My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Royal mail are *suitcase*.

I was forever going down the post office to pick up stuff that was smaller than my letterbox.

I sent them several emails explaining how the delivery office was actually in the next town over and it was completely unacceptable.

Now I live somewhere my neighbours are willing to take things in for me.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I once moved into a place that couldn't even fit a CD through the letterbox.  Yes.  A CD.  Minimal paper packaging.  Postman rang the doorbell and handed me my DVD rental.  I looked at him funny and he pointed at the ridiculously small letterbox.  Out comes the trusty pen knife with saw and I butchered it into a proper postbox sized hole.

My girlfriend just asked me to remind her something in the morning.

BAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Silly woman. As if I have a hope in hell chance of remembering anything before my morning coffee has kicked in.

Only thing I would remember is if it was to remind them to take contraception in the morning.

The rest, well if they can't remember what makes them think I will?

'FireKnife'

Just been informed that I can't have a refund, for an item I won (as it is not fit for purpose; bar Honda formula 1 coat. It fell a part when they washed out, well, the colour faded). Now the seller says that the payment is pending (has been since 15/11/2014) and that is why they cannot refund me. They say it is mentioned in the forums (no idea what forum as they didn't provide a link). I've asked for a link because I received a payment yesterday and it transferred to the bank account (well, it says it has transferred and that the option to refund is there also) without issue.

Has anyone else had a problem with receiving payment via ebay (selling on eBay but you can't receive a payment as it states it as pending), or am I being strung along (I hope I'm just being paranoid)?

Can't edit the above post, so . . . .

All sorted and refund received, happy days.

Rant:- got a sore on my eye but, for the life of me, I can not 'see' the word in my head (it's pronounced s-t-eye or sty). It's annoying not a huge problem just a constant annoyance.

The post office *fruitcage*ed up.

A next day guaranteed on pain of death scanned at each step.letter got left in the *fruitcage* post office because some *fruitcage* wit put it somewhere and didn't do their *fruitcage* job.

Put me into oxycontin withdrawal on the day of my assessed teaching and so I was not quite on the ball.

Oh and having to ask a doc reissue a prescription full of CD's makes me.feel *fruitcage* awful as it is such a typical addict excuse.

So *fruitcage* the post office again for making.me.more.aware I am a barely functioning drug addict.

Oh and I have to phone EE to see if I can move.my.phone bill payment date because I have no money due to my payday be g 2 days later than I was told it would be this month.

My manager has been pulled into a meeting with a director about parts availability.

Essentially, we gave them a list of what stock we needed to cover us for 6 months and they ordered us a third of it as it was too expensive. Now they want to know why we are short of stock.

This isn't really my problem. 

My problem is, they've been in there for 2 and a half hours so far, and I can't go on lunch until they're out and my manager can cover the service phones because in their infinite wisdom, they've not trained the new guy on the phones yet and opted to put him in the workshop doing recondition work until mid December.

(just FYI, in mid December, it will take him 3 times as long to train on the phones, as there will be hardly any service calls coming in)

This place is a cluster *fruitcage*

Royal mail are *suitcase*.

Oh, do tell.

Not sure if I already told the tale of last-minute birthday gift, but here it is:

I bought one of those hilariously gaudy "gothic chalices" on Ebay, as a gift for a friend of mine. It was to be sent via Royal Fail. What happened? Turns out that RM outsources international parcels to a courier company, and that courier company is the *fruitcage* DPD, a bunch of incompetent, knob-gobbling scrotes. With no prior contact (and couriers usually call before trying to deliver) I found a "delivery attempted" slip, with the parcel number written incorrectly, the contact number for the courier who had it missing, and two hours to the friend's birthday party. Only by some miracle I was able to extract the contact number for the courier from the missy at DPD's helpline and receive the bloody thing in time.

When I ordered some stuff from Germany (their postal service also outsources international parcels, but they use DHL), DHL was nice enough to send me an e-mail with the tracker page for my parcel, so I could check where it was. Hell, even the local postal service started calling that they're planning to deliver a parcel!

I finished a 12 hour shift at 6 and have just gotten back home. I boarded my bus at quarter to 8? It also happened to be pissing it down.

Not to mention I start work at 6:30 tomorrow, going to be bloody knackered and will probably ask if I can leave early. Least I have a week off.

Really really need to sort a bike out.

Cheers but its going to be a sweet while before I can sort one out. Need this debt cleared and then a promotion first. Also just googled it and its a pushbike. Hmm 17 miles each way, five days a week seems like hell, especially to do 6-12 hours of work between that.

Royal Mail are amazing, it took ten calendar days for my package to arrive from China, yet it takes more than two working days to move it less than a mile down the road? Was furious when I went to collect it today.

Standard for Royal Mail.

17 miles each way eh?  27km is just under an hour and a half each way.

I'd love that.  I have to get up early to go for a long ride because I live 1km away from work.

If I could commute to work on the bike that would be ace.

I feel so energised for hours after a short blast like that.

Do you have a shower at work?

That's the deal breaker if you don't.

My spine, sweet Jesus, OUCH!

It started acting up again today, and I feel like *suitcase*. Mixing ibuprofen and energy drinks first thing in the morning might have had something to do with it, but... naaah.

Also, I think I finally need to cough up money for a NYPD detective badge holder. It may get useful.

Got my Citizen Eco Drive (my 21st Birthday present and therefore my current dress watch) out of storage. Of course havinf been in its case its completely dead. Been subjecting it to ambient light levels since Sunday but still no life.

Might need to use one of my flashlights or grab a cheap desk lamp to charge it up as I want to be able to use it (and ideally keep it charged)

If it always tastes like that stop eating it?..

I am making an effort to eat a more varied diet and include more healthy stuff. I am told it is very good for you and is nice.

I'm either being lied to, or lack the culinary witchcraft to make it taste nice.

Archived