My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Ebay is all sorts of *fruitcage*ed up.

I tried listing an item internationally on ebay.com - "you're not allowed because a long list of BS reasons."

I tried listing an item internationally on ebay.co.uk - "you're not allowed because you haven't acquired 10 positive feedback from selling yet." (funny, a month ago that wasn't a problem)

I tried listing an item internationally on ebay.pl - EVERYTHING WORKS. Also, I didn't have to pay diddly squat, as opposed to the two above.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[TV advert]

"For a one time payment, you can change the world. The international menace, known as "One Direction" have gone too far with their work. For just £1 you can change the world, by helping us to dispose of this T-shirt which has been defaced with their signature. By helping Mike_West, you can be safe in the knowledge that this item has been disposed of in the correct way, though blissful incineration.

Help us, and make the world a better place."

[/TV advert]

If I can bilk someone for eighty quid (at least), it seems more tempting than burning it. I need to recoup my costs, namely, three quid.

I am sure you could raise £80 on this site alone to see you burn it. Heck if everyone that dislikes them on here puts in a £1 you would easily get over £100.

'FireKnife'

Vomiting bug.

I got it within 24 hours of being in contact, and it's truly evil. Totally wipes you out, but thankfully has only lasted a day. Wife and son have had it too, it seems to spread easily.

Lost 2 days of work because of it though.

Lost 2 days of work because of it though.

This to me depends if you work for a company or for yourself:

Company: Score, paid days off!!!

Self: Feth, money loss again.

Trying to find a flashlight that isn't a stupid "5 mode" thing or selling for silly money is doing my head in.

Seriously, why are none of them just a straight up on/off switch any more?

The only ones I have found that are just on/off are those little £3 ones you get with 9 LEDs in Tesco and other places. Most I agree seem to be some silly thing.

Heck I would love to have one that had a selection slider rather than press once for beam, twice for strong beam, thrice for..........

'FireKnife'

I found a (double A battery type) torch in home&bargain, that was one bulb and had a basic on/off switch. Have a look in your local hardware shop or poundland type shop, they generally have them.

Rant: right hand hurts, can't do press-ups (it's been 5 days now). Bloomin' annoying as hell. First world problem, thank god I don't have that vomiting bug, I really hate vomiting with a passion (as in scared of vomiting).

Ah, here's the rub though...

I want it to look good mounted on a rifle, and I want it bright enough to be of use. I haven't yet found a flashlight that I'm 100% happy with.

That is always the bugger isn't it. It might be 'fit for purpose' in one way but damn it just isn't in another.

Fireknife, self employed :(

Scorch, try led lenser. Or surefire if you have a spare billion pounds lying around...

Ah, ouch so double fail. Not good at all. At least you are better now though.

'FireKnife'

Archived