WA 1911 mil type SCW3

Tef

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw them at UN, $112 before shipping. About the heavyweight, from what I've seen, it actually is prone to cracking, my friend had that problem with his MGC Glock19 which had a heavyweight slide. After playing with it for a while, the part near the slide catch broke off due to repeat impacts with the catch.

The lightweight ABS may actually be stronger than the HW ABS, if it's the same kind of lightweight ABS TM use.

Of course, it won't be as only TM have access to indestrucibilum.

BTW, you can't compare MGC hw material with more modern WA, Marushin, Tanaka and KSC stuff, things do progress...

Cheers

Redwolf have recently been putting close up shots of new guns on their site and they have a few shots of the Magnatechs.

The finish looks OK from the photos there, although I'll reserve final judgement until I actually have one in my hands - Something's got to give for $90 less! :D

Cheers

im going to order one aswell as soon as i can afford it. the opportunity is too good to miss to complete a Nam loadout, especially as there is no way in hell i would shell out ofr a WA. im only getting a 1911 for the loadout, i dont particuarly like them.

So, any updates on these?

I managed to pick one up and the new SCW3 hopup system looks very promising. They basically copied the TM hopup system. The bb now sits directly behind the hopup bump just before being shot out.

The old WA system had the bb sitting behind some "speed bump" that was before the actual hopup bump (This was necessary because the speed bump had to keep the bb from being pushed out the barrel because the floating valve's strong spring was pushing against the bb). The end result was the bb had to get out of the "staging area" precisely on every shot without any unwanted spin being imparted on it. In practice, this rarely happened and that's why WA guns tend to shoot left/right as the bb goes past 40 ft. (because of the slight lateral spin put on the bb as it passes through the speed bump).

The SCW3 system completely removes the staging area, and now has the bb sitting directly behind the hopup rubber (just like Tokyo Marui hopup system).

To neccesate this new system, the floating valve spring has been drastically weakened (because it can't be too strong or else it will push the bb past the hopup rubber and the bb will end up rolling out of the barrel prematurely).

In short, the new SCW3 system looks to be much more accurate than the previous WA systems. I haven't tested it at long ranges but I'm confident there won't be any left/right bb spin anymore (since the only rubber piece spinning the bb is the actual hopup rubber).

Is the gas system the same as SCW2?

Cheers.

Yes, from the looks of it, they didn't change the gas system at all. The muzzle loader thingy is identical to the SCW2 as is the gas valve in the magazine. Blowback is hard and crisp as before. Looks like WA finally ironed out all of their wrinkles... at long last a WA gun that shoots as good as it looks.

A friend of mine who recently made a purchase from den put an order for one for me. He said it came in the mail today. I'm meeting with him tomorrow to pick up my new WA SCW3/Magnatech Colt 1911A1 Military and a spare 21rd magazine for it.

I couldnt wait so I asked him a few questions about it.

Priced at 13,800 JPY...It is cheaper than the list price for the TM M9 Military.

Here's what I found out from asking my friend questions about it:

It has a fixed rear sight. This means that the rear sight along with the front sight is made of plastic (similar plastic used in the TM M9 Biohazards).

This also means that the slide does not have cutouts for the front/rear sights as the slide/front sight assemble is in one piece. While some would say "that sucks", it is actually a good thing. Why? Because cut outs means that the plastic's structure is more sturdy. That and there won't be screws to to get loose. No more missing front/rear sights.

Other than that, these parts are metal:

1. Outer Barrel

2. Recoil Guide Rod Assembly

3. Magazine Release

4. Thumb Safety

5. Grip Safety

6. Mainspring Housing

7. Slide Catch

The Hop System

According to my friend, it is not similar to that of the SCW/SCW2 ones. On the Newest model, the Hop System is fixed.

The question is...what weight of BBs will get you good range?

The Hammer System

It is similar to the SCW2 transfer hammer system. No worries about pins falling out (like what the SCW1 systems did)

That's it for now. I'll confirm wether these are all true within 24 hours. I could also put some photos up.

Archived