1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ta Sao, that's exactly what I was after.

Well, the slide arrived... could not be more happy.

Was more or less a drop-in fit, the BBU is a little loose, but it sits fine with everything else in it.  Only <0.5mm filing around the barrel bushing to get it to slot in... however the rear sights are going to be a bit more of a mission, as the holes on the wilson sights don't quite line up with the SW1911 slide.  I'm not too fussed though, I'm pretty sure I can solve that with 10 minutes and a small drill bit.

Colour and finish is wonderful.  No regret at all, apart from telling a disbelieving mum how much the thing cost.

Worth every penny though, great stuff.

DSC00008Medium.jpg

DSC00004Medium.jpg

that is one awesome pistol dude

Finally got round to getting a photobucket account so I can post some half decent piccies

MGS3 WA 1911A1 almost finished

Still waiting for a flat mainspring housing and toying with the idea of sourcing a RS trigger and bar and I still need to source a Marsoc sight to fit the slide.

45un.jpg

45with.jpg

Does anyone have or know of a picture that contains a Marui M1911A1 with Black Simonich Gunner grips? I've seen pics of the grips on the gun in OD and Coyote, but never just plain black. I want to see how the difference between the gun's body and the grip's color look.

christmas is comin up and I was wondering what upgrades would be a good idea for my WA MEU late model? all it has on it is a PGC full metal kit on it. I was thinking of maybe some real steel parts? springs of some sort? valves for the mags? I don't really know.

are real triggers drop in fits?

hitman...what kind of grips did you have on your MEU late model? (not the wrap around kind, I know) but the other ones.

I use green gas a lot, it seems to work ok, I don't need any internal upgrades do I? do you think? once my friend lets me borrow his damn camera I can post some quality pics.

are real triggers drop in fits?

Pretty sure the RS triggers need slight modification to fit, bit too tall from memory. I know x360m had to file the top and bottom down to fit his frame.

The silencer is from the Prime P226 metal kit, came with the frame and slide, cycles ok with it on as it's fairly light. lighter than the one that came with my Combat commander anyway. Not sure I will keep it on there as it looks better IMO on the Sig. Still looking for something lightweight to use on the 1911 any suggestions anyone?

Almost completed mine now, got my flat mainspring housing through the post and after 4 hours of filing the bugger, reaming out holes, pathcing up cut hands I've finally got the poxy thing in. Man what a hassle, fits the plastic frame with no worries but would not go in the metal frame without serious modifications :angry: Typical sherriff part I suppose :rolleyes::)

What with Xmas coming up I've decided to treat myself to a few goodies...

PAP Black steel chamber, hopefully it will fit unlike the guarder one I have....

STEEL Marsoc Kimber from GnG B) Cost's waaay to much but I can't resist the lure of steel and marsoc'ness :P

Here have a nice blury picture of the start of my WA collection

Anti clockwise from top left SCW Colt Commander with Pachmyr grips

Magnatech (old) Combat comander with pachmyr rosewood grips (now wearing hogues)

and the basis for the MGS3 1911 a WGC custom metal 1911A1 SCW2

DSC01716.jpg

Edited by Sao