1911 Picture Thread

www.1911forums.com

Try there for grips and torches and other bits and bobs.

Ah, the 1911forum.com Full of interesting topics with threads including such advice as 'never open your front door whilst standing in front of it' and other gems. (but no more than any other real steel forum I guess)

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does somebody of you guys know whether the TM M1911 A1's (in standard/stock condition) have the same dimensions (length/width/height) as the original real steel M1911 A1's?

because I couldn't find the width and height of the TM standard M1911 A1.

thanks in advance,

greets rick

For whats its worth... my TM 1911 fits perfectly into my uncle mike's kydex holster. Since its a form-molded holster, any radical departure from actual 1911 dimensions could cause problems, and it holds the gun fine.

Steve

In case anyone's interested, pictures of my two 1911s. The one with black grips is my WE full metal (gawd blessya, Airsoft World). The brown-gripped one is an old springer I acqired a few months ago.

pair1.jpg

pair2.jpg

It was sold in kit form and assembled (not by me). It came with an extension for the magazine.

springermag.jpg

With that and the included stock attached, you get this.

fullspringer.jpg

Or with the extension removed, you can fold the stock.

springerandbox.jpg

Fairly useless as an airsoft gun, but an interesting bit of history. To cock it, you push the slide forwards. On pulling the trigger, the bb fires and the slide recoils backwards. Fun. :D

:zorro:

Sledge

A kit very similar to that was my first ever airsoft gun, many many years ago.

Built up from a kit just like that with the same magazine but mine didnt have the funky stock.

Worked just the same thought with the slide staying back after shooting and having to push it forwards.

Ahh happy memories :D

Heres the latest addition to my growing WA collection

MARSOC with Prime steel kit and a threaded barell

primesteelwa45.jpg

and here it is next to the mgs3 jobby

abraceof45s.jpg

MAN ALIVE this thing is HEAVY it makes the other ally kitted WA feel like a cheap plastic springer!

Loving the rail as well, gives me an excuse to get a decent torch / laser type device :D

Very nice steel kit Sao!

LithiumJack - I dont see why it wouldn't cycle, I have a steel slided Glock with an extremely stiff short stroke recoil spring that cycles perfectly even on GreenGas/Propane, although I tend to use ET1600 Red Gas in it. Also WA's blowback is quite strong, dont think it should have a problem moving the steel slide.

Got the PGC/ProWin aluminum outer barrel and rear sight for the TM1911A1 today.

Im happy to have a proper black outer barrel and metal rear sight! Not to mention since PGC made the outer barrel it cycles 100% with no binding AT ALL (unlike the 9ball and Creation outer barrels). The rear sight needed a little tiny bit of filing to slide in tho.

ProWin1911_001.sized.jpg

ProWin1911_002.sized.jpg

ProWin1911_003.sized.jpg

ProWin1911_004.sized.jpg

LOL not rich anymore!

I'll try to get some pictures at the weekend in daylight hours, never at home before dark in the week.

The slide is a slightly different colour to the frame, nothing that a coat of krylon wouldn't cure :P Not as noticeable to the naked eye as it is in the picture with the flash on.

Yes it does cycle, the cycle is slower than on the ally kitted .45 with either my std mags or diy hi flow ones. Whilst the cycle is slower it does have more of a heft to the movement so it kicks more in your hand just in a slower heavier way, if that makes any sense at all.

Not sure how many shots per mag I'll get as it's too cold out and my room now stinks from the few test shots with propane.

I'll have a better play at the weekend and see what's what.

Cool, cheers.

I find a hard, slow kick to be a lot more enjoyable than a faster, weaker one.

uh :blink:

Strangely enough I prefer the opposite, since in my eyes at least, the faster the blowback the more similar it is to the blowback of a real firearm.. since real firearms recoil exponentially faster than most airsoft guns I like mine to be really snappy with one defined crack instead of two separate noises click-clack.

Luckily enough, Alu upgraded WA's running on green tend to be extremely snappy.

edit - jimel, I like it, however if I were you I'd shove a kimber two-tone slide on there along with some real kimber grips, then itd be my kinda sidearm :D

Edited by hardboiledcop

pict0005eh9.jpg

I got fed up with the rubbish kjw metal slide, decided all plastic was better.

Now is WA p14-45 with: extended "doberman"(?) mag, guarder enhanced loading nozzle, guarder metal chamber, kjw hammer spring, kjw recoil spring, kjw full length recoil guide and kjw hop unit as with a bit of botching was much easier to adjust than the WA hop (which was way dead, .2s were reaching for about 9m or so before dropping). And hogues (comfy).

The weight is not noticeably different from my metal kjw p14, and the operation of it is a lot nicer i.e. more of a bang/"blat" than a sharp "pshink" of low grade metal. :D

Edit: the tape is to keep the grips on, curses to stripped grip threads :(

Edited by Senor Bear

Yeah yeah, I know you've already seen it, but until my V10 project can get under way It's all I have to photograph, so you'll have to lump it!

Still needs: X-Fire Tightbore and recoil plug (fed up of the ful length guide rod) Might even get a silver barrel bushing..

I would replace the trigger and hammer also, but since I had to glue the ambi safety (it was so loose it was unusable) It'll be hard to take down the lower frame (read:impossible :o )

CIMG0629.jpg

CIMG0630.jpg

CIMG0633.jpg

1-7.jpg

hbc.

Strangely enough I prefer the opposite, since in my eyes at least, the faster the blowback the more similar it is to the blowback of a real firearm.. since real firearms recoil exponentially faster than most airsoft guns I like mine to be really snappy with one defined crack instead of two separate noises click-clack.

Luckily enough, Alu upgraded WA's running on green tend to be extremely snappy.

edit - jimel, I like it, however if I were you I'd shove a kimber two-tone slide on there along with some real kimber grips, then itd be my kinda sidearm :D

It just occured to me that I may be able to improve the blowback a bit with a new hammer and recoil spring as it seems to be running a stock hammer and a weak recoil spinrg right now. I'll stick in a spare hammer spring tonight and steal the recoil from the ally kitted jobby.

if you haven't upgraded the hammer/recoil spring you definately need to do so, especially with the steel kit.

I don't care what people say, when I installed a super strong recoil spring in my kimber (my magna springfield wouldnt even cycle with it :blink: ) it was so much more fun to shoot, very snappy with a defined kick into your wrist (as opposed to the roll of your wrist caused by slower blowback)

Edited by hardboiledcop

You can get a two tone kimber slide for 110 dollars or thereabouts.. the problem with sanding one yourself, is that the trades get extremely shallow, so much so that if I sand it any more, the main kimber tade will start dissappearing.

At least I know that if it really fooks up, along with the slide notch which is wearing away bit by bit, I can replace the slide pretty easily (albeit with a regular kimber slide)

I'm definately getting her a dance partner though (if ya know whatta mean ;) )

edit - Oh blimey! is that an MEU late with the finish removed? looks plush, I'm jealous.

Edited by hardboiledcop

Nice 1911 Sledge (the springer).

That stock looks suspiciously like an M93R one.

The term 'push-cocker' (I wonder if the obscenity filter will cope with that?) is usually used for these - I'd love to see a review if you have the time.

Cheers.