1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could somebody please tell me where I can get this replacement spring for the WA MEU Black Late Model ( S.C.W. Ver. 2 )?

Not sure what it's called, but its the spring in the chamber.

Thank You.

Search WA GM then the part number and you should be able to find it on TokyoModel, if not then try Den, WGC etc..

----

M1 Grand..... what else do you think would fit a colt government holster than a colt 1911 government?

Edited by hardboiledcop

I don't know. When I see pics like these

v1006vs3.jpg

v1003sy1.jpg

v1007lb0.jpg

r0011328tn8.jpg

I think it would look pretty sweet. But that finish looks to be achieved by just milling. I doubt I could get anywhere near that sort of finish if I did it by hand. Plus I doubt the controls would match.

So it's probably more realistic if I just left it.

px9161llargexn1.jpg

NM, seems there a few issues with the V10 kit.

hbc, I'll go into more detail later, it was really nothing, just seemed to be a feak occurance. Now, how the hell do I remove the inner barrel from the outer barrel? As its spring loaded. i have taken out the small pin, do I have to take apart the hop thing with those 2 screws? I unscrewed the barrel, but the springs in there so i cant take it off :blink:

Edited by hitmanNo2

Well, the V10 is done aesthetically at least. And I can safely say I won't buy another Prime kit again. My third Prime frame and third set of problems. I know metal kits require a certain amount of end user fitting,but you would think a company would check a product is reasonably accurate before mass producing or even batch producing it.

OK, most of the problems I can remember:

-Chamber needs filing to allow the recoil spring to be seated.

-Inner barrel chamber thing needs filing so it can be inserted into the slide when attached to the outer barrel.

-Inside of outer barrel isn't the same as the stock one, so inner barrel is loose (no barrel spacer/stabilizer)

-Prime seem to have issues with getting the thumb safety to be effective. In this case, it either gets stuck on top of the trigger bar or you file it so it doesn't function.

-Blowback chamber sits too low in slide, so quite a bit of filing is needed on it (and the plastic nozzle)

-The hammer seems to hit the slide so it doesn't get full travel of the firing pin.

I think thats most of them. However some of them are probably due to me having not 100% fitted it yet. Still, its something to think about.

Pics should go up tomorrow.

Edited by hitmanNo2