1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have ordered them in the past, but Dentrinity is out of stock right now.

I also fixed a gun Evike built poorly, and they hacked the leaf spring to bits. In the end, the MSH holds it in place pretty tightly. You just need to be sure it is aligned correctly when putting it back together. Like everything, just go slow and test fit often.

Ive just been having a look at yours a few pages back, looks very smart mate, I like those grips you currently have on your delta too. It should be a good learning curve for me fitting this kit, looking forward to it. How did you take the 0.5 mm off, with a file? or something else?

Many thanks

Nick

Wanted to make sure that you knew that I said 0.5 mm, not 5 mm. Bad things would happen if you tired to take off 5mm. :)

If your kit is anything like mine I think that it should go together quite easily. Good Luck

Wanted to make sure that you knew that I said 0.5 mm, not 5 mm. Bad things would happen if you tired to take off 5mm.

If your kit is anything like mine I think that it should go together quite easily. Good Luck

Cheers Rom, im glad you double checked hehe

Finally gotten my TM Cold Delta Elite to a "finished" form. I am very happy with how this project turned out. The PGC kit was amazingly easy to fit and the finish is really awesome as well.

I am still planning to refinish the controls in a lighter color but other than that I'm not sure what else I am going to do to this gun.

Also, thanks to Pasch for the grips and hkssr20det for technical advice and support.

cdedgriplefttf4.jpg

cdedgriprightqz1.jpg

cdedgriplockedrg7.jpg

cdedgripbackhn2.jpg

This build includes the following bits and pieces:

• TM 1911A1
  • PGC Colt Delta Elite Frame (Silver)
  • PGC Colt Delta Elite Slide (Silver)
  • PGC Colt Delta Elite 10mm Auto Outer Barrel ( Black)
  • RS Factory Colt Delta Elite Grips
  • SD Loaing Nozzle
  • SD Piston Head
  • SD Valve Blocker
  • PDI 6.01mm Tightbore (112.5mm)
  • 9Ball Chamber Packing

Any suggestions or comments are welcome and appreciated. I am still trying to come up with ideas to turn is into a truly custom gun...

cdeformalmg7.jpg

Edited by Romulus
Finally gotten my TM Cold Delta Elite to a "finished" form. I am very happy with how this project turned out. The PGC kit was amazingly easy to fit and the finish is really awesome as well.

I am still planning to refinish the controls in a lighter color but other than that I'm not sure what else I am going to do to this gun.

Any suggestions or comments are welcome and appreciated. I am still trying to come up with ideas to turn is into a truly custom gun...

Looks nice, if you're planning to do more I'd suggest getting a RS elite grip safety (same as the m1991 commander and mkiv series 80 commander safety), or a sheriff duck tail safety, which is somewhat close in function to the RS elite, as well as a ring/colt commander type hammer, and a longer solid black trigger.

Edited by birchm

Thanks.

@ birchm: One of these days I'll shell out the money for the proper hammer. As far as the trigger goes the thing I hate most about the RS Delta Elites is the slab trigger so I won't be using on. I may compromise and go for a TK 3 hole trigger.

As far as the grip safety, I don't think that I have the skills to modify an RS grip safety. If my ship comes in I might consider the Sherrif though.

Thanks for the suggestions.

@ hkssr20det: I am liking the black too. My current plan is to get Junior to bead blast the controls (he mentioned that you had the same idea). I think that I will leave them raw so that they will be the same grey color was the controls on Juniors STI Executive. I believe that this will soften the contrast but still give the gun a two tone look.

Edited by Romulus

I really like the gun as well as the combination of the ideas listed above... a beavertail grip safety, three-hole trigger, and ring hammer would look excellent. Personally I like the contrast a lot; I think it works well with the grips.

It's too bad there's not much in the way of sight options, since that seems to be what holds it down as an older style gun. You could probably make some FOs from the stock ones, but it'd be risky since AFAIK replacement's aren't convenient to come by.

Wonder how that frame would look with a Hi-Capa upper assy.

Thanks

Wonder how that frame would look with a Hi-Capa upper assy.

I tried to do this but my SD slide didn't fit well. I will try the same thing with my STI when it gets here.

It's too bad there's not much in the way of sight options, since that seems to be what holds it down as an older style gun. You could probably make some FOs from the stock ones, but it'd be risky since AFAIK replacement's aren't convenient to come by.

Honestly, I love the PGC Hi-Profile sights. Couldn't ask for much more.

Honestly, I love the PGC Hi-Profile sights. Couldn't ask for much more.

Oooh... I see now. Thought they were the stock sights since I didn't realize the Delta kit came with sights and didn't see anything on the parts list. My eyes were drawn to the grips in the pics.

Beautiful place you live at, nice gun too. I don't really like older 1911s, but your does catch my eye

I am actually not a big fan of old 1911's either. Thats what lead me to pick out the Delta Elite over the Springfield or 1911A1. I am still looking for ways to modernize it though. I will defiantly be getting a new trigger for a start. I'll probably pick up a hammer as well, though I'm not sure that I am up to the headache of fitting one.

Yeah, I do kinda have a million dollar view. :)

The sights look great :) big improvement over the standard ones! That's a real nice gun you got there Romulus :P

I can't say enough about how big a change the PGC sites are from the stock sights. It's like night and day.

Nice Rom. Looks a bit like the early stages of my Colt. :)

Are you referring to the Sheriff grip safety for WA? If so, be advised that grip safeties for WA and RS are basically the same in terms of function. This means that the mods required for each will be about the same.

And nice sights. I picked up the RS equivalent sights with intent to mod them to my Prime kit. The sights are up for sale though since I think I'll be putting my 1911 up for sale soon. /shameless plug :P

Edited by davedawg123