1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a smaller one from B&Q over the weekend, wouldn't fit 2 pistols end-on-end but it's not much smaller, that B&Q one was only £11-odd.

The one in the picture I bought from my local Home Hardware shop - got 2 of those and another 4 or 6 coming when I get a firm price on them from the assistant. manager (who's an old school friend), and they retail for only about £20-£22 each anyway: which is clearly far too much for a simple, rugged, sturdy, smart, deep case like this :rolleyes:

I really like 'em. Got depth enough for 2 layers of pistolas, so I should be able to get most if not all my handguns into the lot of them. Home Hardware is a merchant chain so find your local one and see if they can buy them in for you I guess; they go on promotion coming up to Christmas as well and might well come down to only £15 retail apparently :)

WA's Delta Elite is the most accurate gun I've ever tested and I wasn't alone - A number of people mentioned it was very accurate.

Never really worked out why, though - Maybe the great sights combined with the tightbore?

BTW, most SVIs come with a straight trigger face as well as the standard fitted curved one (and another, the shape of which escapes me at the moment).

Cheers

Yeah, only got the Delta Elite last week so its still in great nick alright - I don't think I'll be smirmishing any of these for a long time! Nice to know its the most accurate gun Mark, very reassuring bonus :)

On the trigger of the SW1911 - I hate it, I really do. It feels very, very wrong and I will be replacing it - looking for something really cool (natch) but I have no idea of what series/SCW-ness of trigger will actually fit, so..... *blatant blag* if anyone could tell me what to look for, or actual triggers that will definitely work with this, I will love you forever :D Whether thats a good thing or not is up to you of course.

I've just not been able to find any triggers for it; an AMT Hardballer trigger would be the ultimate option but I doubt they exist :(

not sure if a kimber trigger would fit tho, the way to tell this is how many holes the trigger has, if it has 1 hole, that connects it to the trigger bar, or 2, if it has 2 hole, it will have a hexaganol end, if it has 1, it will be squared, the kimbers have 1 hole, and most other 1911's have 2

ey lads... I'm after your expertise again :P

My plan to get hold of a Kimber "Marsoc" failed, as apparently they're out of production for now, so I'm gonna be ordering myself a lovely Wilson FBI Trial in its place.

I was just wondering though, anyone know if real-deal grips designed for the 1911 will fit a Wilson as normal? More specifically, the Simonich-Strider style "gunner grips" (mmm, waffles)

Sorry for the stupid question, but I'm not so hot on the idea of spending $65+usual on a pair of grips, to find that they won't fit this variety...

Cheers