CA AUG

Kosac

sorry to revive a dying thread especially over such irrelevance but I'm trying to decide whether I want one or not and there's just one thing putting me off the whole gun despite it's easy substitutability; does it annoy anyone else that the flash hider on the AUG looks like the dining table leg of Queen Anne III?

The flash hider question is quite interesting actually. There are a number of different flash hiders for the AUG. Surprisingly I wasn't able to verify that the open version (right one in attached pic) is the older one. It was designed to be able to shoot through wires. I personally prefer the closed version (left one). A friend of mine dropped his RS AUG during his army service and the upper half of his open muzzle got bent inwards into the bullets flight path.

Anyway I hope they'll make a closed version, I think its also called a cage, as an accessory.

It just occurred to me that the closed version looks like a table leg as well, dang. :huh:

post-2490-1139319741_thumb.jpg

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I got to check this out yesterday at the SHOT Show in Vegas. The gun itself is very solid and the grip on the front is much more sturdy than the TM version. After speaking with the sales rep from CA I was told that the military version was being release first. This was the one they had on display there and I must say that the optics were very impressive. They were clear and crisp at distance and close targeting.

Anyway, the sales rep told me that the military is first followed by a civilian and lastly a RIS version with a shorter barrel (he told me the model but I cannot recall it). All in all this is a much more impressive version than the TM and it felt very solid.

On a side note they also had several other new releases including two new g3 series guns and an sr25.

Jeff

EDIT: I forgot to mention that they increased the size of the compartment for the battery to hold a larger size battery without any modifications.

Must...Have...Nooow.....

I said now, dammit!

I'm afriad I'll also have to look into that SR25 and those G3s...

Here's a piccy from CA's site; that looks like one of the new G3s:

http://www.classicarmy.com/catalogue/253_c...-can-OUTPUT.jpg

Sweet; finnally, I can make a Granidier G3. :D

Cheers,

Matt

:usflag:

Any news on the RIS version yet?

Sorry, I just got back to NY after traveling today. There unfortunately was a different rep there when I stopped back and all he could tell me was that the AUG in question was used by special forces in Europe. I think I would assume that it is an A3 but I cannot firmly say that for sure though. It makes me wish that I would have written it down the first time! I guess the only thing we can do now is wait until the end of the year...

Jeff

I didnt think the A3 was in production as yet, and even then IF it were going to be, it would be made in the Phillipines/Malaysia/Australia area

Maybe I am thinking of a different model then, like I said we have to wait and see or hopefully someone else attended the show and was able to get the information on it.

Jeff

I think it's more a hybrid/transitional model into the A3 which nowadays looks to be more like:

G8HB0474.jpg

The shape and height of the top ris rail is different aswell as a couple of other minor things, most noticeable the scope.

Either way, I'm getting me one of these for sure if we are right in thinking this is to be released by CA.

• 1 month later...
Classic Army website shows AUG A1 as a new release, but no pictures or specifications that I could find. Anyone else have any luck?

I've noticed that too! It gave a date of 3-18-2006 above the listing. Since that has come and gone, anyone else have any new concrete info on it?

Hannibal

No, they won't. It was covered in a different thread.

Reason being: The TM FAMAS is cheap and undestroyable.

The Real FAMAS is fibreglass, and so CA cannot release a Full Metal Varient, and a Version 1 gearbox is essentially pretty hardcore from the get go, so no CA pre-upgraded goodness there.

Hence, CA won't make one.

The Real FAMAS is fibreglass, and so CA cannot release a Full Metal Varient, and a Version 1 gearbox is essentially pretty hardcore from the get go, so no CA pre-upgraded goodness there.

Hence, CA won't make one.

That's no good argument, CA copied the TM G36C and the TM AUG, too. Those guns were also good from the beginning.

:)

That's no good argument, CA copied the TM G36C and the TM AUG, too. Those guns were also good from the beginning.

:)

But, CA used a higer-quality fibreglass/ABS mix that feels MILES better than the TM.

Also, the V3 gearbox used in the G36C and AUG is good in TM form, but still not good enough, so CA offer it fully tricked out from the get-go.

The V1 Gearbox in the TM FAMAS is uber-indestructibe anyway, so CA cannot really improve on it.

Archived