CA AUG

Kosac

*sigh*

As per usual, we've veered off on something totally irrelevant.

I have noticed that you can pre-order the AUG on airsoftglobal. I haven't found anyone else doing that yet either. I also noticed that they just added it today (23rd).

Hannibal

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry guys...but make a Famas thread!

I don't want to sift through multiple pages about a non-existant Famas. It'll be great news that you WILL see when and if CA decides to do it. Personally, I don't see why they would...as per the reasons given above, but to each their own.

Just make a new thread about it!

Hannibal

For the record, I own a Famas also...and it would be nice if CA did it. Make a new thread though...

I agree the FAMAS is a great gun, and feels/handles a lot better than the steyr, but not indestructable.

Even though the motor can "pull" high rated springs, it takes more battery juice to do so, it is just not as efficient as the EG700 or EG1000.

As well, the upper carrying handle tabs that interfaces with the barrel breaks , and has to be modified not to.

The receiver also loosens its hold with the mechbox and leaves the airseal with the barrel a bit dodgy.

Overall, a bit of an improvement would make the FAMAS a lot more popular than it currently is.

I know, I already posted that one! :P

I was looking for a couple of more sites to get it before I go ahead with one or the other. I'd like to see some others get it with a little more definitive release dates posted before I get too crazy.

Hannibal

Who rated it already?

I know, I already posted that one!  :P

I was looking for a couple of more sites to get it before I go ahead with one or the other.  I'd like to see some others get it with a little more definitive release dates posted before I get too crazy.

Hannibal

The other AUG thread said it would be for sale at the Classic Army shop near the end of March.

the RS is a two peice barrel assembly as well

This is what i heard as well... and another reason why im really excited about this gun

The realsteel barrel assembly is most certainly one piece. They don't make "two piece outer barrels" for real guns, because there's no such thing as an inner and outer barrel separately. A friendly irish soldier taught me how to take his AUG to pieces when we were in a joint operation, and I can tell you the barrel was quite solid one piece.

Anyways back on the topic. Classic Army have the AUG Military on display at their showroom in Mong Kok. The friendly salesgirl told it isn't the production model, and the prototype isn't as good as the production model will be. I thought the one I handled at the store was quite good so if they improve upon that, the production versions should be really good.

The battery compartment will take a 12 volt mini or 9,6 volt 1700 mAh battery just like the TM. The scope reticle is far better and doesn't block the target like the TM scope does. Magnification is 1.5, fast enough for skirmishing and two-eyed use.

I can't say whether the front grip is stronger than Marui, because I didn't want to try to break it. :P

-Sale

I like the OD stock of the military version, but I also like having the rail on the civilian version instead of being stuck with a 1.5x scope. If I bought the military version now, could I buy like the civilian upper receiver (so I get the OD and the rail) from CA (or another company)?

Just an FYI...this is the response I got from HotSpot Airsoft on the price and exact delivery dates.

Hi, I have just spoke with CA, and it seams that it should be in US around end of April / May (APPROXIMATED)

Don't know yet which version will be shipped firs (Civilian or Military) Price approximately $285 CIV. $299 MIL.

but they can change at any time.

Take it for what it's worth. Seems unusual to have a pre-order that far out and not know that the military version is supposed to be first. Oh well...

Hannibal

The resoponse I got from airsoftny.com was that they plan on having them at the end of april. This is the same thing im hearing from all the retailers I have discussed it with.

It is out, supposedly, in HK... but then we have to wait for the imports.

I like the OD stock of the military version, but I also like having the rail on the civilian version instead of being stuck with a 1.5x scope. If I bought the military version now, could I buy like the civilian upper receiver (so I get the OD and the rail) from CA (or another company)?

A can of OD spraypaint, perhaps? Cheaper.

Background: I am new to airsoft but not to guns.

I own a TM SG-1, Various GBB's( TM & HFC) and some LPEG's

I'm also a craftsman, and metalsmith.

That said, here's what I think of the;

Classic Army Steyr Mannlicher, AUG.post-15396-1144336701_thumb.jpg

post-15396-1144336747_thumb.jpg

It's heavy. More so than the SG-1 with bi-pods.

It shoots straight and hard.

Hop is very precise.

9 inch group at 85feet. ( I think that's not bad for a full auto group)

Scope is tight but very usable,fixed sights on top are a nice touch.

post-15396-1144336720_thumb.jpg

Trigger pull is smooth.

Foregrip feels very solid, heavy steel hardware. :punk:

Metal bits are well made, however, final finish could have been better:( mould lines, but not on the barrel :)

Plastic feels more like Fiberglas than ABS.

(Something like the real steel stock,ABS with fibres.)

Mini 8.4v battery

330 rnd high cap magazine

( now here's the killer....those BE $6.95 mags.......they FIT!!!! and work, they're picky about being pulled out straight, though.)

Nice Trades. (well, mine has them)

post-15396-1144336770_thumb.jpg

Disassembles in three pieces, can be stored in a 14 x 20 inch case.

post-15396-1144336829_thumb.jpg

And, yes, the back half of the barrel is plastic. :(

post-15396-1144336787_thumb.jpg

OVERALL: 8.9 ( I'm picky about mould lines not being finished properly)

I would recommend this rifle.

I will compare to TM's civilian version this weekend.

Update to follow....................

TJ

Archived