All users be advised: Do NOT use Airsoft Dynamics

Ok, I acknowledge its not looking good.

In the interest of offering some positive info I placed an order on the 21st Dec & another on the 23rd Dec. The first was received just before Christmas and the other just afterwards.

I for one will be sad to hear AD go under as I've generally had good service from them. True their communications and timeframes for completing work have been poor, but when I chased them I've always got a good result.

Anyway I await the resolution of this situation and hope its a good result for all those with orders or equipment outstanding.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After dealing with some other bum companies I feel your plight. I did a WHOIS lookup for airsoft dynamics and it looks like you guys might want to give James Smith a ring. Maybe this phone number is a new one and you can get somewhere with it. If anyone for some reason would like me to call the server company in America I would be more than happy to help and save you international calling fees. Heres the information:

Registrant:

Airsoft Dynamics

8 Thames Reach

Purley On-Thames

Reading, RG8 8TE

UK

Domain name: AIRSOFTDYNAMICS.COM

Administrative Contact:

Smith, James james@airsoftdynamics.co.uk

8 Thames Reach

Purley On-Thames

Reading, RG8 8TE

UK

+441189612515 Fax: +441189612011

Technical Contact:

Customer Service, EV1 Servers domains@ev1servers.net

2600 SW Freeway

Suite 500

Houston, Texas 77098

US

+1.7133337873 Fax: +1.7139429332

Registration Service Provider:

Everyones Internet, domains@ev1servers.net

http://www.ev1servers.net

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.

Record last updated on 01-Aug-2005.

Record expires on 29-Sep-2006.

Record created on 29-Sep-2000.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.EV1SERVERS.NET 207.218.245.135

NS2.EV1SERVERS.NET 207.218.247.135

Domain status: ACTIVE

If you're in the Reading area why not swing by AD's workplace to see if they are there? I would this morning, but I'm driving down the other side of the country on the M5/6 not the M4.

Do keep the posts factual though and away from mud slinging. Personally I think it's a bit odd that the one of the AD guys isn't online somewhere with a brief note to say what's up, like I said though it's perfectly possible that there is a logical reason for what's going on. Weird things do happen sometimes.

I heard from a friend on sat that they have gone into receivership and have or are planing to sell their stock off cheap to another company. A few days befor I heard this I went to their office/shop myself to get a few things, it was closed and the blinds were shut, I had a look through a slit and could not see much but it looked empty. I dont know any more than this so I wont be much help but the info was from a reputable source.

i think the moral of the story is dont bother with AD. For the best UK airsoft retailers you have to go to zero one, firesupport or Wolf armouries.

Learned not to use AD after i waited nearly 2 and a half months for a SR16 :angry:, that was 6 years ago, ive taken my money elsewhere since then. So ive heard that AD shop is empty :huh:

Hello guyz i guess i am one of the lucky ones for some reason or another and i dont know why. Me and my mate made an order on the 9/1/06 for a P38 walther, Kar 98k mag and some gas now on there web page it has said "Order Pending" from the day i order up untill now. We were going to leave it for two weeks then i was going to phone them up and see what was happening but just before i did i noticed the article on Arnies and came here, after reading all of your horror stories about AD and people loseing money i was starting to get worried about my order and the money.

Well i thought theres no point in phoning them since no one has had anyluck so i phoned my credit card company to see if i could get my money back. It turns out that they never took the money of in the first place according to Visa so i am very lucky.

I am also sorry to hear about all the people that have lost money and i sincerlly hope that all of you get your money back from these criminals and that they dont do busy again in the airsoft market.

Craig.

I use the zeroin forums more but the discussion of AD isn't allowed so...

Basicaly i ordered one of their TM Tac Master special offers and got it before christmas, after having seen their latest special offer including 'e-mail us for any ideas' i did, 10 times and no reply considering every other E-mail ive ever sent them was responded to within a couple of hours usually. Their site is barely updated anyway but to leave it on Xmas special offers would lead me to believe that there's something wrong.

I'd look at the offices but unfortuneately im in the wrong Basildon...

Its a shame on UKAN Forum your not allowed to discuss AD or you get banned.

The people that run that sight must feel akward since their members have been almost certainly shafteeeed by the company sported in their big lovely banner "UKAN SPONSORED BY AIRSOFT DYNAMICS."

Perhaps Ive missed a statement of UKANs position on this ? Clearly UKAN cant be saying theres no fire when theres so much smoke?

Let me get this straight: one of the biggest, and frankly only, airsoft retailers in the UK seems to have disappeared, owing god knows how much in cash and/or goods to people, and one of the UK's three airsoft forums won't let you discuss it? :rofl: Fantastic. In fact, I'll go further: fanny-tastic.

:zorro:

I certainly cant see a statement on their forum addressing the issue - if anyone has a link to one please point me in the direction as Id be like to see their opinion.

They seem to be treating it like a single forum member has had a deal gone bad.....the fact it seems to affect dozens of people doesnt figure.

I cant believe that NOBODY knows where any of these guys live etc and can't get hold of them.

Has anyone anywhere started to take legal proceedings yet??

Even if these guys were in some horrible accident, thats still none excuse for this, you get internet access from your hospital bed these days! and it wouldn't kill them to ask someone else to inform people. Anyways, i seriously doubt thats the case, it's obvious they've just buggered off with whatever remaining cash they had left.

Hmm, i wonder if UKAN is in someway directly related to the guys from AD, surely they bloody know where these criminals are hiding!!

Keep comments free from spurious allegations please. There's no need to call people names, just stick to the facts. If you've placed and order and have shelled out cash and not received anything and no word back then please do state that, however if you're not directly involved it's really not needed to call someone a criminal.

Remember as I said ages ago, there could be a reason for the current situation that somewhat explains what is going on.

This thread serves as a way for people affected to exchange information between themselves, I don't want to see an online witch-hunt complete with (as yet) unfounded allegations.

AD sponsor UKAN/ASC (they used to pay for a server so I was told), so other than similarities in hosting there's no link. A long time ago AD's support to UKAN/ASC was also what helped host this site. From experience I don't envy a site with adverts plastered all over it from a retail entity that's 'gone missing'.

If you are owed money I would check the status of AD at companies house. They are likely to be registered in some form. If they are a limited and you are owed gear/money you would need to take action quickly whilst the ltd remains active (should the worst happen), if the company was a sole trader, then I'd guess you'd have to contact Paul who owns AD. There are three P Jones listed in the phone book (http://www.thephonebook.bt.com) in the area, but they aren't guaranteed to be the same person and the 'real' person may not be answering the phone anyway.

I got in contact with my local trading standards, they checked the company details on the Company House website but it appears that they are not registered on there, so they couldn't do much there, They advised me to call up the Official receivers who would be able to tell me if the company has gone through the official receivers office, i shall try and do this today on my lunch break and get back to you.

SlasherHawk

Two websites that may be useful to people

Company House search AD have two entries with addresses

Official Receivers I presume the chap in Reading would be the best to contact

08458 505 505 This is the number of the local Police Station to AD if you want to go that route. If they get enough complaints they may try and gain entry to the premises..not sure on that one though?

01252 315225 or 07765 848930 These are the numbers to Ambush Eversley enquiries, not directly connected but I believe AD used to have a stall at their skirmishes, they may be able to shed some light on the matter?

Slick63: The Police are not likely to get involved unless there's suspicion of a criminal activity and at the moment I doubt enough time has elapsed for any charges to be raised. They certainly aren't going to attempt to gain entry to the property without just cause or reasonable grounds to do so - for one the property is/was most likely under lease, not ownership.

Fair comment, I didn`t think they would unless it turns into a criminal case :) . I`ve just read on another forum from an ABA spokesman that he has been trying to contact Paul Jones, as AD run the save airsoft website and he`s worried that it may go down <_<

I too ordered in Aug 05 some goods. Fed up with waiting so cancelled order in Oct 05. They said they had sent the refund slip back for my credit card. Checked my statements and no refund.

Called credit card today and log with them, they are inverstigating now.

FYI, as far as I am aware it is against the law for a retailer to take payment for an item that it is incapable of shipping in a reasonable timeframe.

Say for example, I ordered an M4 that was listed as out of stock. The retailer would not be able to charge me for this order until the item was back in stock - they can take the card details but they cannot actually process the payment until the item is ready to ship.

So what AD have been doing is illegal right from the start, if my information is correct (and I am not a lawyer, so I could be wrong).

If I am right, then presumably there is some "loophole" with regards to taking deposits for pre-order items.

Either way, you should all be contacting your bank and/or credit card company. If you paid by credit card you're quids in, the credit card company WILL get your money back as THEY are held jointly liable for the loss of funds. That's one of the added bonuses of paying by credit card - although I think this is only for orders over £100.

If you paid by debit card then you might have a bit more difficulty getting your money back, but talk to your bank.

If the company go into receivership/administration then you're unlikely to get any of your money back if you didn't pay by credit card as although you will be on the list of "creditors" (people owed money) there will be plenty of people higher than you on the list ;)

Credit card issuers liability for card purchases is only valid so long as the card issuer is signed up with certain regulatory bodies within the UK.

This link ranks and compares various card issuers as well as listing certian relevant terms and conditions:

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/cards/card...e=purchasecover

"Say for example, I ordered an M4 that was listed as out of stock. The retailer would not be able to charge me for this order until the item was back in stock - they can take the card details but they cannot actually process the payment until the item is ready to ship."

UNLESS the retailer states clearly that they WILL take payment upon receipt of order - which AD have done for some time. In this case it is the customers' choice as to whether or not they decide to place the order or go elsewhere.

F

Archived