All users be advised: Do NOT use Airsoft Dynamics

They sent me a free item once, forgot to ever take the money for it - this makes me feel a tad guilty in this conversation of course but further underlines their ineptitude. Failing to get paid for something is just inexcusable practice, failing to supply paid-for goods - tantamount to theft - is just criminal. The b*stards.

I am very surprised and pretty disappointed, really, when I think they've still done a regular trade with all these sensible and usually very clued-up folk :(

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As for posting news it'd have to be written very carefully so as to remain lawful and fair.

So when did the last person get an actual response from AD post Christmas?

Fair enough that it needs to be lawful, but with all respect, i think AD have given up their right for anyone to be "fair" to them. It's been almost a month since there's been any contact and they've taken alot of peoples money in that time.

If they were having some sort of problem they could easily have come onto the forums and let people know, or put a notice on their website, but they havn't even had the decency to do that.

Goddamn, if only there'd been some earlier hint, some clue that maybe they weren't a good company.

If only...

:zorro:

There was MULTIPLE warnings about this company. Im suprised they had anyone to rip off with the bad publicity surrounding them.

Sorry to hear anyones been stung.

Easy to see what their opinion of how the VCR might end up is>

Anyone can be found if you put your mind to it. I used to be a debt collector a few years back when I left the army.

A few basic tricks of the trade. And it can be done from the comfort of your own chair.

1. Compile a list of ALL Airsoft Dynamic employees including owners, workers ect.

(This method is more or less if its a limited company but if you know just one of their names then its a start).

2. Remember, chances are they will live within a certain radius of where their business was. Check local phone books covering the business area and surrounding zones to see if you can match any surnames with the one's on your list. Also try www.bt.com (find a person tab along the bottom of home page). Type in their details as required and see what comes up. Also try just the surname and see what it gives. It could be an address of a relative.

3. Try various census reports such as http://www.192.com/search/people.cfm

Its a bit more advanced than bt.com.

4. If you go to their premises, see if any rubbish is lying around. Sometimes you get lucky and find some good intel about someone.

5. If its a registered company, check the company registration number on the website for Company's House and see what information they have. Normally contains names of all company directors and secretary's.

6. Put an advert in various local papers along the lines of "Looking for old friends. Used to run a business called Airsoft Dynamics. Contact ###########"

7. Try and find out what their outside hobbies/interests are. For instance, if you know one of them does kick boxing, see what gyms within a a certain radius teach kick boxing.

8. Speak to businesses next to theirs (if applicable). Ask them when they last saw them. Have they ever seen them elsewhere. What cars would they normally drive to work ect.

9. And last but not least, be friendly and tactful with the people you talk to. If they are at ease they willbe more inclined to tell you something.

There are loads more methods I could write down but I think you all get the picture.

Happy hunting.

Steve.

I saw some of the guys on the 2nd January at a private game and everything was business as usual from what they said. I guess if you are having problems contacting them go to their shop, there's a map on the website or visit their site shops at Ambush Chobham and Eversley's sunday skirmish's, running dates of each are on the ambushadventures website.

Steve Pearson - some great advice there, it's about time somebody takes this a step further, as it stands all i've seen is people complaining on forums, it's time some real action gets done about this. These *rickrolls* are probably driving around in flash cars at the expense of all the people they've ripped off.

captainamerica - not everyone can travel half the country looking for them!

Last contact I had from AD was 14 December 2005 as far as I know UKARA have not been able to contact them either so far this year.

Why I don't know, as Arnie says we can all guess possible reasons, but until they make a statement we will not know :(

But you would have though they could have posted somewhere what was happening.

even before the present problems, AD were so ###### people should've been warned off them. However, I am intrigued as to why no one has taken more action than ringing up yet. Grow some balls, people!

Quoted myself for truth. Is anyone actually DOING anything, or are you just bleating like a half-eaten sheep?

:zorro:

According to the other forums, someone has actually went to the AD shop in person but it was closed. He had asked the person in the place next door if there had been activity and apparently not as much as usual.

Anyhow... Im sure this debacle has veered into the illegal now... or at the very least a severe breach of tradeing standards. I would contact the local police regarding the matter as well as tradeing standards.

Apparently several people from another forum have been to the shop only to find it locked up, think someone from UKARA tried in person as well. I fear the worst, even if they are having website/coms problems they could post an answer on any of the forums, their silence speaks volumes! Is there any way of checking the company name for insolvency? :angry:

Well in the past 8 days iv phoned my bank (lloyds TSB) and have now had a good response from them, they sent out a form to fill in and return with the emails that i have received and sent. They stated when i send the forms back that i would get my money credited to my account and they will look in to the matter more. So i strongly suggest phoning your bank account, but the first time I phoned 14 days ago, they told me i had to wait for the legal 30days for undelivered goods before they could do anything at all. It was a VISA Debit card I used to order also, so this is very good news for me since i thought that by using it i would have no chance. Phone your bank, if it fails, wait 30mins and try again.

I find it a little odd that with so many people registered on Arnie's and a country-wide catchment of airsofters that there isn't a single person who knows anyone who works for AD or lives near them. Surely somebody has to be friends with the guys who run the shop or the website? Or know them as neigbours or aquaintences?

Weird or not?

Dynamics have owed me a refund for 3 months now with no avail so I've claimed with my credit card, sent it off today but they said they should get it back. I have another small outstanding order but it looks like I won't ever see that.

Overall I have had mixed experiences with these guys, I ordered a TM M4 and it came within 24 hours. But the current situation more that puts what little decent service they have exhibited down to a fluke.

EDIT: And yeah, someone somewhere must know them, although they'll probably be keeping their head down, not wanting to take the blame owed to dynamics. But if you do please just let the many people waiting for orders/money anything about the situation.

I've ordered a few things off AD over the years. True they've never been super quick but I've always found them to be amicable.

However I too am owed a part ordered from them before Christmas. I was promised a delivery date before the 14th (when I needed the part) but it came and went without anything.

I have to say that I doubt that these people are "driving round in flash cars" (airsoft retailing doesn't make THAT much). It is curious that they haven't made contact but I would give them at least 1 month from last contact to make an appearance. They may have some entirely legit reason. They may not but I prefer to give them the benefit of the doubt for just a wee while longer. You'd all look a little sheepish if they were all involved in a car accident or something. (long shot I know but bear with me :) )

Also a note to this thread seems to be making no headway, more the same people saying the same things over and over (my orders not arrived, I told you all etc). I can understand peoples frustration but lets at least keep the finger poking and eye gouging to a minimum for now.

Less speculation more fact?

Bear in mind that the following is third hand information, apparently one of the guys on another forum has been down to the AD shop and according to him the shop is empty, no furniture or stock inside. They do normally have a stall at Ambush Eversley on gamedays, maybe contacting them will shed some light? :blink:

Even that was 3rd hand. He was told by someone at a skirmish but he hadn't been there himself

This is a post for AD rumours not snipes at forum members, there are a lot of cheesed off people out there and it is natural that they want to hear anything relating to AD. These rumours are circulating because of the very fact that AD staff haven`t contacted any of the forums regarding their position. <_<

Archived