What is the right amount of airsoft guns?

Butter18c

So, i have been arguing with my mom about airsoft, and she says its a waste of money, because everyone is switching to paintball, and leaving airsoft. I have a few friends that will still play, and there's always that playing field here in WA. So, I got and ics mp5, and if I get it repaired, a g18c. I want another aeg, or maybe a sniper for longer ranges. WHat ddo you guys think?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, i have been arguing with my mom about airsoft, and she says its a waste of money, because everyone is switching to paintball, and leaving airsoft.

No offense, but does she play either? I'd guess not. Reverse that so it reads...

"everyone is switching to airsoft, and leaving paintball"

and you'd be MUCH closer to the mark...

I have a few friends that will still play, and there's always that playing field here in WA. So, I got and ics mp5, and if I get it repaired, a g18c. I want another aeg, or maybe a sniper for longer ranges. WHat ddo you guys think?

You can never have too many! My cousin spends thousands on his mountain bike - he likes it, I couldn't be less bothered. Same applies here - if you enjoy airsoft, then spend money on it if you want. No-one else can dictate to you what your interests and hobbies are!

spend however much you feel comfortable. if you like it, great. one thing i highly recommend is creating a spreadsheet of all the money you spend on airsoft. That way, you can keep track of your spendng and put it in check if necessary. I have mine set up so I can see how much i've spent on accessories, consumables, gear, guns, gameplay, etc. in a bar graph or pie chart. very handy indeed.

spend however much you feel comfortable.  if you like it, great.  one thing i highly recommend is creating a spreadsheet of all the money you spend on airsoft.  That way, you can keep track of your spendng and put it in check if necessary.  I have mine set up so I can see how much i've spent on accessories, consumables, gear, guns, gameplay, etc. in a bar graph or pie chart.  very handy indeed.

Wow, thats a great idea, do you mind if I use it? :D

Ah, well, that 14 years old thing is a doozie man. How do you even have the money to invest in airsoft at 14? Geeze, when I was 14 I had to save up my weekly $10.00 to buy video games.

But airsoft, jebus...my 1.5K in purchases tells me its a little expensive.

And there is pretty much nothing we can do concerning your mother. If anything, go do some research on airsoft and try and get her to understand why the game is so well loved.

And why airsoft is better than paintball :D

Due to the economy I haven't been able to indulge my Flecktarn habit... since February... :( It's been difficult, but I've been managing *breaks down and cries*

Right now my airsoft to do list includes:

TM G36c (preferably used)

A set of TT load-bearing equipment

And if I make enough money over the summer....

211 GBP worth of Flecktarn gear :D (yes, I have a Flecktarn fetish :D )

but due to the exchange rate and lack of funds, I'm putting that one on the back burner for now

on the contrary, i find many more people are switching from paintball to airsoft.

Paintball is becoming too trendy and losing its roots as a battle simulation. for instance wearing brightly colored jerseys and carrying bright anadized and chrome guns. too many punk kids not admitting to being hit. Not to mention its ridiculously expensive.

airsoft is for people who are more into simulating actual combat.

right amount? too damn much. luckily, i don't actually spend too much on airsoft. i make most of what i spend back in sales and trades. so far the only things i've spent money on that i haven't gotten back are my G36, M9, and G18 (soon to have another!).personally, i'd say that a rifle or other longarm and a sidearm is the good ammount to have. and lots of mags.

I have spent my fair share on airsoft this year (way more than should have) and still haven't finished my kit yet. And I am 14 also and I had to sell a lot of paintball stuff to get to my current status (thats right I am a paintball convert to). So if you need something else for your gear (in the eternal words of my pops) "get a J-O-B and thats the end of it" LOL.

Archived