What is the right amount of airsoft guns?

Butter18c

Whatever you do, dont buy on impulse. Make sure what you are buying is what you want. I bought an All Arms assault vest that the real british army uses for £130, then my friend got the replica version from web-tex for £40. The difference is clear, but i don't need the real thing for airsoft. Money not well spent, now i can't even sell the thing :(

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if there is a correct amount of guns, you will realise............ probably after you have just spent a vast amount of hard earned cash on something new.

once you have brought one gun then you will want more....and more......and it never stops!

perosnally i dont think you can ever have too many guns or too much tac gear.

The question would be more appropriate if you said...."How many airsoft guns should you have if you're 14 and you're Mom doesn't want you to have any more...."

At 32, single with a good job, 8 years in the game, 12 AEG's, 7 GBB's, 5 Maruzen shotguns, 4 BlackHawk vests, 10 radios, mags & batteries & gear to outfit my own army....there is nothing but impulse now. I buy whatever I can afford outside of bills and life essentials and don't give it a second thought. I buy stuff....just because it's a good deal for crying out loud.

When you're young and on a budget....you definitely have constraints. Make sure you have a good kit first....then start broadening into more guns.

Just my view....

Though I hate to say it, A decent M4 probably is all you need. I own an SG1, MP5, P90 as well as an ICS M4 and I gotta say that the M4 can probably do the same job as all the others.

I try to buy deliberately different guns, though.

The SG1 is a big gun, the P90 is a little gun. The MP5 was bought as a sensible gun and the M4 was bought cos I was bored with the MP5. ;)

Seriously, they all have their own roles and no single one is superior to the others at everything.

For pistols, I own a KWA G19 and a TM Mk23. Between then they do everything a pistol needs to do.

My future purchases will probably be "project" guns rather than practical ones. I want to build a superb pistol and I also want an SA80 of some description, at some point. I'm also considering building an F2000 out of a cheap P90. Projects like these are what eats up the cash rather than a simple AEG and kit for skirmishing.

While I dearly love my AK, it doesn't go good with all my German gear, so I'm thinking a G36c is in the works because I can't stand MP5 mags... but the TT gear will probably take precedence (especially if I end up in AL this summer)...

Then it's onward to try and satisfy the insatiable appetite for more Flecktarn with a "giant" order from the UK :D

Anyways, airsoft is nothing more than a money sinkhole, I never really spent extra money until I found airsoft, and now it's all gone.... BBs, gas, Flecktarn, guns, gear.... All gone....

But I'm happy, so that's all that counts :D

(I'll be even happier if I can pull off that order though :D )

Whatever you do, dont buy on impulse. Make sure what you are buying is what you want. I bought an All Arms assault vest that the real british army uses for £130, then my friend got the replica version from web-tex for £40.

You mean that there are people that don't buy on impulse? :o

Incidentally, that's a good price on the Web-Tex S2000 vest.. won't hold together as well, will glow in IR, and is bloody good value. (Well, I would say that - I have one.. currently getting around to do a dump pouch mod. Probably not in time for the next skirmish, though <_< )

There is no such thing as too many airsoft guns. What there is, is how much are you willing to spend and do to keep all of your equipment in working order. You will have to keep up with gas, battery charging, and maintenance. Over a short period of time this can get annoying unless you have way too much time on your hands. However if you are going to have a decent size collection you should aim for variety. Rather than getting two armalites get one P90 and one AR-15 style rifle. Some people like one gun sooo much that they buy multiple copies, but if a large collection is your priority you should want some variety. Also get some GBBs and sniper rifles etc. to compliment your armoury. Cheers,

-EnZo-

If its a right amount for a game I would say a main AEG with a backup AEG incase of jams with one GBB side arm.

As there are so many new guns out one will never be happy with his current stock of guns. When I first started I just brought whatever I liked as I knew nothing and went crazy. however, after all these years shopping has slowed down due to other hobbies.

Currently just have below:

SR-16 with mod gearbox

Full metal MP5A5 fully mod.

P90 extended barrel with mods.

SV4.3"

P99

Looking to sell the P90 to get either a sniper rifle or a modified M4A1 or wait a few more weeks for the M4 S-system.

Cheers

J

LHH got it :)

Yep, Iomega, FAMAS is WRONG, should be an F1 :)

Cheers.

Looking to sell the P90 to get either a sniper rifle or a modified M4A1 or wait a few more weeks for the M4 S-system.

J

one of my buddies has an M4A1 and its a dream... even if the M$-S was all ready out the TM M4A1 wouls still be my only choice... well thats my bit of advice for the day...

The M4A1 is nice but I brought my SR16 over that before. Same gun except the stock and handle but I like using big batteries.

The new S-system is basically the same gun as the M4A1 but the barrel wobble is gone with the new rail. prices yet to be confirmed in HK but expect around HKD2,300 or so. If its around that I will most likely wait till it drops then get it over the M4A1 just to remove the barrel wobble issue. Metal bodies are a fix but they are not cheap.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Cheers

J

one of my buddies has an M4A1 and its a dream... even if the M$-S was all ready out the TM M4A1 wouls still be my only choice... well thats my bit of advice for the day...

I definitely like the M4 and if all airsoft guns were perfect with no quality control issues i would buy one. But i preferred a bullpup at the time so i went for the FAMAS more accuracy (if you really care) and feels very natural to me

looks for news story about person recently dying from heart failure or something in a paintball game*

I remember an article god knows how long ago about a guy who was shot in the back of the head from two metres odd away "bunkering" or "mugging" shot or whatever in the back of the head and died of a haemorphagge in the head :unsure:

I'm going to fly completely off topic here...

How come there are guys who joined the forum 3 months later than me, who have a higher member rating??? Is it to do with the number of posts or what?

Oh, and on the subject of airfort guns, it's my personal ambition to own all of them :)

Archived