Armalite Pictures

hmm wow I wish I had mine set up that way but I went ahead and bought a stupid $75 CA crane stock!!! >< A really nice paintjob would give your rifle a bad *albatross* look even though it's already just right. It's up to you. It's really sweet though.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want a crane stock to fit a battery, i mean its a real VLTOR, the PEQ box is ok, but would much rather have the RIS space up front.

Whats wrong with having the battery in a crane stock?

no it's great because it balances my gun perfectly like litterly since it's all metal with RIS and stuff and the battery just weighs it down in the back. But the CA's creek after a while and don't have a rubber butt pad available and I just started not really liking the fact that it's flat at the back like a CAR stock. I like the slant of the VLTOR and having the cheek rest too. I should have gotten a G&P LMT stock.

Whatever though I'm so use to my LMT style crane stock, helps me with real fast targeting. Is there a way you can modify your VLTOR to git a 9.6 1900 nimh in there? Plus your gun must be really front heavy huh? but whatever your a marine so you can take it.

I dunno why I keep saying LMT style. It technically is but it's way fatter compared to the real version or the.....ugh I wanna say prime crane stock but im not sure. Anyway I wish now I had a prime(i think that's the one that has the exact shape of a real crane stock but holds smaller batteries) so I can really replicate my SEAL M4 carbine.

Actually, i orignally had the G&P PEQ2 box, and it was huge, and very front heavy. I sold it and bought hte Hero Arms PEQ2 box, which you can take the battery out, and the max size you can fit in there is a 9.6v 1400 mah, which is pretty small and light. Now with my Hero Arms box and my 9.6v 1400 mah in therre its actually pretty light up front, the VLTOR balances out the rear cause its heavier than the stock...stock lol.

And staticzero on these boards was working on modifying the stock to fit a battery in it. Hopefully he figured something out, i never kept up with his progress. But i dont know if i want to hack up a 99 dollar stock ya know.

Edited by Milla
armalite216vq.jpg

armalite202lm.jpg

Little Patriotic for the 4th of July weekend  :P

I love that first picture a lot, but something about that second one that makes it look boring and plain I don't know why lol. Maybe you should get some krlyon ultra flat OD green camo paint and spray the RIS pannels. That's what mine looks like (except mine came OD) and it made everything look more eye appealing. I dunno just my opinion though. My hat comes off to you though for serving our country.

BTW: what sling is that? how much was it? do they come in OD too?

And good luck trying to find out if the mod for the real VLTOR to fit batteries is an easy and not so damaging....whatever you know what I mean. But for now your rifle is perfectly set up for every type of scenioro (airsoft wise).

finally got around to installing the G&G slingpoint and rail gasblock i got a while ago :)

IM000336sm.JPG

getting there, only need to get a Bushmaster metal body(maybe the blackwater one)and some sights (borrowed these of another one) and shes finished.

IM000337sm.JPG

IM000345sm.JPG

G&G sling Point

IM000346sm.JPG

IM000344sm.JPG

Next to her big sister :P , once i get a crane stock for the SR16M4, the one on the right will get the leftover OD parts.

Sturgis: nice. That's the Nitro.Vo gas block right? I was thinking about getting one of those for my M15 CQB back in the day.

How well does that gas block stabilize RAS handguard, and is there a screw hole in the gas block for the front handguard ring/cap? I was told it only uses a set screw on the side.

Edited by davedawg123
Sturgis: nice. That's the Nitro.Vo gas block right? I was thinking about getting one of those for my M15 CQB back in the day.

How well does that gas block stabilize RAS handguard, and is there a screw hole in the gas block for the front handguard ring/cap? I was told it only uses a set screw on the side.

dunno mate, i got it off the forums here as an unknown brand...

I really like how it's designed, it has a little pin sticking out on the bottom to fit the hole in the ring, and has a screw hole on top. Fit was perfect ! did not expect that tbh..

it even has the grub screw on the underside to firmly screw it onto the outerbarrel.

tbh, i never had a problem with the stability of the TM RIS over the years i've had it, and it has been modded alot.

edit: the rail is one solid block

Edited by sturgis
Looks like a Specter MOUT single point sling.

You are correct, i also got a G&G butt plate sling attachment (like sturgis). Sling itself cost 21 dollars. (YYes it comes in OD) And no i dont want to paint my RIS covers OD :( I dont like the multi look much unless the stock is that color too. And if i did do it, it would be Coyote brown ;)

I must say single point slings are much better/ easier than 3 point.

You are correct, i also got a G&G butt plate sling attachment (like sturgis). Sling itself cost 21 dollars. (YYes it comes in OD) And no i dont want to paint my RIS covers OD  :(  I dont like the multi look much unless the stock is that color too. And if i did do it, it would be Coyote brown  ;)

I must say single point slings are much better/ easier than 3 point.

I agree. No tangles or catching-on-to-gear issues. All I need in a sling (for most cases) is just to prevent it from dropping and give the arms a bit of rest once in a while. I've got the TT Quick Release single pt. sling myself and it has served very well.