Armalite Pictures

Souske, can you show us exactly how you made the homemade PEQ II cuz it looks sweet. Second, from a purely cosmetic standpoint the taped togethermags kind of defeat the otherwise very SOPMODish look. Mostly terrorists and indigenous fighters do that. Personally i think you should magpul them  ;) Otherwise the gun looks really nice specially cuz of all the custom parts.

Thanks! The process of making the PEQII was pretty straightforth, I gutted a deodorant box, and used parts from a cheap WELL PEQIV lightbox.

As for the taped mag, it makes reloading easier, as those 2 mags are my lower capacity (mid and lo-cap) magazines. My hicap magazine stays a standalone unit. Also, you should check out a few of the SEAL pics from mp.net, as there are a few operators who tape their mags together in this fashion to facilitate reloading time. I also saw this techinique from another operator on a Discovery Channel documentary I saw years ago.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you certainly get kudos from me for the ingenuity in all that.

im especially impressed by the 203, if i had any cash to spare i would certainly attempt the same thing. PEQ looks sharp as well, although i would put the aimpoint back on, gives you the dead on sopmod kit :)

+1 is definitely deserved

This is the most recent picture of my Armalite. Sorry for all the other gear, but this is the best I could do.

CurrentGear6-26-06.jpg

Pictured:

Classic Army M15A4 Rifle

Custom Forgrip and mag "clamp" (electric tape and styrofoam from a springer pistol box :) )

UHC M9 Two Tone springer

HFC USP springer broken

Cybergun Sig 552 springer

UTG Crossdraw Vest currently awaiting small renovation

Here's a couple of pictures of my mates new M4 he's built....

All custom work done by himself will get more info on what he's done when he sends me some better pictures :)

I know he's going to be putting a BUIS and flip up front and either a AP replica or an ACOC replica on there and a different stock but thats all i know so far :)

M4SD-HC3.jpg

M4SD-HC2.jpg

Tah *AL* aka Lofty

My newly configured [budget] primary weapon.

M4MRE_001.jpg

M4MRE_002.jpg

M4MRE_003.jpg

M4MRE_004.jpg

(yes, the exposed wires are fugly)

Here's the list:

- CA M15A4 RIS base

- SP100 spring, Systema piston head, Systema metal hopup, Systema tightbore barrel

- KA MRE Set

- 4x G&P Thermold Midcaps

- G&P AN/PEQ 9.6v 3300mah

- RS verticap grip

- 2x OD, 3x Black RIS panels

- Riser Mount

- Guarder ACOG replica

- CA One Touch QD silencer

- TT Quick Release single pt. sling

- ACE flashlight w/ leapers scope ring

--edit-- I just added it all up...costed me around ~$430 total.

Edited by systema

that looks so front heavy, I don't even wanna try using it during games lol. It looks awesome though i think it would look more clean with out so many rail covers. Lol I have that flashlight also, it's a piece of ######-bright, but doesnt last long at all don't you think? i've used it on my M4 too don't worry. One more thing, Why don't you have the ACOG mounted directly to your reciever rail?

Alright, another short series of quick pictures, this time with my fabricated "Gemtech" style long suppressor (actually works). With this thing on, the total length of this SOPMOD is close to that of a M16, which may be cumbersome for CQB areas. I primarly use this long precision suppressor on longer distance engagements.

frontanglesidefullresized2io.jpg

rearanglesidefullresized0zb.jpg

sideprofilefullresized4kt.jpg

My newly configured [budget] primary weapon.

(yes, the exposed wires are fugly)

Here's the list:

- CA M15A4 RIS base

- SP100 spring, Systema piston head, Systema metal hopup, Systema tightbore barrel

- KA MRE Set

- 4x G&P Thermold Midcaps

- G&P AN/PEQ 9.6v 3300mah

- RS verticap grip

- 2x OD, 3x Black RIS panels

- Riser Mount

- Guarder ACOG replica

- CA One Touch QD silencer

- TT Quick Release single pt. sling

- ACE flashlight w/ leapers scope ring

--edit-- I just added it all up...costed me around ~$430 total.

ohh, I can't decide if I like it or not :S

It just looks too long and front heavy, but on the other hand it looks the heat.

How'd it only cost you $430

that looks so front heavy, I don't even wanna try using it during games lol.  It looks awesome though i think it would look more clean with out so many rail covers.  Lol I have that flashlight also, it's a piece of ######-bright, but doesnt last long at all don't you think? i've used it on my M4 too don't worry.  One more thing, Why don't you have the ACOG mounted directly to your reciever rail?

Oh indeed. I crave a (G&P) crane stock so badly, since my feeble arms are...well, feeble. Although it's not as bad as it sounds, it is quite front heavy even compared to most ARs. To be honest though, it's not that much worse compared to my old configuration, with the CA RIS unit.

About the rail and rail covers, the colors all screwed up, I know. the MRE unit is painted Tan, and I have OD and Black panels. I don't mind as much because it does go well with my woodland gear. And I agree to the opinion that taking them off would make it look more clean, but I actually use them, and grip the gun area directly in front of the vertical grip sometimes to change it around.

The flashlight was free from Ace Hardware on Black Friday, and I'm assuming that's where you got yours too. :) It's not bright enough for outside, but for room clearing and such, it helps *a bit,* of course it's poo compared to the M3 on my G26adv.

As for the ACOG, I like it mounted a bit higher firstly because the PEQ almost gets in the way, and when wearing my goggles (ESS Flgiht Deck), it's difficult to rest my cheek on the stock that low. Lastly, when and if I put on my MSA1000 respirator/gas mask, it has be to that high or else I simply couldn't even tilt my head that low to look through it. The mask would obstruct me from bending my head down to that extent, and disallow me to align my eyesight with the reticle inside.

ohh, I can't decide if I like it or not :S

It just looks too long and front heavy, but on the other hand it looks the heat.

How'd it only cost you $430

Thanks, and honestly, it'd probably look better without the RIS panels, but they do get some use out of them, so I won't sacrafice beauty for functionality in this case (well...this is a pictures thread). The base gun is the same length as an M4 with the same silencer, that's what really drew me into getting the KA MRE set.

Anyways, I'll get some pics soon of it without the silencer and the panels. It uses the same barrel set as my carbine, and I'll post up a comparison pic soon.

The Rail covers made me think it was a lot longer than in reality it was. How's the TT Sling? Maybe you should get those G&P rail covers, the ones that fit right into the spaces on the MRE?

Edited by Crandall

Yeah *COUGH* your welcome, Keyser.

Yeah one day I hope to get my hands on a real ACOG TA31F, Aimpoint 3x, EOTech 511/552, Leupold Mk4, J-Point Reflex, Hendsoldt Dual Optic, and C-More scope. One of these days it'll happen. ;)

I can keep dreaming...