KSC 1911 Due in a week!

Guinness

Rec,

I'm not really interested in getting into a long debate on this, but understand that I only used the Redwolf link because it had the best pictures- All the other retailers say and show the same thing. (that the Taiwan version has the trades including the grip trademarks you mentioned initially) While Redwolf may have in fact used the Japanese version for the pictures- personally I doubt it because they have a close-up of the serial plate- and it looks exactly like the Taiwan version that I own- meaning the difference is that there is no serial number on the metal plate, even though that number on the Japanese version is the same number on all of the guns, the number on the slide- the 'unique' serial number gets imprinted on the right side above the grip. As well, the trademarks on my Taiwan version are exactly like the trademarks on my Japanese version. So unless they have discontinued making them the way mine are made, which I guess could be the case. This isn't to be confused wit the version that is out there that includes a metal slide- that one done not have the trademarks.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviewpost/...t/myprod/page/1

Check out my review of the Japanese version- you will see pics that show what I am talking about with the serial numbers- look at my pics, then go back to the Redwolf link I gave- you will see the difference :D

-G

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hm, I showed some of my markings in the HK-pic thread and someone said, that they're missing some of mine (incl. the one on the shell ejector side grip, that says "H&K GMBH") on their KWA (Taiwan) version. Which serial number do you have, then? :D

• 4 weeks later...
Who is "J-Armory"?

That's the exact same thing I asked the guys working in the Ikebukuro ANGS shop when I saw these 1911s there. Apperantly, it's a new Japanese manufacturer who just entered the market here. The Tokyo shops here are describing them as being an "inexpensive WA."

So, I decided to be a guinea pig, and picked up one of the J-Armory's Mil-Spec 1911s for a meer 11,500 Yen (somewhere around $100 or 60-70 Pounds).

I'll put up a reader review some time in the next few days - once I've had time to snap a couple quick pictures, run a few mags through it, and write up a quick summary.

Wow. Almost a month since it's release, and not so much info on it. I guess the KSC wasn't quite so popular?

I played around with one of the KSC 1911s at Echigoya the other day... It looked nice, shot well, and had an impressive amount of recoil for a GBB - but, the controls were very "sloppy". One thing that drove me nuts was that the safety didn't "click" into position, it just would slide in and out of safe without any resistance - absolutley zero tactile or audible indication that you had activated or deactivated the safety. That's damned unsafe! (Not to mention, detracts from the realism).

Also, while KSC makes a great GBB, so does Marui... And with Marui's GBB 1911 coming out next week, that may be part of the reason KSC's launch has been somewhat low-key thus far. With two of the big-name companies realeasing almost identical pistols within a month of each other, I think a lot of people are just sitting back and waiting to see which one is really the better pistol, before committing to a purchase.

Wow. Almost a month since it's release, and not so much info on it. I guess the KSC wasn't quite so popular?

the other things is those that are already able to purchase them, ie members here in Japan fall into one of two catergories.

1/. Already own a 1911 variant and have customised it to the max and have no need for another.

2/. Can't stand them andwon't buy one regardless of maker or brand.

Archived