GCSE's

letterbomb

A few weeks till A2s yet. I am sitting them at the moment and am in the very nice position of sitting 4 exams 3 of which I enjoy writing. Beacause of this I don't get stressed at all. Its not really possible at GCSE because you are forced to do subjects. But at A levels you can actualy enjoy writing exams. (especialy General studies, just pick the question who's topic you are most enthusiastic about and spout opinionated rubbish for 2 hours).

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've done my GCSEs, did pretty well too. Just relax about it, go over the finer points of the subjects. Remember key points and key words. Find key words in the exam questions of essay subjects (such as History), and re-use them in your answer as this will show linkin back to the original question. Again for essay subjects, remember to answer the question. A large proportion of candidates forget to answer the question and lose out on marks.

Now all I need to do is remember to do that in my AS exams... <_<

edited for Gazchap and his grammar fetish :P

I don't have to do my gcse's until next year, but this year we done a pshe one as a test because it was the first time the school had done that subject. we ended up being given the wrong exam paper, instead of getting the gcse one we got the one for special needs children. to bad we didn't realize until afterwards. 1 hour of my life wasted.

Actually, can I just point out that it should be "GCSEs" not "GCSE's"?

I know it's a bit "Grammar Nazi" but given the subject matter of the thread I think it's important if you guys want to pass your English Language exams :P

Actually, can I just point out that it should be "GCSEs" not "GCSE's"?

I know it's a bit "Grammar Nazi" but given the subject matter of the thread I think it's important if you guys want to pass your English Language exams :P

You beat me to it by about a minute, you OI! you know better than to try getting round the word filter, havoc. Don't do it again, or I'll shake my fist at you! :P

He should especially know that since his mum is head of English at a school :P

I dont know about you guys, but i found the GCSE's alot easyer than i was lead to believe by teachers. I suppose thats better than the opposite though.

Im currently doing my AS exams, not doing them well might i add. Had maths today, and im pretty sure i failed it :( , although the biggy comes on wednesday....STATISTICS!

Just chill throught the GCSEs, they arent as hard as you will be expecting. Now when you get to college, thats the time to ###### yourself pre exams, but then again, if you have 15 quid handy you can always re sit next time!

Edit:woops GSCEs lol

Im currently doing my AS exams, not doing them well might i add. Had maths today, and im pretty sure i failed it :( , although the biggy comes on wednesday....STATISTICS!

Seriously?

My Stats is on Wednesday (piece of p*ss) but the harder Core modules come on the 6th June!

I'm resitting Core 1 after getting...errr...49 out of 100. Oops.

Seriously?

My Stats is on Wednesday (piece of p*ss) but the harder Core modules come on the 6th June!

I'm resitting Core 1 after getting...errr...49 out of 100. Oops.

I resat core 1 today also, its not hard, provided you are getting the same exam as me

O and make sure you learn circle theorems arggh

Don't believe his lies. Only one poem is about masturbation. The rest are about sticking your penis in the ground and making love to nature. "Putting in the Seed" apparently.

I think they must have printed mine wrongly then.

Here is a scan of the contents page-

148883146.jpg

ok, so yeah, ok

but is that or is that not yr very own drawing Captain Lie-man

DON'T make me scan any other hard evidence. We all know this forum is for little 12 yr old babies. Some of that stuff is obscene to the max. (Poor oven bird :()

OK OK, fine, they're not all about jacking.

But can you say that you have done better annotation than this for 'Two Tramps in Mud Time'?

148887655.jpg

I sat the first of a nice run of 16 exams for my AS/a2

Resit of core 1 to raise a B to A.

I counted up the marks I knew I have gotten at the end, 92% confirmed (69/75) :D

And those anthologies are great, my gcse one was ######, I rubbed out all my stuff before the exam cos my mates said you cant have writings in it :dry:

squarepusher wins that round ;)

Last year we were given 2 copies of Romeo & Juliet. One to write in, one to keep clean (no idea why).

Ah, the memory of burning it once we'd finished with the notes, out of sheer frustration.

Of course, I burnt the annotated one...right before I needed it for some coursework.

Balls.

Did my GCSES last year and yea i worried like mad, doing A levels now, got exams this week (? i think) but decided not to worry, and take the lazy approach...afterall, i can resit them if i REALLY wanted to. But if im bothered on revising ill do cramming, depends if your one of those people who enjoy going home in studying to make you feel reassured, or cramming it. cramming ftw in my books ^^

Archived