ATTN:EVERYONE PLANNING TO BUY AIRSOFT FROM OVERSEA

warhead56k

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're assuming that Customs got off their collective a__ long enough to warn RWA. Odds are that they didn't.

So, US federal law states that any imported replica needs to have an orange muzzle, and customs are supposed to "warn" redwolf of this fact. I have never once been told by customs that it is illegal to import heroin, perhaps a magistrate would see it as a failure of customs officials to teach me right and wrong and let me off of the drug charges that are sure to follow. Thank you so much for pointing this out Jagdraben you may just have saved me a lengthy jail sentence... or you may have made absolutely no bloody sense at all.

As for geting tough on parking offenders, the sooner the Strathclyde police are issued with there Lawgivers for use in the Linwod Asda car park the better.

If one finds a law immoral, it's ones right to ignore it?

What kind of defunct logic is that?

If I'm a murderer, and I personally find that 'to kill someone, is illegal', it's all of a sudden... alright to go out in the street and shoot someone? I'm sorry bro, but that just doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Adams. I love the camouflage on the guys helmet in your signature. It totally hides the 50 tonnes of steel belching out fumes and noise that he's sitting in. :lol:

Ha, yeah I can see what you mean. I'll have a word with him next time I see him and tell him. I personally think that it looks like a plant is growing out of his head.

So, US federal law states that any imported replica needs to have an orange muzzle, and customs are supposed to "warn" redwolf of this fact. I have never once been told by customs that it is illegal to import heroin, perhaps a magistrate would see it as a failure of customs officials to teach me right and wrong and let me off of the drug charges that are sure to follow. Thank you so much for pointing this out Jagdraben you may just have saved me a lengthy jail sentence... or you may have made absolutely no bloody sense at all.

As for geting tough on parking offenders, the sooner the Strathclyde police are issued with there Lawgivers  for use in the Linwod Asda car park the better.

Supposed to warn Redwolf of what?

That Redwolf is following the letter to the law?

The grounds for the seizure of RWA packages in the US by Customs is completely groundless. RWA follows the law and has for years. Like I said, this is just Customs waving its pathetically small d___ around. How many times do I have to say it?

Here's an idea: buy from a US shop and don't worry about this. I do sometimes buy from HK shops, but never for a complete gun. Buy those in country. And don't give me some nonsense about the prices, you shop around (and account for shipping costs) and you'll get the same or better price on nearly every complete gun made.

Upgrade or replacement parts, that's a different story. But since those don't ever get hassled...

Care to help enlighten me about these retailers that have "better prices" than HK dealers?

If one finds a law immoral, it's ones right to ignore it?

What kind of defunct logic is that?

If I'm a murderer, and I personally find that 'to kill someone, is illegal', it's all of a sudden... alright to go out in the street and shoot someone? I'm sorry bro, but that just doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Your comparing murdering people and saying it's right and comparing it to a toy gun?

Anyways I called redwolf last night they said that they are working on a alternate method of shipping, I asked them about the trademark issue and they said for the more risky trades they will continue to use putty because that appears to be a large reason customers order from them so it's good business. I asked them if it was illegal and they had said "well we guarantee your shipment" so looks like their resuming as normal.

Heres the response I received

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your message.  There is definitely no need to be concerned about this FEDEX situation since from our many years of experience, tightening of import requirements on airsoft occurs a couple months out of every year.  It's unlikely this phenomenom will last for an extended period of time.

The orange tip requirement (as we understand it) is a FEDERAL REQUIREMENT, which overrides even state law.  Even though Florida law does not mandate the use of an orange flash hider, a gun will not pass customs inspections (since customs complies with FEDERAL LAW).  That means that an airsoft gun destined for Florida will still need to have a blaze orange flash hider in order to make it across the border into the United States.  US law is quite complicated with FEDERAL and STATE laws sometimes contradict each other.  But in the end, it's FEDERAL law that over-rides state law.

Of course if orange tips are not required in Florida, then customers there can replace the original black tip after they get it into the state of florida.

Regarding the trademarks, we  pretty much have no choice but to cover them up using plastic strips super-glued over the trademarks for most states.  As an airsofter, I know this might sound disappointing since if I were a customer, I would want trades on my gun.  But clearly there is no room for skirting the law in airsoft so we'll need to cover them up if we hope that they will make it through customs unchallenged.  We will have to keep doing this until the situation "eases up".

Thanks Matt.

When did customs say they were destroying airsoftguns? Last time I checked, the person who actually talked with customs said that they are only stopping all shipments from Redwolf.

Besides, has it ever occured to you people to have a little patience? Redwolf is a company like any other, and like any other company they want to make money. They definatley do not want to lose the American consumers, as I am sure they make lots of money from us. Someone posted that customs gets around 20 shipments from Redwolf a day, which seems like a good chunck to me. This appears to primarily be a Redwolf problem, so let them fix it.

Care to help enlighten me about these retailers that have "better prices" than HK dealers?

Sure. Here's one example from my recent shopping:

Trinity Airsoft in Virginia, MP5k PDW, $170: http://www.trinityairsoft.com/ps-50-18-tok...irsoft-gun.aspx

Red Wolf Airsoft, Hong Kong, MP5k PDW, $188: http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/prod...jsp?prodID=8935

You need to do more shopping, because there's a lot more dealers in the US than there are in Hong Kong now. Small shops like Kastway, Precision Airsoft, Trinity Airsoft... Don't just check AEX, Airsoft Atlanta and Evike and be done. Those places all have brick-and-mortar storefronts, which drives prices up.

Cobra Airsoft has Marui M14's for $318: http://www.cobraairsoft.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=2055

WGC shop sells the Marui M14 for $318 as well. Bit of a difference in shipping though, I'd bet.

See my point?

Cobra Airsoft has Marui M14's for $318: http://www.cobraairsoft.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=2055

WGC shop sells the Marui M14 for $318 as well. Bit of a difference in shipping though, I'd bet.

See my point?

I'm guessing you'll have to modify that theory. I believe that Cobra is also based in Hong Kong. This is also based on their address which states Hong Kong.

Your point is a valid one though.

Hannibal

edit: Trinity is not cheaper. I clicked the link, it's $190 now for the PDW.

When did customs say they were destroying airsoftguns? Last time I checked, the person who actually talked with customs said that they are only stopping all shipments from Redwolf.

Besides, has it ever occured to you people to have a little patience? Redwolf is a company like any other, and like any other company they want to make money. They definatley do not want to lose the American consumers, as I am sure they make lots of money from us. Someone posted that customs gets around 20 shipments from Redwolf a day, which seems like a good chunck to me. This appears to primarily be a Redwolf problem, so let them fix it.

That is correct customs stated that they receive at least 20 packages a day in Oakland from RedWolf just through FedEx, thats not even counting the other shippers.

They are not destroying guns on site. They are refusing them entry and shipping them back. HOWEVER if the gun meets certain criteria, it is seized, taken to the downtown office, and thoroughly inspected, then it is my understanding that if it passes it is returned to shipper, and if not it is destroyed. My M14 was one of the ones that met the criteria and was taken downtown. I am waiting for a letter from Customs to see the fate of my gun.

There is another great response from RedWolf in my other topic which might clear up a lot of these arguments, if you haven't read it yet please do. Clicky

Thanks

Mike

Well I personally believe that eating babies shouldn't be illegal, I mean, c'mon, they're just so delicious! And I don't care about babies; I don't personally find it immoral to eat them. So screw the law!

Thanks to you, Jagblagmagstag, I will now gourge myself.

Yum yum, anyone want some?

Seriously, man, grow a brain. You could use it for things like thinking and common sense. :)

Hey, if anybody else wants to negative rep me for a comment like that, I would be honored.

Jagblahblahmagerlag, you are promoting illegal activity. You state that it is okay to ignore laws that you find immoral. I'm sorry, but anyone who says "If a law is stupid, I will not abide by it" deserves a demeaning comment about their lack of a brain, and a hilarious comment about eating babies.

The best part about it, is that you again compared a simple rule that US Customs has regarding trademarked airsoft guns and a permenant orange tip to slavery in the US. Wow, dude. Wow.

You know, illegalizing drugs is immoral to me, I believe people should be able to do what they want with their own bodies. So I should have the right to ignore such a law and not pay the consequences?

I'm guessing you'll have to modify that theory.  I believe that Cobra is also based in Hong Kong.  This is also based on their address which states Hong Kong. 

Bwahahaha! Self-pwnt! Nica catch there.

But I think my point is still valid. If you're buying a complete gun, the difference in shipping costs means that you can get the same (+-$10) deal from a US retailer and avoid the customs problem entirely. You just have to know where to look.

Bwahahaha! Self-pwnt! Nica catch there.

But I think my point is still valid. If you're buying a complete gun, the difference in shipping costs means that you can get the same (+-$10) deal from a US retailer and avoid the customs problem entirely. You just have to know where to look.

lol...no problem! :P

I do agree that you have a point. I have focused my wants on US dealers recently because my last shipment from HK did get hit for a fee. It was only $37, but I can use that just as much as whoever got that money.

I have done many hassle free dealings with HK. I have just as many with the US. In the end, I just want my stuff!

Hannibal

Hey, if anybody else wants to negative rep me for a comment like that, I would be honored.

Jagblahblahmagerlag, you are promoting illegal activity. You state that it is okay to ignore laws that you find immoral. I'm sorry, but anyone who says "If a law is stupid, I will not abide by it" deserves a demeaning comment about their lack of a brain, and a hilarious comment about eating babies.

So have you written an essay about how Franklin, Jefferson, Adams, and Washington were brainless complete with hilarious comment about eating babies?

Or maybe about how Jesus was brainless? Mohammad? Emerson? Martin Luther King, Jr? Martin Luther? Ghandi? Malcolm X? Confucius? Socrates?

If you haven't, perhaps you should. You know, to show that you actually mean what you say and you're not just saying it because you don't have any rational argument.

Archived