Most surreal airsoft moments

Lance Jackass

Town Assault II, Copehill Down Village, May this year.

Around 01:30, pitch black (when there were no flares up) I'm on my own (My mate, my son and his friend had all cried enough at about 1am...event started 1pm the previous day!) found an empty garage (no door) and just sat at the back with my MP7 in one hand and maglite in the other.

I was on the rebel team, and we didn't find out 'til the end of the event (midday) that we'd lost most of our side's players to bed/home. I could hear people moving about across the street and knew they were the coalition team (enemy). Every now and then a flare would go up somewhere on site and give a faint illumination to our area. I could see approx 12-15 guys lined up alongside the barn building next to our headquarters, but only for the few seconds the flare was up.

If I'd had my M14 I could have got most of them before they realised where I was but I wasn't sure if my MP7 had the range and ROF to do it. (this was before I'd made my external battery mod)

So, I just sat there, staring out into the black, I swear I could hear my heartbeat :ph34r: when there was no other sound. After about 20 minutes, someone walked into the doorway, I could make just out their faint silouette but couldn't tell if they had green camo (Coalition) or Desert/black (Rebel).

They stood still for a couple of seconds, then as they started to move I flicked on my torch, which I was holding up alongside my gun (in my now trembling hands, I don't remember breathing at all :wide-eyed: ) and saw green. A quick 3 or 4 round burst caught him right in his chest, to which he replied "B##locks!" then laughed :D He said he was staring as hard as he could, right at me but could see nothing.

We stood and chatted (whispering) for a minute before he decided a medic wasn't likely to find him, so he started back for his HQ. I turned round, only to have the cold barrel of a pistol pressed against my forhead, and the word "bang" came out of the darkness, D'oh! My turn to say "bo##locks"

The whole night ('til I too succumbed to exhaustion at around 3am), and a fair bit of the following morning, was pretty surreal. We were down to about 40 at the end, against approx 180 Coalition... :blink::D Fantastic experience though.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A grenade roles towards me in front of the whole team (including a marshal) , so i curl into a ball ready to take the hit. I can hear from in my little cocoon the fuse run down, i tense ready for the shower of bbs... an nothing... DUD GRENADE!!! my whole team start laughing and shouting insults at the other team! twas gr8

Being in a bunker hearing my team get masicard above and waiting for someone to pop round the door (as were my orders <_< ) only to be smoked out (gassed) and shot a few minutes later

The weirdest or atleast funniest thing that has happened me during airsoft game might be that my PMR caught some fisher dudes speaking. Almost rolled on the dirt when someone suddenly asks: "Hey! Where are you? What fish have you caught?". Well I had to reply to that: "Err I am at the local airsoft field. And caught what?". He replied of course: "Fish, any fish?" And I continued the conversation: "Sure I have caught three basses and one three meters long pike with red eyes!" And after that I heard only some mumbling and didn't receive any more "fishy sentences"...

Also another weird episode I've had was during night skirmish. I was guarding a post with my friend in a damn dark forest, so we only heard people walking all around and suddenly a PMR rings just few meters behind a rock which was behind me and my friend. When I realized that it was OpFors PMR I got in to a panic and rushed out of the site to a open field, where I saw a couple of guys with lights walking torwards me. Sure I opened fire, because I couldn't go back or forth. Opened fire just to get shot and realized that I had a helluva firefight with my own team members. Ohh the times of being new to the game...

In a casual game with my friends, I was about 30 feet away from one of my friends when he spotted me and opened fire with his HFC USP. I was on open ground (bad, I know), so I figured I might as well try putting my hands out towards the BBs that were flying towards me like Fortune in MGS2.

Maybe because the gun was inaccurate, or maybe because I'm magical, all 15 BBs in the magazine missed me because they curved off to one side or the other. Then, holding my spring pistol sideways with my arms still outstretched, I shot towards my friend and hit him in one shot.

One time at a game whilst we were playing a world war 2 spit fire flew over head several times... right over where we were playing and really low... it was amazing. At the same game there were helicopters landing and taking off from a place near by were a big event was taking place.

3v3

One teammate in front of me, watching the front. One teammate to my right watching the right flank. Me on the left watching the Left flank--we're all prone up on a hill.

I see a sniper waltzing out in the open, but he's out of range. Of course, we're in his range. He shoots, nails the guy in front. I duck. Thirty seconds later My other teammate gets it.

I know I'm fruitcaged if I stay put or run away, so I slide down the hill and charge the sniper. I take fire from my right flank, return fire from behind trees, switching back and forth between the sniper and my flank. I finally hit the sniper, then:

The guy who's shooting me from my right flank, has a gun malfunction, and calls himself out. Immediately after, the final guy's goggle lenses popped out and he calls out.

So I win by default...

I still would have gotten the other guy (with the jammed gun), but I didn't see the third guy, so he most likely would have gotten me.

One time I was hiding in a small room, and it was 4 team free for all. I was the only one left, so I decided to just hide out because I was a *beep* back then. Anyways, It was really dark, and I was tired, so I started to nod off. Just a little bit, like a lack of attention. All of a sudden some guy's aiming through the window about 20 feet away and yells surrender. I'm either supposed to say, hit, or say, prove it. If I say hit, I'm out. If I say prove it, I'm asking me to shoot me from that distance just to prove that the surrender counts. I was totally out of it and did nothing, standing motionless. About 5 seconds later HE yells 'prove it' and shoots me in the head a couple times. Now I know whats going on, and I call myself out.

I can't remember really why I didn't do or say anything.

watching automatic fire hit a body of water before me, each shot blowing up the surface of the water, in my direction.  Each mini explosion made me love airsoft more than life it's self at that moment.

-Sh0ty

I love that too.

One game I found myself and a few others walking down a shallow river in order to get some flanking action in, and quite suddenly the guy in front of me gets enveloped in water spray as the OPFOR's rear guard hoses him down in bbs.

Unfortunately for him, I followed the white line of plastic back to the bush he was hiding behind, and me, and the four people behind me, simultaneously full-auto-rape the hell out of it.

I'm sitting there walking way into enemy territory right. Apparently the Red tape on my sleeve hold been covered up as the sleeve came unrolled. So I'm walking along and I come to a clearing. I see the objective ahead of me and was getting ready to run to it. I look to 9 o'clock and see a Blue Team Sniper in the clearing. I was like Oh *beep*. Then he yells to me if I was headed back to the base. I just nodded headed to the objective and kept on going. As I headed on he noticed my Red arm band and went to open fire. Well, apparently one of my team followed me and opened up on the guy just as he was about to engage me. I grabbed the Flag and headed back too HQ.

:rofl: I just read my post "I'm sitting there walking" LOL

During my friend's first 1 v 1 skirmish a few days after he got his first AEG:

-I was lying prone with my CA M15 firing at him through a gap between the axel and back bumper of a boat trailer in his yard. I had a perfect shot at him, and his whole figure was in my sights. I fired off about 5 shots in semi-auto. None of them hit. He fired ONE SHOT with his CA AUG, and it hit me in the forehead. He was about 70 feet away, and later told me he wasn't even sure he was shooting at me.

-Same day; I was hiding in a shed that my friend uses to park his lawn mower, and I was standing on top of a table shooting through a 6 inch gap between the roof and the wall. I poked my head up every few seconds and popped off a few rounds. I was gonna pop up again and unload on him in fullauto, but as soon as I had stuck my face above the wall, I got it 3 or 4 times in the head.

-Same day again; My friend was hiding behind a large tree in his yard. I rounded the corner, and took a BB to the neck immediately.

-Same day; I was lying hidden (not very well) in a pile of brush. I was waiting for my friend to show himself when I heard the distant whine of an AEG motor. About 1 second later, I get hit in the face four times.

'twas a pretty embarassing event, considering I was supposed to be the more experienced airsofter (I introduced him to the sport)

I've decided to call it beginner's luck. :P

He won't be so lucky nexxt time :D

Well one time i was playing with my borther's ghetto *albatross* rigged MP5K. So we go charging into the town and im behind him, and he peaks around one corner to shoot, and gets it. So then i peak around the corner and see the dude who hit him. So i tell my freind to keep him supressed (because he was ajacent to me hiding behind another building) and while hes doing that i sneak around the other side and pop up outta nowhere, 3 shots and got him. It was really awesome cause it was like the first time i got someone and actually saw it. I was soo pumped after that.

Another time me and the same kid were going to attack this building that the enemy was suppose to be in. So we both start walking up really quietly and thats when my cellphone goes off (it was in my pants cause i just naturally leave it there, D'OH!), lol it was my mom and im like "hey mom, can i call you back, we're about to assault this place" and shes like "Ok, bye." Haha it was so random i was like wow.....

And on the subject of cellphones going off during airsoft games i remember when we were having a pistol match some dude with a shotgun gets a call and is like "Hey, im playin airsoft, can i call you back" and then like 6 seconds later hes like "....why not?"

Has to be when I was at Alpha 55 one time with my friend Lewis. We were both creeping around the pines area with sniper rifles when we heard movement on the other side of the bush we were lying in. I turned around to look and came face to face with a sheep.

The sheep ran off when it saw we were there so we followed it around the corner only to find a group of about 30 sheep standing half way up the hill. We chased them around for a bit and then they jumped off a mound over a fence. I never knew sheep could jump.

Has to be when I was at Alpha 55 one time with my friend Lewis. We were both creeping around the pines area with sniper rifles when we heard movement on the other side of the bush we were lying in. I turned around to look and came face to face with a sheep.

The sheep ran off when it saw we were there so we followed it around the corner only to find a group of about 30 sheep standing half way up the hill. We chased them around for a bit and then they jumped off a mound over a fence. I never knew sheep could jump.

^ Behold! You are indeed a mighty warrior! ;)

I have a couple...

Sitting near a tree next to a teammate, he hands me a mag to hold and load it while he shoots...I finish loading it 10 seconds later, look back, and see him lying on the ground dead...

Hmm, same game there was tree about 5 or 6 feet wide, and I just sprinted at this guy who wasnt facing at me, but when im about 15 feet away he sees me, and we run around the tree shooting at eachother, until he turned around, wrapped his arm around the tree and shot me in the leg.

I got shot in the mouth, swalled the BB, half an hour later I coughed it up lol...

National Guard came to one of our games with a humvee, and drove it up to an area on the field. Later on my entire team was bunkered in it and behind it shooting upwards accross a ravine at the other team. Then seeing my team leader sprint accross the ravine and throw a blank firing grenade into their bunker, and hearing 6 people call out lol...

Soo many more...haha

Another time me and the same kid were going to attack this building that the enemy was suppose to be in. So we both start walking up really quietly and thats when my cellphone goes off (it was in my pants cause i just naturally leave it there, D'OH!), lol it was my mom and im like "hey mom, can i call you back, we're about to assault this place" and shes like "Ok, bye." Haha it was so random i was like wow.....

I had that happen one game. I was behind some cover and from nowhere I hear "Play that Funky Music White boy" playing. I was in cover good so I figured what the hell. I answer the phone and I'm talking to my Dad. Three guys from the other team run over top the log I was behind. I rolled over to face them I shot all three with a single burst. Then I kept talking to my Dad.

Archived