No way in hell this will happen!

clmwrx

Try to resist the flamebaiters if you can. They can't help themselves, but you can. I know it's tempting, and Pootle* knows I'm tempted myself, but be strong my brothers and sisters!

*I don't believe in God, but I do believe in The Flumps.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and where's the point?

a right is something you stand and live for why should he be unresponsible by saying this?

I personally would also denfend myself agains those anti gun lobbyists.

Although I doubt that there would be anybody interested to disarm us.

then ask, who gave it to the Swiss?

look, have you ever shot a real firearm? If not, do it and then takl again with us. You'll maybe understand us a little better.

There is no effort on being against gun. The world won't be better afterwards you'll find other stuff to kill...

then ask, who gave it to the Swiss?

look, have you ever shot a real firearm? If not, do it and then takl again with us. You'll maybe understand us a little better.

There is no effort on being against gun. The world won't be better afterwards  you'll find other stuff to kill...

Hey, hold your hostility! It's just a question. I'm interested okay? When I want to know who gave Swiss citizens the right to bear arms I'll ask.

Oh, and yes I have, though how that's relevant I'm not sure. Do I have to have given birth to have an opinion on childcare?

The right to bear arms is at fault and obsolete now, I will not doubt that. But making it illegal to own a firearm will not do jack towards crime rates with the amount of weapons that are sold underground. Banning would just alienate most of the responsible gun owners. There's no win.

And this will never happen, the senate is way too red.

To all those people who think the USA are gun mad. There are approximately 200'000'000 firearms to 298'444'215 people where as Perch is from Switzerland which has a population of 7,523,934 and around 8'000'000 firearms.

I am by no means anti-gun. I think everyone should know how to shoot and every able bodied and competent person over the age of 18 should be required to own at least a bolt action rifle by law.

I do think that fully automatic weaponry should be the preserve of armed forces and law enforcement agencies and therefore outlawed for private citizens.

If you want to kill someone you dont need a gun to do it. Banning the manufacture of guns would make sense to those people who think if you take away the tools you'll take away the crime.

But this is not so how about you ban people who have children but cant teach then right from wrong now that would be sensible. But then again that means your taking away thier human right to have kids...

"Got to do that"

...Well, of course they could've done it too, just catch some people down in Iraq and rape them, but they didn't. That's the differnce.

And you had black slaves before Hitler started his circus. And the Indians. Oh, the Indians. By the time they were butchered, you were all proud to be American. Can't blame "us" for that.

And you had black slaves before we were even a nation. Hell, you had slaves before Lief Eriksson came here. And remember who it was that sold those slaves to us: Europeans, who had purchased them off of African slavers.

For the Indian question, I turn my eye to Spain. Who happily raped, enslaved, and practiced virtual genocide against the Amerindians... Centuries before their was an American nation. Before there was more than even one colony in what would become the United States (outside of the Spanish holdings).

And don't forget about the Opium War... Great Britain fighting to protect druglords' bottom lines from Chinese backlash against the damaging effects of opiates. And then there were the Zulu Wars. Only difference between those conflicts and the Indian Wars in the US were that Africans were being targetted, not Amerindians.

Atrocities are a European tradition pre-dating all modern nation: Just look at Roman monuments, which depict Roman soldiers murdering and raping non-combatants left and right. It is well known that Vikings would slaughter Christian monks for the hell of it. And that Christian Vikings would slaughter Pagans who refused to convert. 'Saint' Olaf, afterall, made his name in the blood of pagan women and children.

Woo there people has this site turned into a history lesson on how to make nations feel bad about there past?

Yeah every nation has done bad things in the past but we try to better our selves now I think what the bakabox was trying to say is that america is doing nasty things now when we are supposed to be a better world.

Also though seriously where is this leading to an all out rant about who has a more dark history?

And dont forget your ancestors came from europe they didnt just matterialise out of thin air

Woo there people has this site turned into a history lesson on how to make nations feel bad about there past?

Yeah every nation has done bad things in the past but we try to better our selves now I think what the bakabox was trying to say is that america is doing nasty things now when we are supposed to be a better world.

QFT

Also though seriously where is this leading to an all out rant about who has a more dark history?

And dont forget your ancestors came from europe they didnt just matterialise out of thin air

I know where my ancestors came from. But frankly, I get sick of people raising the same issue over and over again as a means to generalize whole peoples. My ancestors all killed and enslaved each other. I'm under no illusions about that. And I have no doubt that there are very few Europeans who are now alive who have committed atrocities. But the same applies for Americans (and, while we're at it, Israelis), as well.

All nations are equally f___ed up. Europeans have as much a right to mount a high horse and decry American atrocities as Americans have to decry European atrocities. But at the end of the day, the high horse is still up to its head in sh__.

Man thats alot of sh__ but yeah brake out the AK's boys, born again christians are on the grass again.

But does anyone really think that if the un could get away with ruling the world it would pass on such an offer. Personnally I'd just be happy with this lego ship http://www.ezprezzo.com/crazypics/lego_aircraft_carrier.html

I know its on another thread but man that could end all wars that little puppy!

Dude, there's a load of Americans alive now committing atrocities. There's a bunch of marines shooting innocent people, and a shedload of soldiers and bureaucrats responsible for imprisoning innocent people.

:zorro:

And in this corner, we have members of the Allgemeine-SS who have never been tried in any court, despite pushing the red button that gassed Jews to death.

You're just as human as they are.

I didn't think my point was that subtle.

The point was you have your atrocities, we have ours. We both have very large piles of atrocities.

So... to complete the joke....

IN THIS CORNER, WEIGHING IN AT 180 POUNDS AND TWICE ELECTED PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, WE HAVE THE INHUMANLY CRIMINAL DUBYA!

AND IN THIS CORNER, A MAN WHO HAS SPENT THE PAST SIXTY YEARS IN ARGENTINA FLYING THE THIRD REICH'S FLAG, A VETERAN OF THE ALLGEMEINE-SS, HANS!

I never said it was alright.

But let us consider this off-topicness....

And how off-topic it was in the first place to post something about atrocities committed by Americans in a thread that has nothing to do with atrocities committed by Americans? Indeed, that post should have been transmitted via a PM, or posted in one of the many relevant American atrocity threads on this forum.

And, yes, it's alright for Americans to shoot civilians and imprison the innocent. It's not like Great Britain never did it, afterall. We're just attempting to emulate your perfection. :P

Could the lovely American chaps please stop saying how many people they intend to kill? Thankyou. You are, after all, teenage airsofters and would wet yourselves if faced with real soldiers. So let's drop the macho posturing, shall we?

Jag, I didn't bring the issue up, it was thrown up in the course of the debate. I am now trying to get you to explain yourself. 'Kay?

:zorro:

I thought I pointed out that our government was doing horrid things. I also pointed out that we aren't the only ones (nor anywhere near it) and for that it is said that I refuse to face facts?

As for freedom, we've still got oodles more of it than the next competitors. Well... officially, anyway. Unofficially we're the PRC, the Theological Republic of Iran in new clothes.

The simple fact of the matter is, though, that we're not any worse than you Europeans, but you all insist on riding the high horse and refuse to acknowledge that your governments have also committed atrocities. It's like being lectured to about the hazards of drug use by a meth-head while they're shooting up. Sure it's good advice, but it's another case of, "Do as I say, not as I do."

In other words: The hypocrits are trying to lecture the other hypocrits about how hypocritical they are.

Archived