Doc quits DPM!

doc_newstead

You may or may not know that I own 1 or 2 items of British DPM.

:cheese:

Well anyway, I wouldn't mind branching out a little now, and I was wondering if the collectors amongst you could hook a brother up.

I want:

- Something that isn't DPM

- Is relatively cheap

- Goes well with OD kit

A lot of you will say Flecktarn, and I like Flecktarn, but I don't think I could do it justice. And I'd be using an M16. So it'd just upset you as well B)

So win me over :) Sell me your favourite camo. I want to know where I can get it (in good nick, and a good range of sizes), how much it costs & why you like it.

The current contender is a shop I've found that sells Danish M84 camo for £65 (full set). The bar has been set gentlemen B)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK JGSDF (Japanese Ground Self Defence Force) Camo, why?

Well it can go with any weapon system, The JGSDF use:

MP5

M16

M4

M14

M90

P90

G3A3

Type 89

And several others, It's rare as hell in Europe and you'll be assured no other person will be wearing it. Compared to other countries 'Tactical' Clothing its cheaper as well.

I have a personal fondness for BGS for some reason. It stands out (In a good way :P) and is rather good in spring/autumn. I haven't seen anyone use it in summer or agains very green backgrounds so I can't comment on that.

Flectarn.co.uk do a full set of BDUs but you might have trouble getting helmet covers etc http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/productsexo.html#bgs

Russian, all the way. they've got millions of styles and all work with OD no probs.

its cheap as chips and even better if you know an actual ruskie like i do. current exchange rate is £1 - 50 rubles.

you can easily pick up a new set of BDU's for around 300 rubles or something. to a russian thats damned expensive to us its pittance.

pete

Some fine suggestions here, but the AUG user (and thus lovers of all things Aussie) within me suggests AUSCAM. It works well with OD, effective where I live (though the Southern US is a bit different that the UK), matches an M16 and is certainly unique. Militarycraft.com has them.

OK JGSDF (Japanese Ground Self Defence Force) Camo, why?

Well it can go with any weapon system, The JGSDF use:

MP5

M16

M4

M14

M90

P90

G3A3

Type 89

And several others, It's rare as hell in Europe and you'll be assured no other person will be wearing it. Compared to other countries 'Tactical' Clothing its cheaper as well.

Where can we get this camo? :) thanks!

Olive Drab (well you DID say in your first post)

- Something that isn't DPM

- Is relatively cheap

- Goes well with OD kit

Olive drab goes with any type of loadout.

It's cheap, goes with camo/black/more olive, goes well in woodland and you can get tons of gear/accessories in OD that you'd otherwise have to try and source in the camo you've currently got.

My 2 cents anywho ;)

M98 camo (Finnish camo) They also use a C8 which is basically a armalite ; )

Far east  You don't have a source for the JGSDF camo do you?

M98 and C8's are used by NORWEGIAN forces, not finnish.

Also, forget the M98, they're nearly impossible to get a hold of anymore.

*badgeress*. <_<

Ok den, here we go:

Urban Dpm :P

Ahem, no :P

ACU :D at TAII we had a mix of OD and Tan gear with it :)

I thought about it, but I cba going down that road of MICH RACK CIRAS RAID MOLLE TT HSGI l@@k Buy It Now, etc. And it looks a bit wanky.

GO RUSSIAN

Well that's one option. We'll put that to the side for a second, though how it would 'go well with an M16', I couldn't say.

How about JSDF, camo?

I'm assuming this would be a FarEast special? ;) One to consider at least.

I have a personal fondness for BGS for some reason.

Retro :D

Cadpat.

I've had trouble finding the real stuff. Looked into once, but the shipping ended up more than the parcel itself! Still, I have always wanted some...

Multicam

Cheap? Goes well with OD?!

Some fine suggestions here, but the AUG user (and thus lovers of all things Aussie) within me suggests AUSCAM.

I was about to say 'Hell no', but that's a pretty good price...

Olive Drab

Could do. There's plenty to choose from at least.

Somebody also suggested Central European camo. Maybe a little too similar to what I already have.

Ok peeps, I'll chew over the matter, and let you know what I decide upon :)

Archived