Tokyo Marui M1911-A1

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not entirely convinced about thos dents on your frames 'supposed' to be there.

somebody complained the new satin packaging doesnt hold the gun and mag in place in the box, meaning in transit they can move about and crack into eachother. i bet thats whats happened to your guns. ive just ordered 3, and asked for the boxes to be packed out to remove the chance of the mag hitting the gun in transit, or for the mag to be removed from the box. well see when i get mine in a few days i suppose.

as for performance - nothing less than i expect from any TM pistol since the DE - nigh on perfect.

metal kits - i just want to have a metal kit exactly the same as the plastic frame/slide it comes in.

Come on, you think I really believe TM intentionally put that kind of marks on an otherwise beautiful gun? ;) In any case, let us know when you get yours. I am aware of the thread discussing the TM1911A1 packaging. When the box got to me, it was sealed pretty well, and the content inside didn't appear to have shifted out of place during transit. So, the possibility of the mag hitting the gun making those marks is not that great either.

lol cant believe i missed the sarcasm. oh well, heavy night last night.

hmmm. its still nowhere near as secure as old skool styrofoam or whatever its called.

if my gun looked like yours, and i had got it from the same country im in, it would get sent back.

Just thought I'd shock you all and say I picked up a TM 1911 last night.

I'd have to agree that this is a great gun for the money.

It doesn't kick as hard as a WA on 134a, but visually it knocks the Magnatech into a cocked hat. It MAY even be as good as a 'full-house' WA!

TM's best handgun EVA! :D

Cheers

PS On 134a I fired off a mag full and 6 more (dry) shots before it emptied the gas reservoir.

Edited by snowman
The one thing that's putting me off buying it is the colour.. is it really as olive looking as it is in those pictures?

The colour is a dead-on reproduction of a parkerized finish! It can appear slightly olive under certain artificial lighting (just like real parkerized finishes sometimes do), and the camera tends to accentuate this... But its actual colour is a very nice, dark grey.