Tokyo Marui M1911-A1

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know what would be funny.

If everyone started copying marui's 1911a1, literally every single component is cloned.

Just like how everyone copied Marui's V2 and V3 gearbox.

then 2 or 3 years down the road, you can have infinite flavors of Marui-style gas blow back single stacker 1911s, while having full "interoperability" between parts from different companies.

I mean sure, you see companies release slides and upgrades, not no clone.

and KJW and WE does a poor job.

I can dream can I.

Edited by boosterboy
I just sent in an order.

I hold you, Matrix, personally responsible for FORCING me to buy this gun. With two magazines. And Hogue grips.

LOL - well, when you receive it and are feeling immensely thankful that I convinced you to take that leap, monetary forms of thanks can be sent to...

then 2 or 3 years down the road, you can have infinite flavors of Marui-style gas blow back single stacker 1911s, while having full "interoperability" between parts from different companies.

I mean sure, you see companies release slides and upgrades, not no clone.

and KJW and WE does a poor job.

Indeed. If only the copycats were actually equal to or improvements over the original. HFC pulled it off with the spectacular M190. I'd love some worthy Hi-Capa and 1911 copies.

Just keep in mind how long the TM M9 had been on the market before the HFC M190 was made, though.. - ages.

Has anybody in the USA recieved theirs yet? How is the condition of you're trademarks?

RW glues on a plastic orange barrel cap and a strip of black plastic to cover up the trademarks. And they use a new permanent glue, different from what they used before, no doubt a result of the recent Customs crackdown on RW. I wouldn't advise you try to remove either unless you want to risk deforming the barrel and slide. Or you'll be left with an expensive paper weight until a metal kit is released.

Hmm. May I ask which model Hi-Capa? Even if a Hi-Capa slide cycles properly on a 1911 frame, would the guts of the 1911 slide fit properly into the slide of the Hi-Capa? And does the same apply for the barrels as well?

Edited by davedawg123
I just got mine today from RW, and I put on my WE Hi-Capa Slide it does fire and cycle properly.  So There should be bunch of upgrade parts already exist.

Why would you want to put an Hi Capa slide on it? :huh:

I'll probably wait till GnG has it in stock before I buy one. Oh, UNcompany has it on pre-order too. Maybe I'll order one now. :P

Hmm. May I ask which model Hi-Capa? Even if a Hi-Capa slide cycles properly on a 1911 frame, would the guts of the 1911 slide fit properly into the slide of the Hi-Capa? And does the same apply for the barrels as well?

The lower inner frame probably won't fit due to magazine differences. I would think the hammer and the sear will, but don't take my word for it.

Following is items that i tried and work

Piston

Cylinder

Slide

Slide Inner Frame(wrong term?) WE's won't fit TM's might just a few mm too wide otherwise identical.

Barrel Set (Inner, Outer, Recoil) fit as a set but a recoil guide is a bit tight may need some oil.

The Hi-Capa I have is the first one WE/PHX came out with, TM Hi-Capa might have more part compatible.

I am not putting on the Hi-Capa slide permenately I just want to know if it work..that's all..Curiosity

Edited by agricus
Why would you want to put an Hi Capa slide on it?  :huh:

To see what upgrade possibilities are available should the 1911's plastic parts fail in the process of, uh, stuff, and you have to wait until metal kits are released before you even have a chance to shoot your new toy. <_<

(V)atrix-  what verdict on the grip safety.. and frame safety for that matter?

Is the grip safety actually working correctly on the TM1911??

Cheers

Yes, both safeties work as they should. The Frame safety is positive and snaps into position (unlike the KSC 1911 I tried), and the grip safety operates like the real steel version.

The only operational difference I can find is that the TM1911 won't allow me to fully lower the hammer when manually de-cocking the pistol. Some sort of mechanism prevents the hammer from moving past the half-cock position unless the hammer is moving at full speed. So, the only way to safely drop the hammer, all the way, is to remove the magazine and "dry fire" a shot. Not a huge issue, but a bit frustrating for someone who (like me) prefers to be able to manually de-cock a weapon.

this is the gun to finish my nam impression. was between this, the cheapo WA one, and the KSC one.

from what i have read, this wins by miles, and its got TM GBB awesomeness.

but how does it cope on propane if anybody knows ? its free at my sight, so i dont buy gas lol.

hmmm 59 quid from HK

Yes, both safeties work as they should. The Frame safety is positive and snaps into position (unlike the KSC 1911 I tried), and the grip safety operates like the real steel version.

The only operational difference I can find is that the TM1911 won't allow me to fully lower the hammer when manually de-cocking the pistol. Some sort of mechanism prevents the hammer from moving past the half-cock position unless the hammer is moving at full speed. So, the only way to safely drop the hammer, all the way, is to remove the magazine and "dry fire" a shot. Not a huge issue, but a bit frustrating for someone who (like me) prefers to be able to manually de-cock a weapon.

ta dude..

was suprising to see you away from the ASP forums too.. :)