CQB corner

101matt1

Here in South Carolina, we are starting to get a few more games scheduled at Ft. Jackson, thanks to some guys on active. They have a MOUT facility we are working our way towards using. Next month at the game there, we are testing their Convoy Assault course, to do some CQB between a simulated convoy and all. I'm really itching for some CQB :-). Plus one of the airsoft stores somewhat nearby is opening up a place in a warehouse next month as well. CQB ftw.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know about where you guys play, but at my CQB place (www.airsoftcqb.com), whoever is able to stay together as a team wins time and again. Simple as that. You're almost never going up agaisnt trained SWAT guys, its mostly people looking to shoot some plastic and relieve stress. Stay together as a team, move quick, have small easily pointable guns and you're golden.

short shotguns kick *albatross* in CQB and so do SMG's and pistols. Generally anything small is good.

I play woodland and CQB and they are very different in fact i have two practically different loadouts for them.

Cool. For the One Millionth time.

Most people do have different loadouts for CQB and Woodland.

Nah I'm just kiddin. Where do you play CQB? Got any pics? The more the merrier :)

it was more fun to be at :)

You pimping my videos again?

Just noticed a thread about flashlights and lasers in the noob section and some people were saying there useless so heres my quick guide to using them properly

When to use your light:

Only use your flashlight in areas you know to be clear or in small single dark rooms

Always have your weapon shouldered before you switch on your light so if there is someone in front of you they'll get a face full of light, It may not be nice to do but it will give you the few secconds you need to shoot someone in the chest when there looking away/have their eyes closed from the light.

Always turn your light back off and move away from the position you were in after switching it on.

When not to use your light:

If your moving into a large area near the enemy.

If your behind someone, when your moving thru an area only the point man should have a light on otherwise your giving anyone in front of you a nice silhouette target to shoot at.

at night when your standing with your team mates. unless you have a red filter your going to destroy their natural night vision.

If you do need a light source check ebay for glow sticks, you can usually find party/rave supplyers selling them for as little as 50p each or less. They might not be as bright as mil spec ones but there plenty bright enough for airsoft and a damn site cheaper than mil spec ones (£2ish each)

feel free to add or amend anything

• 3 weeks later...
Ohh, cheers for clearing that up.

Out of interest, has anyone managed to use a longer long arm successfully in CQB?  I've been considering an M14 for my first (and only) AEG, and was just wondering if it's feasible to use a weapon that big in tight quarters, or if I'd have to get a Socom-16 length barrel for it.

It takes practice going through doorways and such, but I always use a fullsize M16. If American soldiers and marines in Iraq are doing it and not getting absolutely slaughtered against camparatively shorter AKs and underfolders, I figure anyone can learn to use a full size rifle.

It takes practice going through doorways and such, but I always use a fullsize M16. If American soldiers and marines in Iraq are doing it and not getting absolutely slaughtered against camparatively shorter AKs and underfolders, I figure anyone can learn to use a full size rifle.

Well Arabs can't shoot fer sh!t anyway.

And car bombings don't require much accuracy.

Anytime mass 'insurgent' attacks took place they got owned hardcore by a handful of troops who aimed then fired as opposed to Allahuakhbar-spray-and-pray... ;)

Though you can bring a shorter, lighter weapon up quicker than a fullsize rifle like the M16.

The AK is a still pretty heavy even with a folding stock.

I find bull-pup guns still to be best. (Next to pistols and true SMG's [uZI, MAC 11/10, TMP]) I think they are so efective because they almost have no stock whatsoever. Even guns like the FAMAS don't have that much of a stock compaired to a M4 or whatever.

I find bull-pup guns still to be best. (Next to pistols and true SMG's [uZI, MAC 11/10, TMP]) I think they are so efective because they almost have no stock whatsoever. Even guns like the FAMAS don't have that much of a stock compaired to a M4 or whatever.

I think the M16/M4 series NEED stocks because it contains the recoil buffer (not entirely sure about that but think its true).

The AR-18 or G36 mechanism doesn't need it hence the bull-pups based off them.

Completely academic in airsoft though... :P

I always laugh when I read about people complaining that the mag well of a bullpup is "harder to find".

Like its any more difficult than a full-size rifle...if anything it should be easier, in the dark you know it should be between

your shoulder and strong hand...for a fullsize rifle its...somewhere out there :huh:

Well Arabs can't shoot fer sh!t anyway.

And car bombings don't require much accuracy.

Anytime mass 'insurgent' attacks took place they got owned hardcore by a handful of troops who aimed then fired as opposed to Allahuakhbar-spray-and-pray... ;)

Though you can bring a shorter, lighter weapon up quicker than a fullsize rifle like the M16.

The AK is a still pretty heavy even with a folding stock.

Watch it buddy. Stereotyping is *not* cool.

i love how 1 person puts up a tactic or gear setup that they think is 1337 but then the post right below them is bashing wat they just stated. basicly it all boils down to your playing style. If u like not moving and just finding a good room to hold down then id go heavey on the mags. u wont be moving so i wouldnt dont worry about weight (pack a sandwich too u might be there a while :P). if ur the guy running around clearing rooms apnd what not, then id pack a little lighter. but then agian if u like holding ur position and packing light so u can move if u have to, or say ur a fast guy and can wear the heavier stuff and still move fast, what is to stop you. what i am trying to say is that there is no definate right and wrong way to do things. i have seen even a springer used effectivly, not saying i would recomend it but it worked for him. So it is what u wear that makes a difference, not what they wear, it is what you do that makes a difference, not what they do. When i loose look at it as what i did wrong not what they did right (although i do take into account what they did so that i can know how to react the next time). if you can play effectivly the way u like to be geared then that is the right way for YOU. Do what ever it take for u to get the kill.

I think CQC owns. Snipers are good in there own right and yea they help us out loads. But cqb is way more exciting in my view. And just out of interest what setup is everyone using? :D

I use this

PICT0360.jpg

Bulle FSBE in the winter for an extra layer but in the summer I switch to a chest rig (same pouch layout but with a camelbak instead of the hydration pouch)

and for weapons I just use whatever takes my fancy off the wall with my 1911 in a belt holster for backup (I hate cheap droplegs and dont have the cash for a safariland)

PICT0343.jpg

Archived