Pictures Of Your Weapon

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But it isnt

Its an MR series rifle, by D&L Sports : see here. They come in two variants, that is based as far as i can tell on the MR700, which is 7.62mm. I say based as there are quite a few details mixed in from both variants !

Sorry to be the smartarse but i love those rifles and have done a fair bit of reading on them :P

Hey thegunrunner: did you find the Tanaka HiPower Mk3 to be complete s***? I did :( Got the silver version and the finish is terrible, and the mag ejects while it fores A LOT. Much sadness of faces :(

I was disappointed too as I've been nothing but impressed with other Tanaka products I've owned before. The finish is not smooth in all places, and the slide lock won't engage when the magazine is empty as the follower is too short. Oh well, guess it's still a nice collection piece and I can use the magazine in my 1935.

Those P38s; Maruzen or Marushin? I want one for my WWII collection, any thoughts on which might be a good one to go for dude? :)

Hi there. Yea They are both Maruzens. They are Excellent guns. Very Very reliable powerful and accurate. I have heard good things about Marushins also, but they are NBB, and I heard the grips are kind of junky, But other than That they are good. I would definitely get the Maruzen though. They are GREAT. I am SERIOUSLY considering another one, maybe in silver.

Hi, welcome to Arnies - got enough rails? :P

Hehehe, welcome dude, welcome. In all seriousness though you seem to have 2 optical sights on that G36 :wacko: Wouldn't the ACOG rather obscure the reflex?

I've been a reader for a while, just never posted before :P

and

You (I) can never have enough rails :P

The ACOG scope and the reflex line up pretty well, and the reflex pretty much provides my ACOG with an illuminated point to aim at whilst providing pseudo-protection for my ACOG. :D It's mainly for a futuristic look, and i'm not sure if I'll skirmish it. :unsure:

I'm looking to change that setup with a long *albatross* scope, any recommendations? -- I'd want to stick it on a G36C top rail (which I recently aquired these forums) so that I can have irons backup, what mounts would be recommended for this? Is it a good idea to ask questions like that on this thread?

Sy-

Possibly not the best place as most people here are just pimping their pictures and drooling over those of others :D Try searching for threads with `scope rings` + `ironsights` in titles only in all forums then trawl through those threads :) Another good search term would be `scope mount options` ;)

On scopes, I wouldn't recommend using any kind of zoom scope to be honest, an RDS is gonna prove far more useful. Any zoom scope over about 6X magnification is next to useless on an AEG and anything over 3X isn't helpful, just makes most of what you use an AEG for harder IMO. A small zoom scope, a 1-3 for example, is about all you want and is ideal if you really want to spot stuff I guess. The restricted field of view you inevitably inflict upon yourself with a zoom scope means you wont be seeing much of the field so it just makes you unaware and vunerable, to be honest, but thats just what I think so go with whatever you want, at the end of the day :)

Right, on with the pimping :lol: I have managed, by dint of much effort, swearing, help from Shard & coffee, to fit a silencer onto my Tanaka M700 A.I.C.S. Woohoo!!!

Goddamn I love this thing. Its ridiculously quiet as well (more details/ranting in my blog, linked in sig below) and it seems to get better and better the more I play with it. Love it. Love it to bits :wub:

tile22003.jpg

With another shiny new Tanaka of mine: S&W M629 Performance Centre Target Hunter HW (Christ have you finished reading that name yet??!)

tile22012.jpg

-

New AICS; New Danger :D Also featured herebelow is the new (yay for new stuff! :rolleyes: ) TM m3 Shorty with the also-new Smokeys rear pistol grip. I think its one of the best-looking shotguns out there with this grip on, but I'm a sucker for pistol-grip shorties I guess *looks lovingly at metal M500 Shorty* :wub:

tile22013.jpg

Here's another of that Shorty, then:

tile22009.jpg

-

And finally with my also just-new TM Chrome Desert Eagle (wooooo Hardkick!!) and the technically-2nd-or-even-3rd-hand-but-new-to-me Maruzen VZ61:

tile22001.jpg

Lovely.

Edited by evilhippy