• Mp5
    • CQB M4
    • Other

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SEALs better than the SAS?!

<loads of BS>

Actually, because Western special forces units cross-train so often, the only thing that would affect the outcome of any competition between any two of them would be what they ate the night before, how many hours of sleep they got, and what they ate that morning.

[/off-topic]

Two MP5Ks with 1000-rnd drum magazines.

Two MP7A1s with oodles of STAR 100-rnd midcaps failing that.

:ph34r:®

I've only just attended my first CQB skirmish and I used my stock TM G36C with a combination of hi-caps and mid-caps depending on the game. Did the job for me but I'd love to have a go with an M4 CQBR or similar shortened Armalite

An MP5K would make an excellent secondary weapon. It's on my shopping list!

ps.: There should be a different thread for this SAS vs. the worlds special forces petty argument if at all. But for my two pence, it's obviously going to be most likely that everyone thinks they're own countries SF is the best - good bit of patriotism from all. But it's also true that whenever there's a "situation" at hand in an allied country the SAS are always called upon to be on site as "consultants".

Ireland's Special forces group Rangers would kick the head of the SEAL and SAS.

Looks like someone needs to learn how to read.

Actually, because Western special forces units cross-train so often, the only thing that would affect the outcome of any competition between any two of them would be what they ate the night before, how many hours of sleep they got, and what they ate that morning.

[/off-topic]

:ph34r:®

On-topic...yet off at the same time! lol! :D

Look at what weapons the SAS and the SEALs use in different situations.

In CQB (entering a building etc.) they use MP5s. For more open areas they use M4s/M16s.

Simple! Makes me wonder why I didn't think of it before! ... :blink:

Well I voted MP5 because I have a hankering for one right now ;). Also, in real-steel terms they are still the most popular CQB guns around, but are becoming less effective due to more criminals/terrorists using body armour.

That said, the TM G36C (which I have) is a superb all-round weapon and is easily short enough for CQB. Plus there are loads of mag choices for it :)

I've used a friend's P90TR a few times as well, and it isn't half bad either. The range, power and accuracy are pretty much the same as the G36C (read= Good) and because it is so small and light it actually has a little bit of 'kick' to it from the piston moving when you fire. Just makes it that little bit more special :)

The only thing with the P90 is the mag choices, but if you keep the hicaps lubed they are pretty reliable. The problem is carrying them round :s

I like all of the guns, but MP5 FTW! :D

Archived