Dream Setup?

themedicineman

What would be your favorite roleplay setup to play in, doesn't matter where.  

302 members have voted

1. 1. What would be your favorite roleplay setup to play in, doesn't matter where.

• Mid East Insurgent
    • Domestic Special Forces (HRT, SAS, SWAT))
    • Special Forces (Rangers, SAS, SEALS)
    • East Bloc
    • USA Army
    • Brit Army
    • Aus Army
    • Fantasy (Vampires and Lycans)
    • WW2
    • Vietnam
    • KKK
    • IRA
    • Old old stuff (Things like those that Tanaka makes)
    • I Go Out in a Tux
    • Other....

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

m16a2s are easily accessable, as there are tons of stockpiles of them, and I've seen quite a few pics of terrorists/rebels using m16s..

WTF is east timor? Is that really where you live? Explanation plz.

Also, what do the fun meter pouches signify?

East Timor was a small region in Indonesia (now it's a small Pacific nation on the island of Timor, and a neighbor of Indonesia).

A few years back there was a seperatist movement which, along with the Indonesian government's response, tickled the UN enough to deploy soldiers to East Timor. Most of whom were Aussies.

I recall it as being the first time I saw an AUG on the news.

EDIT: The morale patches are just that. Morale patches. It's supposed to show that you're having a lot of fun, or that you're not afraid, or that you're full of bu__sh__. Of course, there are a lot more than just those, including one that's intended to show the wearer as being a Milsim'er.

The reason we want to be like the military is because we do a thing called mil-sim. In mil-sim, all of your dreams of going down in flaming glory without the concequences of losing you life become a reality. It's so people like ME can escape a pathetic existence and for once, imagine myself as the HERO... or that's what you want to hear. In actuallity, I respect the guys that do it for real so much, I think they are so undeniably kick *albatross*, that I want to be just like them. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery. I just do it without the whole need to write a will and such.

And as for the KKK and IRA.... meh, I'm Indian so I really don't like them but I just thought of them because they have CS 1.6 character mods for them.

SAS is comparable to Delta Force. Not a class of it's own. It's a blend of SEALS and SWAT with a whole lot more training. In other words, it's a special force. SAS and Delta Force both run OPs domestically and overseas.

HRT is the Hostage Rescue Team, they are special but don't go overseas for combat (They did supplement the GSG-9 with technology when they ran the assult on that plane in Somalia). SWAT is called in when normal cops don't have the fire/manpower to handle the criminals. They are special but don't go overseas.

The main reason I grouped these groups/agencies/teams/whatever teh *fruitcage* you want is because they carry similar gear. Why do you think I said that the Japanese dudes would come under special forces?

And you use combat gear? in airsoft? NO WAI!!!1!111111one111eleven1

Cookie?

:flamed:

Delta are SWAT, that get to fight in wars....

dont compare them to the SAS, they have thier asses handed to them, sas arnt swat with seals and training... SEALS are wannabee SBS the daddies of amphibious SF :P

the sas was the original model for global SF btw....

delta was based on them...

also the SAS were attached for the somali incident btw, they provided the flashbangs to the GSG crew and a sniper detail.

this is also the event that lead to the sas adopting the hockler instead of the mac for cqb ops

also, never heard the CS character mods revered to as IRA or KKK... and css isnt airsoft...

by combat gear, i meant some plain black armour, with raid mod black bdu pants, and a Teeshirt, and belt order for my mags, nothing fancy, nothing 'zomg im sf kkthnxbai'

occasionally i crack out the Issue britkit for woodland, mainly cos its free, and i like my webbing set up. and real gear is tough enough to last...

personally, imitation isnt flattery. i find people imitateing units quite offensive, mainly because some like to wear things like para wings, sas beret, marines tab, etc,

if you havent earned it, dont damn well wear it....

i airsoft with MY rankslide on my combat jacket with just a union jack and a Yorkshire regt patches...

mine for life beehatches :P

Delta are SWAT, that get to fight in wars....

dont compare them to the SAS, they have thier asses handed to them, sas arnt swat with seals and training... SEALS are wannabee SBS the daddies of amphibious SF :P

Bu__sh__-o-meter

Min.|___|___|Max.

................../.......

................/.........

............../...........

............O............

the sas was the original model for global SF btw....

delta was based on them...

And...?

also the SAS were attached for the somali incident btw, they provided the flashbangs to the GSG crew and a sniper detail.

And...?

personally, imitation isnt flattery. i find people imitateing units quite offensive, mainly because some like to wear things like para wings, sas beret, marines tab, etc,

if you havent earned it, dont damn well wear it....

Have you earned any of those things?

If not, then I fail to see how you're in a position to say that someone is offensive, since you have no idea of what those who have earned it feel about other people wearing their kit.

I suppose that whenever you see actors portray the British Army in a movie, you ring up the producers and demand that they appologize to the real men and women who 'earned' those uniforms?

EDIT: Missed a bit....

EDIT2: I are teh kingzorz of the uncompleted sentence.

So then I fail to see how you're in a position to comment on people wearing Royal Marines Commando rockers or SAS insignia or para wings while playing dress-up. You're certainly in a position to comment on people wearing the insignia of your Yorkshire Regiment. But not on the matters of the Royal Marines, SAS, or paras.

your failing to see the point,

Wearing an achinvement that isnt yours whatever the achevement, be it rank or qual, is just plain disrespectful... and give airsofters a bad image with the forces...

the amuseing thing is, quite a few people who wear all the badges wouldnt make the basic infantry grade... never mind sas or bloody marines...

your failing to see the point,

Wearing an achinvement that isnt yours whatever the achevement, be it rank or qual, is just plain disrespectful... and give airsofters a bad image with the forces...

the amuseing thing is, quite a few people who wear all the badges wouldnt make the basic infantry grade... never mind sas or bloody marines...

You're limiting the very real achievments of the men and women of the SAS, Royal Marines, and Paras to small metal pins and swaths of cloth?

Do you think that the integrity of their achievments could possibly be tainted or degraded by some SAS/Royal Marine/Para fanboy?

Do you honestly believe that by grinding a Para's wings to dust or incinerating a Royal Marine's beret that you can take something away from them?

If so, then you believe that their honor is flawed and weak and that the slightest ill wind could blow it apart. It is you, then who are disrespecting the achievements of these men and women by tying their achievements into something as superficial and impermanent and inanimate as a metal pin or a cloth patch. That's as bad as the Evangelicals who limit God's power by saying that such-and-such a thing must happen in order or God to end the world.

The truth is that someone who wears a Royal Marines rocker or para wings or an SAS beret might not have passed the physical requirements to join those organizations, but they are not and cannot detract from the achievements of the real men and women of the real Royal Marines, the real SAS, and the real para units.

EDIT: Oh, and almost all organizations have ranks and rank insignia that closely follow that of their military counterparts. Unless you're suggesting that the Salvation Army can no longer use military ranks as forms of address for their members. I suppose you'd also say the same of police organizations and PMCs that utilize a rank structure.

You sir, have obviously never served.... or know much about how the militery works....

winning the right to wear that badge or flash is an honor EARNED...

not bought off ebay...

get off your damned high horse...

Ladies first.

I haven't served. I plan on serving in the US Marine Corps. My father served in the Marine Corps. His father served in the USAAF. My mother's father couldn't get into the Army (because of an irregular heartbeat), so he tried to sneak it, but was caught.

When you complete SAS or Royal Marine Commando training, you don't win the right to wear a beret or pin. You earn the right to be counted among the few men and women living (and in history) who have had the physical and mental where-withall to make it into that elite fraternity. The pins, the ribbons, the medals, and the little pieces of cloth are only superficial symbols of what they're achieved. They can be destroyed and, as you said, bought off of eBay. What the individial did to "earn" those devices is not and cannot be undone by the destruction of the device nor by the improper wearing of that device by others.

A flag isn't something worth dying for. A pin isn't either. Soldiers, sailors, and Marines don't do what they do for the flag or the pin. They do it to be in an elite fraternity. Simple as.

winning the right to wear that badge or flash is an honor EARNED...

not bought off ebay...

Wearing it for the sake of authenticity in an airsoft game is completely different than wearing it and actually thinking that you are a member of that unit.

Airsoft is a reenactment, just as a movie is. Who gives a damn if you earned those wings or not? The fact is that your just role playing as a person in that unit in a game.

I have my Great Uncles wings in a droor--did I earn those? No. What about those WWII reenactors with Airborn jump wings? Did they earn those? No.

The point is, people who wear those are wearing them for authenticity, not because they think they deserve them.

If that person wears those wings/medals every day, then yes, you should give a damn about whether he earned them or not.

indeed, back on topic

argueing with a civilian is no use.... no matter how many militery relatives youve had...

also, the regular militery will think your a T*** for wearing the insignia of a unit thats not yours... they do make a big deal out of it, it IS an insult, weather you like it or not :)

there are a lot of people, airsofters included, who agree its disrespectful. i obviously cant stop you looking like a w***er

(PS-your doing a great job btw :) )

Its quite amuseing, americans must not value thier ranks very much,

as english players will give you a totally different view. we take pride in the honour, integrety and tradition of our armed forces you see :)

indeed, back on topic

argueing with a civilian is no use.... no matter how many militery relatives youve had...

Arguing with someone who isn't SAS or Royal Marines is no use, no matter how many SAS and Royal Marine relatives you've had.

In other words, you're completely discounting a completely valid theory because of something I haven't had the chance to do.

Or are you discounting it because you feel inadequete to the task of stating your own opinions on the matter and countering my points with your own?

You haven't. All your arguement boils down to is "You aren't military." A cop-out if ever I've seen one (and I've seen a lot). You can play little games of insults all you want, it doesn't change the fact that you have no rational arguement to make. Or if you do, you're refusing to do so.

Its quite amuseing, americans must not value thier ranks very much,

as english players will give you a totally different view. we take pride in the honour, integrety and tradition of our armed forces you see :)

Or we do value our militaries' ranks, we just don't deify them as you British do.

ok ok, just out of curoisity now, i will +1 either of you, for telling me what your arguing about now, if you cant

Whether or not someone wearing the rank and unit insignia (and various other devices) of an elite unit for role-playing and re-enactment is dishonoring the achievements of the men and women who wear the uniform day in and day out.

Archived