Dream Setup?

themedicineman

What would be your favorite roleplay setup to play in, doesn't matter where.  

302 members have voted

1. 1. What would be your favorite roleplay setup to play in, doesn't matter where.

• Mid East Insurgent
    • Domestic Special Forces (HRT, SAS, SWAT))
    • Special Forces (Rangers, SAS, SEALS)
    • East Bloc
    • USA Army
    • Brit Army
    • Aus Army
    • Fantasy (Vampires and Lycans)
    • WW2
    • Vietnam
    • KKK
    • IRA
    • Old old stuff (Things like those that Tanaka makes)
    • I Go Out in a Tux
    • Other....

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stargate atlantis: done

Stargate sg1: done

US infantry: done

US speshul forces: done

current loadout: jeans, foebus glock holster and belt order, black tee, PT armour, and p90/m4

Im fed up with wannabeeness

i dont understand why so many airsofters want to play act special forces. I do a me loadout, i take combat gear...

also

why are HRT, SWAT and SAS domestic special forces?

surely HRT and SWAT are law enforcement

and SAS are just SAS... (class of thier own damn it)

and who would WANT to play as KKK or IRA? the pain and suffering those organisations of biggoted racist retards have inflicted on innocent people for being themselves? what sort of respect do you pay the many dead by playing as thier killers?

you'd have to be either nieve or a serious headcase, or one of them... and i wouldnt want to know you....

Stargate atlantis: done

Stargate sg1: done

US infantry: done

US speshul forces: done

current loadout: jeans, foebus glock holster and belt order, black tee, PT armour, and p90/m4

Im fed up with wannabeeness

i dont understand why so many airsofters want to play act special forces. I do a me loadout, i take combat gear...

also

why are HRT, SWAT and SAS domestic special forces?

surely HRT and SWAT are law enforcement

and SAS are just SAS... (class of thier own damn it)

and who would WANT to play as KKK or IRA? the pain and suffering those organisations of biggoted racist retards have inflicted on innocent people for being themselves? what sort of respect do you pay the many dead by playing as thier killers?

you'd have to be either nieve or a serious headcase, or one of them... and i wouldnt want to know you....

The reason we want to be like the military is because we do a thing called mil-sim. In mil-sim, all of your dreams of going down in flaming glory without the concequences of losing you life become a reality. It's so people like ME can escape a pathetic existence and for once, imagine myself as the HERO... or that's what you want to hear. In actuallity, I respect the guys that do it for real so much, I think they are so undeniably kick *albatross*, that I want to be just like them. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery. I just do it without the whole need to write a will and such.

And as for the KKK and IRA.... meh, I'm Indian so I really don't like them but I just thought of them because they have CS 1.6 character mods for them.

SAS is comparable to Delta Force. Not a class of it's own. It's a blend of SEALS and SWAT with a whole lot more training. In other words, it's a special force. SAS and Delta Force both run OPs domestically and overseas.

HRT is the Hostage Rescue Team, they are special but don't go overseas for combat (They did supplement the GSG-9 with technology when they ran the assult on that plane in Somalia). SWAT is called in when normal cops don't have the fire/manpower to handle the criminals. They are special but don't go overseas.

The main reason I grouped these groups/agencies/teams/whatever teh *fruitcage* you want is because they carry similar gear. Why do you think I said that the Japanese dudes would come under special forces?

And you use combat gear? in airsoft? NO WAI!!!1!111111one111eleven1

Cookie?

:flamed:

double post...

And JGDSF (don't know the exact abbreviation) comes under domestic special forces.

How is there anything special about the JGSDF (no offense intended to any current or previous employees of the JDA)? Maybe JGSDF Rangers would be SF, but the JGSDF are practically Japan's military. Being in the JGSDF would be like joining a National Guard outfit. Only you go to work for the government everyday and train more often than once a month plus two weekends a year... and you'll probably never be deployed abroad and you can quit working for the JGSDF at any time with no legal ramifications.

Granted, many of the JGSDF's missions complement and supplement those of the Japanese police forces, but generally, it's much more likely that SAT will be called upon to solve a domestic incident, unless they lack the numbers to do so, in which case they would be supplemented by units of the JGSDF (such as the use of radiological, biological, or chemical weapons by terrorists). But SAT or the national Japanese police agency would remain in command, with the JGSDF operating under their auspices, unless it was determined that the attack was commanded by a foreign power.

They are a para-military, if not a military, force that has been deployed over-seas. Very soon, it is likely that they will be recognized by the Japanese government as being a military. They are not like FBI HRT or LAPD SWAT. They're more akin to USAF Parajumpers and the National Guard: Many domestic duties, but they can be (and have been) called upon to serve in a foreign nation in a combat zone as an operational military unit.

It's down to the person at the end of the day. I try to go for as authentic a loadout as is realistically possible, as that's my personal preference. I think guys who want to merge cosplay with airsoft and wear their favourite character's gear to airsoft should be able to (although at a mil sim event I think perhaps they'd quite understandably get laughed off site).

The whole thing is a game at the end of the day where suspension of belief is involved, so as long as there's no offence caused by an outfit, I think people should be able to dress how they wish. :)

Archived