AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In case anyone else is interested in the cleaning rods in my guns:

The AKM has a real cleaning rod that fits without any mods.

The AK47 has the original Inokatsu cleaning rod that's only half as long as the real one. I had to put a longer screw in the front sight that goes through the lug on the cleaning rod. With the normal screw the cleaning rod wouldn't stay in place at all. I'll replace it later with a real rod, though the handguards will have to be modified a bit to make it fit.

Yeah i know it would look better with a bakelite mag, but the prob is i only have one, and it is a hi-cap, and i hate hi-caps too much even for pic purpose... i play with my old marui low-caps, i know they are not 100% accurate in this ak, but they will do the job, until i buy 8-10 bakalite mags :D

nice looking Ak mate. since someone else will do it i had better point out a couple of things.

the lower receiver is missing some studs. they come in a little plastic bag with the elements receiver.

the lower front grip is actually a AKM grip. the only AK74 to have that type of grip was the very early ones which also had a different trigger guard.

and lastly you might want to try and get a element brown pistol grip. thats the type the the wooden 74's used to have. (unles you can find a hens teeth plum pistol grip)

I'm not saying you 74 is wrong. I like it but someone will say the above.

Edited by mightyjebus

And i bought it off somebody else ;) Sorry i didn't have any pins etc with it. And id use plum mags because there more accurate and look better....and look black anyway, especially after wear.

And you can get a cheap box of 5 plum mags thanks to our god send MAG

Yeah i know about the body pins, I bought it off fin so duno where they went.

externally they're only flat darkgrey discs (part of the fire control group) pop into a local B&Q find some nails with corect size of heads saw em down to little stubs and glue them in place is probably best bet

Edited by snorkelman