AK & Variants Picture Thread

Updated my RS drummagazine on my Inokatsu AIMS with a new wire thru the back of the magazine and thats not as big and fugly as the last one, also gonna add a small "klick button" soon, i got it somewhere in my messy room XD

aimsspf2.jpg

aimsbcn3.jpg

Edited by GRIM!
  • Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well im sorry didint meen to offend you just thought it was lack of pics on AKs, also wanted to hear the thoughts of the small wire if it looked better than the last one or ideas to make it better.

Edited by GRIM!
Aw, is Grim mad that his 9 out of 39 AIMS kits is not that exclusive anymore? Aww. Just to be nice, I'll put a 5.45x39mm magazine in it and a 7.62x39mm muzzle!

Ironically, I've got a 7.62x39mm muzzle brake on a 5.45 gun right now..

It was advertised as being compatable with .223 too..

SOOOO..

Edit:

Also,

guns017.jpg

Edited by Yeager
Well im sorry didint meen to offend you just thought it was lack of pics on AKs, also wanted to hear the thoughts of the small wire if it looked better than the last one or ideas to make it better.

Keep it coming, i love your gun, its a beautiful piece of wood and metal.

Also, does anyone have a spare Russian issue sling, real steel or not, i just need a sling, like the Russian issue ones. ^_^ thx.

VFC AKS74U owners, please help!!

Whilst attempting to install VFC wood grips onto my Cyma AKS 74U (I've established that the grips fit on exactly like the VFC AKSU), I managed to dislodge/bugger the spring loaded top cover mechanism + lose the pin which holds the top handguard on.

I think I've found the pin which holds the handguard pin in and I think I have the spring as well, could someone please show me how to put it back in so that the spring loaded top cover works again and so that the pin stops the rear of the top handguard from coming off :(

These are the parts I have

DSC02456.jpg

(Pin, Spring, piece of black plastic which I'm not sure is a part or junk)

and this is the AKSU top cover in its current state

DSC02445-1.jpg

(From the rear with top cover open. The pin fits inside the spring and the spring fits the hole pointed out in the picture very well)

DSC02449-1.jpg

(From the front with top cover open. The pin can move in and out of the hole at the front easily which leads me to believe its the original one)

DSC02455.jpg

(top cover closed with nothing in the circled hole in picture 2)

As you can see the pin which protrudes when the top cover is closed (to hold the handguard in) is not present.

I should really stop trying to tinker with stuff myself and let others do it :P....

Thanks in advance for the help!!

Edited by tangman

The part i have labelled should push the pin through the hole so that it holds the top handguard in place, it is possible that piece of plastic has snapped off of the part i have labelled(that all depends if it is a plastic made weapon or not i guess) and that is why it is not being pushed through...

post-6786-1190367440_thumb.jpg

Thanks a lot for the help mate.

I took the whole top cover off and found out that a tab had snapped off, luckily the part which has snapped off is the same black tab that I thought was a piece of junk (in the picture from the original post). Just stuck it back on with copious amounts of superglue and laminated the whole area around the break with more glue so fingers crossed it'll be good to go within the hour!!

DSC02457.jpg

Good stuff mate glad you never threw it away!!

Unfortunately after I glued the tab back on the pressure from the spring snapped it back off :(

In the end I reglued the tab back on and stuck the handguard pin in as per normal but without the spring. No more spring loaded top cover but the tab is strong enough to hold the handguard pin in and take its weight if it moves about (the pin is a nice snug fit though so shouldnt really have that much of a problem).

With any luck the chinese companies will release a new reciever set :innocent:

BTW Forze, did your Cyma AKSU come with a Instruction manual??

Edited by tangman

IMGP2124.JPG

IMGP2139.JPG

IMGP2132.JPG

On top:

Inokatsu AKM

real-steel adjustable rear sight

real-steel cleaning rod

350fps. upgrade and MOSFET

weight 3400g

On the bottom:

Inokatsu AK-47 with milled receiver

real-steel rear sight

weight 3900g

I still need to find canvas slings for both. Currently the grey nylon ones I have just won't suffice.

The AK-47 is a really have piece and totally indestructible! The milled receiver is super nice, but I still need to have the stock trunnion made of steel. It has a Marui trunnion now and I can't live with it! I waited 3 months to get the kit from Redwolf so I want to make it perfect.

I have a Unicorn AKS-74U coming in to complement those and will probably get an AKS-74 w/ GP25 soon enough :)

On a side note, the Inokatsu 100mps mechboxes suck big time! Crenna's lasted less than 10 shots before ###### out and I've already changed all the internals for the one I have in my AKM.

They use the Cyma approved XYT gears, which are OK, but all the other parts are horrible. There's a clear plastic spring guide, etc. Definitely NOT worth the 220USD that they go for if bought separately.