AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lovecraft & sturgis: beautiful rifles!

ecrrr: total? 2k. 'course, i don't have to do any performance upgrades, and i don't exactly need any external accessories to complete the look, so i figure its not that much more expensive than a heavily upgraded inokatsu-kitted AEG.

huh...typical  <_<

the holes of the front end arent threaded, so maybe it can be dremeled abit till its lines up...

Bit of filing of the holes in the receiver should do the trick. I had to do this to a metal receiver I have. If you've got a circular needle file, use that, it won't take much to get the holes right.

On the subject of your AK. like the gun, don't like the flash hider you're using. It's tempting me to get the side folding stock for my shorty '47S... gah!

its a very intriguing idea, the idea is sound, i just think it could look better with a lowr profile mag at the back (say a P90 mag) and just, well generally looking different. you know what i think would look interesting on a gun like that? for the front mag you could get some AKM plastic mags, spray them to match the colour of the gun, reverse the lips on the magazine so it loads back to front and have it positioned so the mag joins with the bottom of the grip making a hand/trigger guard.

Those AtoZ dragunovs are such beauties.

For years I'd been toying with the idea of getting myself a dragunov. I was always looking at the kits over at wgc or redwolf to convert a 47 into one. I never grasped just how different the guns were untill I finally bought myself a JG SVD (to satisfy the dragunov urge) and then got to play with the AtoZ version only a few days after.

I bought a raped AK....

Anyway, I got over it and now the SVD is becoming something interesting. Similar to a galil i guess, but with a SVD foregrip. Most of the bits and bobs are somewhere between Hong Kong and the UK. I'll get some photos up as soon as I've got it all together as I'm quite curious to see what you guys think of it. It will have no real RS sisters but as an airsoft weapon it should work quite well.

Sturgis, I love your Spetz. I bought myself the same stock/body combo but its in postage. Just one question, I can see that you need to use the JG top cover or you wouldn't have a rear sight but how's the one that comes with the G+P kit? Is it a good dark black or a Purply colour like the JG one? Also how strong is that Stock? It looks all plastic but is it nice and sturdy?

Thanks guys, loving everyone's AK's. They're the only AEG's that ever look "real" to me. MP5/M16 all toys, but the AK47 "for when you absolutely, positively need to blow ever mo...."

I hpoe you all know the quote ;)

:blink:  im assuming this is some sort of weird anime gun???

and what the hell is that thing with the tree sticking out of it?

These guns are not anime inspired. It's just the practicality of having 2 guns in one that makes it very effective in outdoor battle.

They both have 1 trigger to fire both guns at the same time.

2 different mags for 2 different guns put into one.

my_plague_666:

Intriguing idea I will consider it.

Cheers!

They both have 1 trigger to fire both guns at the same time.

hang on, that cant be good for the gearboxes, the G3 will run out of ammo before the AK and the G3 gearbox will just be left dry firing.

thanks for considering my idea, i'd always thought it would be a pretty cool design on a unique project gun.

oh, and does the one fire selector change modes on both gearboxes, if so how did you do that?

D*O1 do you own those guns or do you own combat quarter store?

I own Combat Quarters as well as both guns.

my_plague_666:

True, the G3 will lose ammo first, but if you notice. Above the trigger, is 2 switches. Which, when flipped can activate either gun OR both at the same time. Hence we figured the AK to shoot 450fps for long range and the G3 shoot 350-375 for medium range combat. And only in FUBAR situations to use the double gun combo to prevent dry firing. Also because of this, it will only shoot full auto. :(

Til next time.

Edited by D*01

I dont grasp the concept of having the need to fire both guns at the same time...

The increased weight is not beneficial, although it is better to a point than carrying two guns.

How would being able to fire both guns at the same time be beneficial in any way? The Ak will be shooting too hot for mid range and the g3 is going to be outranged by the AK.

The only thing I can say this gun is useful for is a wallhanger.

I dont grasp the concept of having the need to fire both guns at the same time...

The increased weight is not beneficial, although it is better to a point than carrying two guns.

How would being able to fire both guns at the same time be beneficial in any way? The Ak will be shooting too hot for mid range and the g3 is going to be outranged by the AK.

The only thing I can say this gun is useful for is a wallhanger.

The weight is not as bad as you think. In all honesty, it's as heavy as a metal m4 with a metal grenade launcher loaded with bb's, and even then I think it's lighter. A marui AK and a g3 are not heavy at all (ex nay on the metal body). As of right now I have no scale, so I really cannot compare the 2. But I will post when I get around to it.

Imagine this... You are behind a bunker, and you see a guy shooting at you. Which would make you duck or go for cover. A straight line of bb's hitting your bunker or 2 lines of bb's hitting a bunker. When shot at by these guns, (trust me I know) it feels like you are being shot at by an automatic shotgun due to the amount of bb's heading your way, making it hard to escape. Consider the 2 gun combo as a way of giving covering fire, or a last resort.

Although it does seem funny at first, it's first field day proved that, in the right hands this gun can change the tide of a push. But then again, isn't any gun good in the right hands?

-D*01