VFC M249's and FN FNC

Hoppum

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is a effing AG416 as the AG36 is designated for the G36,look it up.

It's an AG36 or an M320 (a modified for the US Army AG36).

There is no such thing as an 'AG416'. Look it up, yourself. I just did a google search and do you want to know what popped up? A site in Chinese and a site in Japanese. Nothing in English. Nothing in German. Why?

BECAUSE THERE IS NO F___ING AG416. IT DOESN'T EXIST.

THE TERM 'AG36' IS ONLY A MARKETING GIMICK BY H&K TO TIE THE LAUNCHER IN WITH THE G36. THERE IS NO AG80 OR AG85 FOR THE BRITISH, NO AG7 OR AG8 FOR USERS OF DIEMACO/COLT CANADA GUNS. THERE IS ONLY THE AG36 AND THE M320.

I'm touched that one of you idiots was smart enough to give me a neg rep over something you're wrong on. It's touching. Truly. Grow a brain. Do some research. Then return.

@Sekiryu: The M320 and AG36 are superior to the M203 in the fact that the M203 is single action. Opening the breach cocks the weapon and, because apparently the Army thinks that single action weapons are more accident prone, an M203 is not loaded until it's needed. The M320/AG36 is double action and thus does not need to be used with the same safety precautions (ie: it can be carried loaded).

bold text is cool lol, and to be fair, the ag36 and the m230 arre different, not by a whole lot though.

http://hkpro.com/HK-Blackwater.htm

Scroll down, you should see a launcher that looks like an m230, apparently its the HKGLM launcher, looks pretty cool, not sure about the vertical grip though...

THE TERM 'AG36' IS ONLY A MARKETING GIMICK BY H&K TO TIE THE LAUNCHER IN WITH THE G36. ....

THERE IS ONLY THE AG36 AND THE M320.

Take it easy fella, I'm surprised more people haven't neg repped for that little tirade, (and what appears to be whinging about receiving a neg rep)

But, a quick question, if 'AG36' is ONLY a marketing gimmick, and the M320 is the US Army designation for a modified 'AG36', what, In your far from humble opinion, should these people who are really just pleased to see an add-on for their 416's be permitted to call it? Hell, what's it really called if AG36 is only a gimmick?

I was thinking about putting a Madbull AGX on mine? Do I dare use the term AGX?

Play nice, ok?

An add-on single shot 40 x 46mm AG416 enhanced grenade launcher module can be quickly attached to the rail system of all models without tools.

http://www.hkdefense.us/pages/military-le/...ines/hk416.html

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=AG4...nG=Search&meta=

I think you'd better email H&K, it appears their making a GL attachment that doesn't exist.

And i didn't neg rep you over this AG416 thing, i neg repped you because you post like your gods gift to arnies and we mortals aren't worthy of your company.

416revised4_5_05.pdf

I'm touched that one of you idiots was smart enough to give me a neg rep over something you're wrong on. It's touching. Truly. Grow a brain. Do some research. Then return.

You see Jag, now you just look like a fool, and an extraordinarily rude one at that. If you'd followed your own advice an done a google search (as stated in your rep history at this time) you'd have avoided all of this. Do the right thing and apologise.

AG416?

I see mention of an 'EGLM'. Which, I assume is the alleged 'AG416'. And it mentions that the XM320 has a shorter barrel than the EGLM. Something which I find incredibly hard to believe as the EGLM looks exactly like both the AG36 and the XM320, both of which have a 280mm barrel.

What makes the deal even sweeter, is that the AG36, XM320, and EGLM (alias 'AG416') all share the same entry, with no mention of any differences on the oft used website Modern Firearms.

Care to try again?

Build quality? Reliability? Mechanism?

What's to go wrong with the mechanism? This isn't a semi-automatic. There's just a trigger, some springs, and a firin pin.

speaking purley in real steel terms the AG36 series are safer, lighter and can fire long cartrage 40mm grenades.

And the short cartridge 40mm grenades are more common.

This is what I think the differences are:

AG416:

http://bastardsinc.blogs.com/.shared/image...rized/hk416.jpg

AGC

http://www.strategypage.com/military_photos/XM8_Rifle.aspx

(Not the best picture, theres probably a better one on the internet somewhere)

ELGM

This seems to be the grenade launher module (hence the name) for the SCAR program for US SOCOM. It is possible that HK's offering of the EGLM was the ag416, or the AGC.

What's to go wrong with the mechanism? This isn't a semi-automatic. There's just a trigger, some springs, and a firin pin.

You make it sound so simple but its like saying a bow is just a bent peice of wood, or a sword is a bit of pointy metal. If you actually knew anything about how things work and what can potentially go wrong, in any construction, then you'd realise that in any mechanism for any item subtle difference can change performance completly.

Archived