The Complete APS 2/96 Thread

The Chef

Quick question to ya guys. I'm absolutely stumped on my type 96's PDI hop chamber. The BB gets stuck where the hop chamber ends and the hop rubber meets. It takes a good amount of force to get it out. How would you guys go about even messing with it? I'm considering just replacing the rubber and seeing what happens after that, but if that ends up being a dead end, any suggestions? Thanks!

Hi.

Not sure if you ever sorted your problem but I had exactly the same with my Warrior L96. I fitted a Laylax PSS2 Aerochamber hop unit to mine with a Madbull 509mm 6.03 barrel. Using the supplied hop rubber it fired OK for a short while but then started "sticking", first having to drop the mag, then re-cock to fire the BB and eventually sticking on every shot. It drove me mad trying to sort it. In the end I put in the hop rubber that I took out of my JG SVD before I upgraded it (into an RPK) and that solved the problem.

I've now put a new Madbull Shark Red hop rubber and H nub in the L96 and test fired in my loft range and it fired every shot. Still got to set the hop at the club range but hopefully it will improve the accuracy. Before the swap (yesterday) I was hitting an A4 sheet almost every shot at 30 yrds, some even going through the same hole, but I'm looking for geater shot to shot accuracy (as much as you can with an airsoft gun).

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The PDI chamber has such a tight tolerance that when putting the barrel fitted with the bucking into the chamber, it can jam it up and possibly ruin your bucking. Put a little bit of lube on the outside of the rubber before you put it into the chamber, it makes everything go together much easier.

I have found the Prometheus Hard type buckings are just a hair bit thicker and don't work well, even with a Prometheus barrel.

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest, I have found a standard Tokyo Marui AEG bucking fits just fine with best consistency. I have had my Maruzen shooting above 500 for more than 3 years and have tried three types of buckings and three barrel combinations. In fact, I'm on my second PDI chamber.

2007- Prometheus 650mm with Tokyo Marui Regular bucking (Still in use)

2006-Prometheus 650mm with Prometheus Hard bucking

2006-KM TN 590mm with Systema regular bucking

2006-Systema 509mm tightbore with Tokyo Marui Regular bucking

Another thing I have realized is that brass (Stock/Systema) and coated barrels (Madbull/KM TN) do not fit as well as a Stainless into the PDI chamber.

Avoid using "H" and "V" style buckings, after mild wear they become inconsistent.

Hey guys, i have had my well l96 for a while now, and i want to get it up to par with my tanaka(upgraded with co2 attatchment coming soon). What king of upgrades will i need for 500fps?. I have not had time to search the threads, so if someone has posted this please let me know so i don't waste your time. But if not, do i need new trigger sears? and what parts do i need? Spring guide, spring and piston? Cylinder heads? and what do you reccomend? Any input would be great and much apprecitated.

Happy Hunting

Scar527

I was more or less asking Livoni, but it did seem as though I was asking you, sorry about that. Parts, well, you can go with the Zero Trigger system or you can upgrade all the sears individually. Either way, getting the gun to shoot stably at 500 fps will require some strengthening of the trigger housing. And there really isn't much point in listing specific names of parts because of the fact that there is only one PSS96 cylinder head, spring guide, etc. But if you really need it:

Laylax PSS96 Zero trigger

Laylax PSS96 Teflon Cylinder w/PSS96 Damper cylinder head

Laylax PSS96 Smooth Spring Guide

Laylax PSS96 Element 3 Piston w/Super Accurate composite head

This set up is what I had in with my L96 shooting at 550. Look into the Guarder 150 spring for 500 fps.

Now, you might have some fitting issues with aftermarket cylinders regardless. I think some have, I know I have, and some haven't. There is about a millimeter's difference in the extension from the original cylinder that goes into the bolt handle and the aftermarket cylinders. But, that aside, it should be a very straightforward drop in upgrade.

Thanks m8. I don't think i want to go gonzo on this with all of those parts, but i will get the 150 spring,spring guide, piston. I asked about the sears as i know that there are plenty of aps2 users that say you dont need to upgrade them for 500 fps. So just installing a new spring wouldn't work eh?

Well, it really is you're prerogative there. If you don't want to upgrade the sears now, then you will have to down the road. I chose to be safe rather than sorry. Keep in mind that if you are asking someone with a Maruzen APS-96, you are dealing with a much higher quality trigger housing unit than in a clone. But essentially the spring, spring guide, and piston are the real essentials to upgrading.

Parts you will need to upgrade.

-Spring

Laylax/PSS2 150m (this means 150meters/second) springs shoot about 520fps

170m 550fps (once worn in)

-Spring guide, (9mm/Thick type)

-Piston, Laylax Or Gaurder, anything that utilizes a piston cup.

-Laylax Red piston cup

Its your choice if you want to upgrade the trigger right away, these are the effects of 550fps after 3 months even with all upgraded sears... Ripped the trigger sear right out.

P5140664.jpg

Thank you. Hey do you know where to get all of these parts( i want to order from the same website to save on shipping). And what do you have to do to get the pdi hopup chamber working correctly. I got 2 1/2 in. groupings at 50 ft :( . or should i get a tight bore barrel?

Well, you can order from a variety of places. I think Airsoft Atlanta has a lot of these pieces in stock...they are pretty common. If not, then I know Trinity Airsoft had some the last time I checked, as well as Airsoft Extreme. If you wait a while, WGC, Redwolf, and Airsoft Global should eventually get these parts in. If you currently have a PDI hop chamber and you are getting those groupings, I'd suggest a 6.03mm tight bore from either Laylax(Prometheus) or if you can find a 6.04 PDI, I've heard fairly good things about both and have a Laylax tight bore. As for hop rubbers, that's for you to decide, it seems as though Livoni is getting luck with the Marui hop rubber, but I can't seem to find it on any of the mainstream sights. I've heard people get great results in their VSR's with the Firefly bucking. Good luck!

Oh no those groupings are with the well's stock hop chamber. I have just heard about how notorious the pdi's chamber is for being incredibly hard to set up correctly. I will most likely look at AEX as i live by them. Thanks for the help guys(and gals if there are any)

Edit: there is a reason i never passed my spelling tests

Excuse me,

What should I do to strenghten the "cheap" trigger box of the Well L96 ?

Short answer: Replace it.

If you like having a safety catch then you need to spend $100-odd on one of the billet alloy housings available.

If you don't mind losing the safety you can buy a complete Zero Trigger for the same cost.

• 2 weeks later...

need some tips...

Just installed the PDI lvl3 cylinder set in my warrior 1 with a PDI SPR 300% spring.

inner barrel and hop-up are stock and cant say if its 6.04 or larger..

I'm getting 500 fps (156 m/s).

is it just me or is this a bit low?

I was expecting about 550 fps.

here are the possible faults I can think of:

- barrel is 6.08 or larger, can it actually "cost" me 50 fps?

- cylinder heads nozzle too short to mesh with barrel properly.

- hop-up chamber is leaking.

Can anyone point out the most probable cause for this thing?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Hellow,

i also got an L96. got a question our two.

I was cleaning the gun at the back on the bolt pull there is a steel long pin with a little spring on it. Like one from a ball pen. I removed that one but now it doesn't get in anymore? I assembled everything again without the pin an the gun shoots. Whats the meaning of that pin?

Next i wanna know if there are any good uprades for the gun? Like a zero trigger our inner barrel? Could you guy's give your internals list of the gun if so?

Swords,

Archived