The Complete APS 2/96 Thread

The Chef

Alright everyone, how would you suggest modding the original trigger assembly for the UTG L96? I can't find a Zero Trigger or Lightweight trigger anywhere, so I'm thinking I'm just going to replace the internal sears and everything. What would you guys think of using resin and fiberglass cloth on the internals? Any other suggestions? The problem is that this rifle will be shooting around 550 fps. :o

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alright everyone, how would you suggest modding the original trigger assembly for the UTG L96? I can't find a Zero Trigger or Lightweight trigger anywhere, so I'm thinking I'm just going to replace the internal sears and everything. What would you guys think of using resin and fiberglass cloth on the internals? Any other suggestions? The problem is that this rifle will be shooting around 550 fps. :o

I've seen the empty spaces in the trigger box filled with glue or epoxy.

Dunno if this has been brought up before, but does the WELL MB-01 magazine fit the Maruzen APS2?

http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/produ...products_id=124

It does look very similar to the Maruzen design...

It's a clone, so it should, but you might have to "convince" it first. Maybe with some sanding or grinding, and maybe it will fit fine to begin with.

So, I'm having the same problem that someone else had earlier this thread. I have the UTG L96 and I'm having trouble fitting the original handle on there. There's a small millimeter gap and the handle will cock, but not smoothly at all. Do you think if I sanded the part of the receiver where the handle is making contact with, there would be any resulting problems? Thanks!

Hey guys. I Need some help

Ive got an OK cylinder set for my L96 but i cant figure out how to put it together. Specifically the little metal rod and the spring that goes with it. Ive got the rest of it together i just cant work out how this bit goes in. So can anyone tell me which way it goes? Or direct me to an appropriate guide that would be great.

Cheers Stu

The metal rod should have little bumps on one end, about an inch from the tip of whatever end the bumps are on. Put the opposite end through the piece of the cylinder in which the bolt handle and back end attach, then put the spring in the same end after you get the rod all the way into the cylinder. That rod should fit right into the spring guide and it should all be a snap from there. To anyone who's interested, if you've lost the little grub screw that holds the outer barrel into place, then there's still hope for you're rifle. The PDI hop chamber comes with three grub screws, two of which are used to hold the inner barrel in the chamber, the third I could never find a use for. They are actually the same size as the grub screw used for the outer barrel, so if you have one left over from the chamber like I did, just use it to replace that lost one!

Hello everyone ,i have a bit of a problem i received my type 96 rifle last week put it together everything worked great , i took the gun apart to familiarize with the parts,but when i took the top part of the off which is the (muzzle ,rail trigger ect...) the adjustable hop up selector thing fell out ,you the part that allows to adjust the hop up thats sticking out to the side of the gun that part , i have no clue how to put that piece back ive tried numerice of times but it keeps falling out how can i fix this?

Hello!

I've had an APS-2 SV for about 2 months now. All the internal parts have been changed to stronger ones, and the spring is a M170. The thing is, that how can i make my APS-2 more silent? I don't have silencer, but i tried putting some material inside the stock and outer barrel. It didnt help at all. So if you guys know how to make my APS-2 SV silent, I'll appreciate if you told me. I think I have to buy a silencer, but are there any ways to silence it without a silencer?

-Thank you in advance!

-Herman

Practically, the silencer helps very little, most people buy them for form more than function. The source of noise for a bolt action airsoft rifle is when the piston is making contact with the cylinder head after being pushed by that M170 spring of yours. There are several remedies, although none of them will get it to be completely silent. One those solutions is getting dampers for the cylinder head. If you can find these in stock anywhere, these rubber discs will absorb some of the impact from the piston and it will quiet it a tad bit. Another solution, having the same idea as the dampers, is trying to find a damper cylinder head for the APS-2, which I'm not sure they make. You could mix and match those options, by putting dampers on the already dampened cylinder head. In my opinion, this is where the simplicity of BA rifles causes problems. There's nowhere to put any type of insulation that will have much effect on the noise. But don't worry, a silencer is not mandatory for quieting a BA rifle. Good luck!

Thank you drummguy731.

I know that the biggest sound comes when the piston hits the cylinder head. So I've thinking if I can't find a damper cylinder head, maybe i could put something in there by myself. For example some tape or any soft material. Maybe rubber even. But thanks for telling that silencer will not help alot, would have wasted m money in it:D

No problem. Really, if you keep the material that you've got in the outer barrel, then you really won't have to worry about any forward sound escaping to your target, thus eliminating the logic behind a silencer. I was thinking of doing the same thing you're thinking of doing by putting material there myself, although I was able to find a damper cylinder head. That is a good idea, as long as you can do it without interfering with the function of the gun. Good luck!

a silencer will reduce the noise, ive just changed my vsr from a pro sniper to a g-spec and theres a big drop in the muzzel crack and sound from firing,its only the piston you hear now.

you could make a sound proofed ghillie for it.

on the other forum <_< theres a guy called doa draven that has made a soundproofed ghillie for his g36,he uses this for sniping, and everyone thats seen the gun said it couldnt be heard from a few feet away, and thats from an eag, so you could make a silimar type of thing,this would reduce the sound output from the piston hitting.

Archived