The Complete APS 2/96 Thread

The Chef

Hellow,

i wanna know if there are any good uprades for the gun? Like a zero trigger our inner barrel? Could you guy's give your internals list of the gun if so?

Swords,

yep, there are good upgrades for the gun, your question has been answered.

list of upgrades:

zero trigger

inner barrel.

if you took the time to read the thread fully, you would get a better idea, as upgrades have been mentioned on more than one occasion ;)

i tried this 'reading' thing, it was dead helpful.

as a result, i spent several hundred pounds on parts i researched, and can now chuck a 0.36g bb arround 80 - 90 metres.

accurately and legally.

you cant just go asking 'wot am bestest sniperz bitz' because folk like me get arsey when its been asked and answered several times before. we had to put in the effort of looking around and choosing what we think is the best setup. also, people will have a difference of opinion, so what works for one may not do for another.

maybe when im less tired and grumpy, i will put up a list of parts in mine, but not now :P

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
as a result, i spent several hundred pounds on parts i researched, and can now chuck a 0.36g bb arround 80 - 90 metres.

accurately and legally.

What do you mean by legally? 1J?

And which hop-up unit do you use? PDI or the original?

What do you mean by legally? 1J?

And which hop-up unit do you use? PDI or the original?

i mean "legally" for the uk, so not 1J, but its 500 fps... a grey area i believe, but that is a discussion for another thread :P

and i use the PDI hop unit. it isnt to my liking tbh, but ive made it work. after LOTS OF EFFING ABOUT :D my original was a warrior hop unit, and therefore not very good either.

also;

PSS96 teflon cylinder

tapered cylinder head

PSS2/96 piston head

3 element piston (iirc)

150 spring

9mm spring guide

PDI 6.01 barrel

PDI hop unit

element hop rubber (hard) - this isnt hard at all imo! i dont like it.

zero trigger

a couple of custom mods too, not being listed here :D

it still needs work, i keep trying different hop rubbers (cant get hold of a firefly hard one for AEG though for under $50 - can anyone help here?)

with some fettling, i believe it will get some more range and far tighter groupings. groupings are off at the moment, due to the crappy hop rubber being poorly moulded from the factory.

cheers,

shmook

i mean "legally" for the uk, so not 1J, but its 500 fps... a grey area i believe, but that is a discussion for another thread :P

and i use the PDI hop unit. it isnt to my liking tbh, but ive made it work. after LOTS OF EFFING ABOUT :D my original was a warrior hop unit, and therefore not very good either.

also;

PSS96 teflon cylinder

tapered cylinder head

PSS2/96 piston head

3 element piston (iirc)

150 spring

9mm spring guide

PDI 6.01 barrel

PDI hop unit

element hop rubber (hard) - this isnt hard at all imo! i dont like it.

zero trigger

a couple of custom mods too, not being listed here :D

it still needs work, i keep trying different hop rubbers (cant get hold of a firefly hard one for AEG though for under $50 - can anyone help here?)

with some fettling, i believe it will get some more range and far tighter groupings. groupings are off at the moment, due to the crappy hop rubber being poorly moulded from the factory.

cheers,

shmook

Hellow,

Sow you putted those upgrades in a Warrior L96 they told me that laylax parts would fit in th warrior?

Swords,

Can I ask anyone who uses an L96 with MOLLE gear, which type of pouches do you use? My team's sniper uses 40mm pouches and we don't really like the fact that the magazines have to be depressed all the time inside the pouch.

Thanks.

i use 40mm pouches with mine, and they barely compress the springs at all, as in a couple of mm.

saying this, i have 2 double pouches of different brands, and one type will fit a motorola xtn446 radio in, but the other type wont.

so maybe try different 40mm pouches? as it looks like there may be a large tolerance difference between brands.

hope this helps,

shmook

He has DBT 40 mm pouches. They look like this when he's got it in:

*snip*

Is this alright over a long period of time? Should it be put in at a different direction?

thats fine, they are barely compressed. ive left my mags in my pouches like that for weeks at a time :)

as for direction, they only fit with the feed lips to the top, out of the part of the pouch which grips the mag (you know what i mean :P ). which way round the lips point when in (as in to the left or right of the body) is up to the operator, for ease of removing the mag and loading it.

maybe im sad, but i have practiced arranging my mags (pistol, rifle, longarm etc) when wearing my gear, for smoother reloads when under fire - as in where on the body for best access, and which way round in the pouch...

sad maybe :P

hope this helps,

shmook

hey guys, sorry to ask this but this is a hard term to search... (3 letters..u know...)

Anyone have any information, links to reviews, personal experience with the Maruzen APS SR-2 ?

Is it aps-2 based or unique?

How does it perform? (accuracy, hop-up quality etc)

This rifles looks really floats my boat, and with the new shortened version its getting real hard to resist getting one...

VSR-10 conversion? I noticed the thing on the Arnies news page. Hexagon Products or whatever. They said TM compatible, and from the looks of it, it's just a standard AEG inner barrel and hop rubber job.

Edit: I think to make it a VSR 10 hop up rubber, it would require a new cylinder head as well. To create a seal around the hop entrance.

Anyone notice the New Maruzen L96-VSR-10 hopup conversion? I might just pick up a UTG or some such L96 and put one of those thingumies in. Now if only I could find one of those cool Gas cylinder conversions for one....

Interesting...

Looking at the pictures it doesn't look much like a VSR hop- more like a standard L96 chamber that fits AEG buckings and barrels.

Sort of a cross between the PDI unit and the standard hop.

Good thing is the hop adjustment screw remains in its normal place, not messy as the PDI..

Interesting...

Looking at the pictures it doesn't look much like a VSR hop- more like a standard L96 chamber that fits AEG buckings and barrels.

Sort of a cross between the PDI unit and the standard hop.

Good thing is the hop adjustment screw remains in its normal place, not messy as the PDI..

Pretty much what I said isn't it? :P

The PDI has it's uses. May be tricky, but it can provide a very stable platform. You'll notice the accuracy benefits when you're floating .43s out to 100m. There's no unpredictable side spin. But generally, it's too much hassle to warrant bothering with.

I can't see much difference between the Hexagon unit and the CA M24 hop unit. Guess time will tell.

hi all

i have bought a warrior l96 which is great in stock but is missing somthing ie range and power out put.

i was in vited along to the stirling event in caterick with the guys from 6mil operation:noble light which i hear was a 500 fps limit on sniper rifles as i also play @ the 6mil site @ hilton park which also allowes 500 fps i got the rifle spring upgraded, and have now just purches'd a tigh bore barrle.

the question i want to ask though is what bb's i should put through it any surgetions?

and also as it is a clone of the Maruzen l96 is there anything else i can do to upgrade it, ie hop up rubbers, spring guides, barrel spacers

any surgetions would be most appresiated

hawk

p.s srry abt spelling

Archived