The Complete APS 2/96 Thread

The Chef

1. I've heard 6.08, but I'm not completely sure and I do not own a digital micrometer so I can't for sure tell you.

2. I've heard reports of increased velocity, but I have no personal experience with it.

3. Well, the cotton most likely will need to be replaced constantly, might cause a huge mess with the lube that should be in the cylinder, and will just get everywhere if shredded by the piston. I would either by the Laylax dampers or cut pieces of rubber to fit the cylinder head yourself.

I've heard from various people that the vacuum pistons are just overpriced gimmicks by PDI, but I'm not sure. I would just go with Laylax for internals, they are more cost friendly than PDI and they'll get the job done just as well. If you are interested in internals, PM me and we can talk, I've got some I don't need. Good luck!

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks for the answers. i was totally thinking laylax with the internals but i gotta save up the funds for it. if i get the funds in the next few weeks and you still have em ill keep you in mind.

o and how does the teflon tape mod effect the hop?

• 3 weeks later...

hiya, just jumping on the back of the l96 upgrade chat...

i bought one second hand a while ago, haent had a chance to chrono it but it looks bout 380-400 with .20's. i've never 'interfered' with a sniper before, are they easy to work on?

are the warriors worth upgrading? for the price of the gun i cant imagine the standard sear would take too much for too long?

would i be better with the Well G21/22?

any info/advice would be much appreciated.

ive got the warrior l96 and have had no problems with it. i havent upgraded it yet (decided to rebuild my m4) but will in the future. although i have filled the stock with low expansion foam and glued and bondo'd the seams to make it seamless. also you might want to check the barrel spacers and do the Teflon tape mod. i found the Teflon tape mod to work pretty well in not just a boost in fps but consistency of shots

ive got the warrior l96 and have had no problems with it. i havent upgraded it yet (decided to rebuild my m4) but will in the future. although i have filled the stock with low expansion foam and glued and bondo'd the seams to make it seamless. also you might want to check the barrel spacers and do the Teflon tape mod. i found the Teflon tape mod to work pretty well in not just a boost in fps but consistency of shots

thanks dude, soon as i'm feeling brave i'll have at it with the toolbox. i read ;somewhere; the standard barrel in the Well l96 copies are 6.08? are they aeg type barrels or something annoyingly unique?

i read ;somewhere; the standard barrel in the Well l96 copies are 6.08? are they aeg type barrels or something annoyingly unique?

i heard the early ones were 6.08, and the mkII were 6.04, but my barrel seemed like 6.08...

what im trying to say, in my gibberish, is they are not a tight bore. as for the AEG style, they arent. you need to get a PDI hop chamber to fit an AEG barrel.

but dont get one. i did, and its a complete pig to set up. A NIGHTMARE!!! ive already had to re-tap the thread for the mag release in mine too, through no fault of my own.

if you stick a maruzen hop in (should fit, its a maruzen clone, but not 100% sure if it will go... anyone?), you can get these running very nicely with a decent tightbore from what i hear.

hope this helps,

shmook

hmm, yeah, sorry for the mixed info ;)

mine was useable to about 60 yards when it was stock, if that helps any. it would go a bit further, but shot consistency suffered too much. was ok for harassing fire i suppose though:D

oh, no i meant in general dude. any info is gratefully accepted, i've been playing 5 years now and only just got intrested in sniping, hence i know sod all about it.

my warrior seems ok, i've yet to strip it but i was planning on replacing the o rings, teflon modding and fitting a slightly stronger spring (and a 6.01 barrel if it needs it).

still learning too! got a 6.01 in mine, and a pdi hop too. imo, the hop aint worth it, and a lot of folk use a 6.03, there appears to be no difference in range/accuracy...

but there are others here with far more experience than me, who can get their rifles to shoot alot further on stock hop units, so keep taking all advice on board, i do!

every day is a school day on arnies!!!

yeah im totally still learning about this sniping business. as far as the barrel goes i think its a 6.08 but when i compared it to my JG36c barrel it seemed of a tighter bore. so at least the warrior one is tighter than a jg stock what ever that may be.

ive read all the reviews i can find on these l96 acm rifles and i would have to say that the warrior one looks the best as far as durability and upgrade ability. from what ive read and have compared my internals to the warrior one is an exact replica of the maruzen.

all i have done to mine is the teflon tape mod and i have filled the stock with foam and glued and bondo'd the seams then painted OD. its nice and solid. and the foam dampens alot of noise.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya, apologies if this has been answered before but i purely just out of curiousity i have a question i'd like to ask..

are there any clone aps2 stocks out there which might look similar to a L96 (which fits original aps2's ofc) or the ORCA stock. I've always fancied a L96 but heard so many hop issues etc. My aps2(sv) is pitch perfect atm so i dont exactly want to fiddle something thats not broken..

Thanks!

Once in a blue moon you might get lucky like I did and pick up one of the discontinued Carrot L96 stocks for the APS2.

They are so rare though, that despite not having an APS anymore...I kept the stock JUST incase I ever decided to re-make my old L96. Cna then just drop an APS into it again. lol

yeah i remember the shoot and scoot ones, wow that was a while ago.. Never thought of getting it because i thought eventually someone is gonna make one for full production.. unfortunatly it seems not.. :(, So is there no clones which will fit original aps2's?

Nicoli: your not gonna get an aps2 again silly, they're classic guns now alot of parts are discontinued etc.. what your looking for is a ever so consistant VSR or M700 etc etc....................................................... would you wanna let the L96 stock go? :D

• 3 weeks later...

got myself a maruzen L96 and love it, currently has a trigger casingpart which is all under control

but im looking at upgrading the internals and needed some info on the stock maruzen parts to compare to what i have

the cylinder looks grey and graphity on mine, the piston is metal, the spring guide is metal and the piston head looks silvery.

Im after 350fps set up (which it has) but im after a good life of her with little spent later on.

is this standard parts or upgraded parts?

By the description, it sounds like you have all upgraded internals. The cylinder sounds like a teflon cylinder, if the piston itself is a blue or purplish color, then its probably an upgraded piston as well. Pics would be very helpful though, as we might be able to actually identify the specific parts in the gun!

By the description, it sounds like you have all upgraded internals. The cylinder sounds like a teflon cylinder, if the piston itself is a blue or purplish color, then its probably an upgraded piston as well. Pics would be very helpful though, as we might be able to actually identify the specific parts in the gun!

its got a purple piston in it

i will try get pics for you later

I've got a lightweight trigger that I'd be able to sell to you, new, for 20% of retail price! Give me a PM. And your piston sounds like a PSS2 Element 3 piston, which is a nice piston. I'm going out on a limb and saying that your cylinder is most likely a PSS96 Teflon cylinder, most likely you have the PSS96 ball bearing spring guide, and a PSS2 element 3 piston. You, my friend, have a completely upgraded cylinder/bolt assembly, at least from the sounds of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived