S-3 MP40

trench_raider

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And who lives in Hong Kong, regularly visits the shops in question, has handled both of the MP40s and knows just what kind of shop S-3 is?

Certainly not you.

I visited S-3 in a sort of regular fashion, great shop, and I like the treatment I received, better than most of you at least.

(RPS1) - Possible Lemon? They did not specify 450 with what gram of bb. From what I've heard, it has a HIGH FPS, but horrible accuracy.

Trench-Raider. Ask Derrick, he honored all of mine, and even gave me many items for free, and 1/2 price.

Oh... Btw, thanks Trench Raider. I like to defend my friends from what I believe is false accusations, so great, -1 reputation me. Many people will attest to the fact, that I will fight for what I believe in, and the facts/evidence in front of me.

Let's talk.

Before the DE MP40 was released, Derek msn's me and talks how about his new prototype gun, an mp40. (A few months before the DE MP40 was listed as coming out) Being the Day of Defeat/WWII history buff, I was instantly interested. So far, I have seen no REAL proof, no SIDE-BY-SIDE images that show the DE MP40, and Derrick's MP40, to be the same, both externally, and internally. Only report of the same gears, and then people claiming it is the same gun. Hell, a lot of the new clones use XYT gears, or the one's that have CA one them...

I've been to Derrick's shop, my friend's that visited have been to Derrick's shop, my friends in HK have been to Derrick's shop. We all agree it is a great place, it's been up for 20 years, they have absolutely awesome prices in their storefront, and they have such a WIDE variety. While it is messy, you realize... This is Hong Kong, the only store that didn't look Messy was the Classic Army store... and that store was... (*drool* Pure white, with rows upon rows of guns)...

Derrick gave me his personal cell phone, so I could contact him, and he could *show* me around the place, that included all of the shops in guns street... He was about to give me a tour, but time was running short for me. I bought a TM 1911 from them for $95 USD, much better than the prices found in the US, or any other store in HK for that matter. Moreover, Derrick got me BDU's and a CIRAS vest. Now I paid him the money for all of that UP FRONT, but I had him ship me back the CIRAS vest. Now, I left Hong Kong, trusting him to send me back my CIRAS vest, I paid for it already. When I got back to the US, I sent him my mailing info, and he said he would send it... 2 days later, I had it in my hands...

Now the question is, if he is a *known* scammer, then why would he send me the CIRAS? He already had my money... no need to send it now...

So with my personal experiences, and the fact that a lot of airsofters in HK *KNOW* about S-3, and say it's a great store, I must say I do not agree with Derek being a known scammer.

If someone would kindly post a place where I can contact the admin, and contest the reputation, it would be great. I can back up all of my evidence, and I can prove that I've been there, with no negative experiences, so I cannot HONESTLY believe Derrick is a known scammer.

He added his S-3 MP40, because of his product wanting to be advertised more, after the hack... I was there when he was building/updating his website... Boy did that take a while. Derek is not a computer knowledgeable guy on websites.... It took him 3 months to put everything on there, and make it all work...

PlasticMag - I have no clue on how to access police reports in HK... That comment was directed to DarkLite, so he could access it since he lives in HK.

DarkLite - Sure maybe you do visit more than me, but it sounds like you don't trust them for some reason... I have no reason with any encounter with Derrick to not believe him.

Tippey - Try contacting him VIA MSN. If you ordered two months ago, you probably caught him in the hospital, he got in a nasty car accident that had him with a cast throughout December.

Guys, you must also realize, Derrick is the *ONLY* person who manages the online storefront of S-3, if he gets into an accident, goes on vacation... he can't send it... Best way to talk is via MSN, I always get all the information I need.

I must question everyone's integrity of those who give reputation. No one has shown me DIRECT facts that these are one of the same, it seems like one person said it, and everyone goes along with it.

Everyone keeps -1 repping me, saying that I am defending a known scammer and crook, but I can see no direct proof, only people's statements, and that can be regarded as hearsay.

DEREK HAS SHOWN ME THE DAMN PROTOTYPE PICTURES, PROTOTYPE VIDEOS, TOLD ME ABOUT IT MONTHS BEFORE THE DE MP40 WAS EVEN SAID IT WAS GONNA BE RELEASED.

HOW CAN I TRUST YOU, when HUNDREDS of OTHER people KNOWN S-3 and TRUST THEM, by ordering off of them and going to their field!?!?!?

You can have your opinions, I can have mine. I have seen pictures, videos, and the fact that S-3 is a large place in Hong Kong for airsoft!

DO NOT abuse your power of giving reputation, because you "hear" something, I am defending a person who has given me NOTHING but upmost great service. HE has shown me facts, you have shown me words. I am a great trader, great buyer, and great seller. I defend what I know with facts till the very end, until I can see DIRECT side-by-side photos of EVERYTHING being the same, I will not stop, because Derek has shown me these before, and I must side with him.

I must question everyone's integrity of those who give reputation. No one has shown me DIRECT facts that these are one of the same, it seems like one person said it, and everyone goes along with it.

Everyone keeps -1 repping me, saying that I am defending a known scammer and crook, but I can see no direct proof, only people's statements, and that can be regarded as hearsay.

DEREK HAS SHOWN ME THE DAMN PROTOTYPE PICTURES, PROTOTYPE VIDEOS, TOLD ME ABOUT IT MONTHS BEFORE THE DE MP40 WAS EVEN SAID IT WAS GONNA BE RELEASED.

HOW CAN I TRUST YOU, when HUNDREDS of OTHER people KNOWN S-3 and TRUST THEM, by ordering off of them and going to their field!?!?!?

You can have your opinions, I can have mine. I have seen pictures, videos, and the fact that S-3 is a large place in Hong Kong for airsoft!

DO NOT abuse your power of giving reputation, because you "hear" something, I am defending a person who has given me NOTHING but upmost great service. HE has shown me facts, you have shown me words. I am a great trader, great buyer, and great seller. I defend what I know with facts till the very end, until I can see DIRECT side-by-side photos of EVERYTHING being the same, I will not stop, because Derek has shown me these before, and I must side with him.

Care to show us proof that the S3 and DE MP40s are NOT the same?

And also, I LIVE IN HONG KONG. I AM VERY ACTIVE IN THE HONG KONG AIRSOFTING CULTURE. MOST OF THE PEOPLE I KNOW DO NOT LIKE S-3.

Why? Their prices are not anything special, relative to the other shops, their gamesite is poorly maintained - F**KING COWS EVERYWHERE ON THE PLAYING FIELDS - and very expensive too.

Oh, and since the S-3 MP40 was announced to the public just after the DE one was, your point is moot - how do we know that Derek told you in advance, and how do we know that what Derek showed you was true?

So I'm taking a page from your book - post the proof that the S-3 MP40 is NOT the DE MP40.

I'll be waiting to prove you wrong.

Hey joker8baller

Ive been trying to contact him VIA MSN AND EMAIL SINCE NOVEMBER!!!.

no answer what so ever i can see he is on MSN but set away and have left myself login for days/weeks at a time so that he can leave a message VIA MSN but as yet i have had no reply of him what so ever.

Derek owes me 3 desert eagle mags back from october, before his accident he told me he lost them in november but said he had order some more but would take 2months.

Then in decemeber i had still heard nothing even after many many emails nothing at all. So to see if he was ignoring me i sent him an email from a different account pretending to be a customer with a product enquiry and low and behold i got a reply! Found out that he had a crash and we were incontact for a while on msn when he told me about his mp40. He asked if we would be a uk distributor. We said yes, i asked about my mags and he said he found them and would send them out the next day. Nothing at all since then, no mags, no guns and no contact.

And as others have said, paypal wont do jack because i left it too long to launch a complaint because derek assured me he would sort it.

joker if you get in contact with him please tell him to give me my money back or actually post my bloody mags, thanks.

:angry:

Your answer to your own statement, if spoken by another on another issue that you did not agree on, would be that this was "hearsay".

yeah, its all getting a bit stupid, all this.

christ, a couple of weeks ago, we didn't even HAVE a reasonably priced mp40. I'm tempted to buy one purely for giggles and occasional bouts of "don't mention ze war" attacks.

As such, I seriously could not give a damn who makes it. Obviously if there ARE two manufacturers out there, great, if not, so what?

either way, SOMEONE make with the pictures, for blum's sake.

Hey guys,

I have already done just that-

MP007.png

I wrote a review of the S-3 MP40 from handling a friends, then I promptly went and ordered an AGM from BoomArms. Why? oh I don't know..to save the $110 bucks? :rolleyes:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviewpost/...t/myprod/page/1

I can attest that beyond a shadow of a doubt...............

They are the same product. Like Darklite, I can give you side by side pictures, but yikes there are several of us, Darklite I believe was the first, that have gone to the trouble of researching this for all, so please, please please can we put this to rest.

They are the same gun. I promise and Darklite and I wouldn't kid ya :D

Slainte!

-G

• 3 weeks later...
darklite- that would be great, just so we can lay this puppy to rest

everyone, stop negging joker, its a total waste of everyones time. He has his views, others have theirs. This is NOT something that justifies a neg rep.

Given DarkLite is going to post pictures which, he says, will settle the issue, maybe we could let it drop until then?

:zorro:

Sorry it took so long - stupid Earthquake.

Remember the S3 MP40? It was a DE/AGM MP40 in a new box. That's all. And they almost doubled the price. And the new box isn't all that nice either.

Proof:

xyt.jpg

XYT gears - made in china and used by CYMA, DE/AGM and STAR. This is shocking as S3 specifically stated that their MP40 would NOT use XYT gears.

sameplasticnozzlespringguidepistong.jpg

Same plastic that is used in DE/AGM gearboxes. Nozzle, spring guide, piston, piston head, cylinder head, bushings, tappet, trigger switch unit and grease as used in the DE/AGM XM8.

samespeedloader.jpg

Same speedloader as DE/AGM ones. Also same Wall Charger.

samehopup.jpg

Same hopup unit used in DE/AGM XM8.

samebbssamechrgr.jpg

Same BBs and Wall Charger that comes with DE/AGM XM8.

samebattsametappet.jpg

Same Battery that comes with DE/AGM XM8. Also same Selector switch.

QED. S3 = the suck.

OK I think we can put this to rest now.

Yes. I win.

for you guys desperate to get one of these , last time i spoke to nick at firesupport (peterborough based ) he said they had ordered a load of these clone MP40's and mags , and they should be arriving in the next few weeks , nick is very keen on his WW2 airsoft and I imagine he will be champing at the bit to get these in ! , I am hoping that he manages to get some of the DE USP AEP's but thats another story

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/store/comers...ynamicIndex.asp

I spend a lot of time / money with these guys , and they have never let me down.

Jim Evans

for you guys desperate to get one of these , last time i spoke to nick at firesupport (peterborough based ) he said they had ordered a load of these clone MP40's and mags , and they should be arriving in the next few weeks , nick is very keen on his WW2 airsoft and I imagine he will be champing at the bit to get these in ! , I am hoping that he manages to get some of the DE USP AEP's but thats another story

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/store/comers...ynamicIndex.asp

I spend a lot of time / money with these guys , and they have never let me down.

Jim Evans

Sorry for the Necro. Nice to see you Neg me AFTER the mods comments to stop negging me Darklite. Way to be a responsible forum member.

So, retailers in Hong Kong states.

This is from nachosdesign... Big guy on ASR

ats for the field...bunch of dumb kids they can take the train and get there cheaper.  those are for newbie and office groups.

basically mp40 got them in a lot of problem. this is what i found out

1-they ask the factory that handels a lot of china aeg to copy the mp40 with improvements...heck probably a lot of people asked them, but they dont have the cash to open molds and such.  this is standard porcedure here.  basically customers never pay for development cost because it is way too much for just 1 mold.  and you need tons of orders like in the 10,000 range to make it back.  so as always in china factory has the right to do what they want with the production and let them have first dibs when it comes off the line, but prety much it can be branded like to anyone elses boxes to make up the numbers so factory can get the cost back and make some money.  that is also why the US market is huge for rebrands because company in the US dont have to pay for mold charges.

with that said agm/china factory just decide to release it under their own name and get more orders since there is no way in hell s3 can get the number needed to cover the cost.  so what you have here is all about numbers on the same mp40.  and s3 got their *albatross* kicked for lying to people that it is different.  very simple.

anyway i have not seen anyone here buying the s3mp40 anymore here and their shop has been quiet. 

BY THE WAY THEY DONT OWN THEIR FIELD IT IS A CO-OP ON RENTED LAND.  they share it with other stores.

So I was wrong... Cheers.

From what I understand from Nachos, and what the other members from ASR understand

I think he's saying this:

S-3 has AGM make the MP40. They thought they had it all to themselves, at sold it for their price. AGM went ahead and, because they were not legally bound from doing so, sold it themselves at their price.

So, S-3 overpriced because they mistakenly thought that they had a monopoly on this gun and could sell it for whatever they wanted. Legally, no such monopoly existed.

So Derek (S-3) basically bugged a factory to make a MP40, factory made the mold but the factory had the rights to the mold, and basically took what Derek paid them, and then produced more, since Derek could not afford to buy so many of the production line, and sold it at a lower cost, without Derek knowing that the 2 were one and the same.

I swear to God, Derek was absolutely positive that 2 guns were different.

Care to show us proof that the S3 and DE MP40s are NOT the same?

And also, I LIVE IN HONG KONG. I AM VERY ACTIVE IN THE HONG KONG AIRSOFTING CULTURE. MOST OF THE PEOPLE I KNOW DO NOT LIKE S-3.

Why? Their prices are not anything special, relative to the other shops, their gamesite is poorly maintained - F**KING COWS EVERYWHERE ON THE PLAYING FIELDS - and very expensive too.

Oh, and since the S-3 MP40 was announced to the public just after the DE one was, your point is moot - how do we know that Derek told you in advance, and how do we know that what Derek showed you was true?

So I'm taking a page from your book - post the proof that the S-3 MP40 is NOT the DE MP40.

I'll be waiting to prove you wrong.

Darklite - I didn't see any cows on the playing field -.- Strange, I'd find that hiliarious

But for me, that price is REALLY cheap for that field... Like we pay twice as much as that for a bottle of bb's and admission to one field...

And, hey, I got a lot of good feedback about S-3, a lot of my friends know about them, and Derek's a good guy, polite, and helpful =)

Before Derek's site went down, there was the in-depth review of the new gearbox and the vid of the MP40. =) Was that enough?

Tippey - Can you send me a PM of what you ordered please? I'll contact Derek when he logs on... Yeah. He goes afk a lot, what you want to try and do is contact him about 10AM HK time, he's sometimes on around then.

Darklite - I didn't see any cows on the playing field -.- Strange, I'd find that hiliarious

There are cows there. and the whole place just smells awful.

The service is really horrible, and expensive. I've been there once and I've never wanted to go back again. Even when someone offered to pay for me, the game experience is just that bad.

And, hey, I got a lot of good feedback about S-3, a lot of my friends know about them, and Derek's a good guy, polite, and helpful =)

Wow. good feedback? Yeah, I'm sure that's why they knocked out one of their customers in a brawl at the store.

So I was wrong... Cheers.

And is that all you have to say after persistantly insisting that the S-3 MP40 was different? No "Sorry" or "Whoops"?

Just "Cheers."

Right.

From what I understand from Nachos, and what the other members from ASR understand

So Derek (S-3) basically bugged a factory to make a MP40, factory made the mold but the factory had the rights to the mold, and basically took what Derek paid them, and then produced more, since Derek could not afford to buy so many of the production line, and sold it at a lower cost, without Derek knowing that the 2 were one and the same.

I swear to God, Derek was absolutely positive that 2 guns were different.

WHAT.

ARE YOU HONESTLY TRYING TO SUGGEST THAT A SHOP THAT YOU CLAIM IS THE PINNACLE OF ALL AIRSOFT SHOPS IS UNABLE TO TELL THAT THEIR PRODUCT IS THE SAME AS ANOTHER?!?!?!

Jesus chirst - Derek even claimed that the gears were not XYT - a few minutes with a screwdriver would IMMEDIATELY prove this wrong.

So we KNOW beyond ANY doubt that Derek KNEW that he was selling the same gun. BEYOND A MOTHER*fruitcage*ING DOUBT.

Plus, the Hacking attack was too convinient.

And the REFUSAL I REPEAT REFUSAL AS IN NOT CHOSING TO reply to customers who had pre-ordered the MP40 is INEXCUSABLE.

Picture taken at S-3:

IMG_00472k.jpg

There is actually a woman who owns a heard of cows who lives nearby the S-3 site. The cows often wander onto the playing field.

But for me, that price is REALLY cheap for that field... Like we pay twice as much as that for a bottle of bb's and admission to one field...

For You, yes.

For us, no. For the local market, the people they are catering to, no. I fail to see how this is either a relevant point or even a valid one.

And, hey, I got a lot of first hand, up-to-date experience with S-3, so I'm in a better position to comment, and with a lot more accuracy.

And you keep saying Derek is a nice guy.

So refusing to answer emails from dissatisfied customers, putting a $100USD markup on a gun and then claiming it's not what it is (fraud, by the way) and then knocking out a customer in his shop and putting him in hospital are all things that NICE people do, huh?

Well bugger me with a twelve-foot multipronged instrument, but with friends like that, who needs enemies?

Before Derek's site went down, there was the in-depth review of the new gearbox and the vid of the MP40. =) Was that enough?

No, because before that we had images of the DE/AGM MP40 already, and the "in-depth" review was a bunch of lies. XYT gears. FAIL.

Are you quite through yet, or do I have to keep proving you wrong?

No, I really don't call ASF the "pinnacle of all airsoft shops, I know plenty of others, but I know that Derek is a good guy, and plenty of members on ASR had good relations with him.

aznsk8s87 - What was the brawl about? Why were they fighting? Was it necessary for self-defense? If a customer starts swinging, no matter who started, you should restrain him first, since you have a better trust relations with your employee.

Hack attempt was real. Derek was ######, left me messages and wanted me to hack the guy.

And the REFUSAL I REPEAT REFUSAL AS IN NOT CHOSING TO reply to customers who had pre-ordered the MP40 is INEXCUSABLE.

He did get his e-mail out, according to everyone else, Hong Kong's Fiberoptic line went out due to the Earthquake... I doubt he was able to send/receive e-mail, unless he had something the other retailers in HK don't.

Derek got a prototype from the factory, perhaps they used different gears in order to help him order more orders? I remember them being the new C.A that is always used.

So refusing to answer emails from dissatisfied customers, putting a $100USD markup on a gun and then claiming it's not what it is (fraud, by the way) and then knocking out a customer in his shop and putting him in hospital are all things that NICE people do, huh?

He answers e-mails, it just takes time, he's the ONLY one to run the online version of S-3, combined with a hack (Coincidentally 2 more retailers were hacked early in the month of January.... not to mention Joomla isn't exactly the safest template to be using. And the fact that he had the *beep* to deal with from his real store...

You're not proving me wrong, I admitted all of the above, yet I posted new information obtained by a person who on ASR is praised as the member of the year, and provides all the information to them about what the new China factory, and you just restate information.

Sorry about the pricing thing, but when I went there it was cheap, not to mention the 2 other guys that were American but lived in China mentioned it was cheap...

He just restates information because you refuse to counter that information.

The point of this thread is that the two guns are the same. S-3 overpriced theirs.

The fact that S-3 did not realise that AGM would, and legally could, also produce the MP40 doesn't excuse their extreme overpricing.

The time of the hacking attempt and the claim that XYT gears were not used are both suspicious.

Cows are funny.

Archived