The Complete Tanaka Thread

The Chef

it can be a bit fiddly. the one thing you need to remember is that to get at the hop, the housing has a small allen key up inside the thread that bolts it to the stock.

sorry about the click thing, completely forgot we were talking about a Kar98.

good luck.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, last Sunday, I had an annoying problem with my A.I.C.S...

If the magazine is too full, the bolt won't close. I just got hold of a speedloader, and I only plunge it a few times, so is this just me overfilling, or a problem with the bolt track?

Ben.

its you over filling the mag.

the last BB gets rammed into the magazine and jams in with the top of the mag track. The bolt then doesnt have enough force to pop it out into the barrel.

try knocking the last bb out, or not ramming it full. You'll have more than enough rounds with 29... spare a thought for us old tanaka users... 10 round mags.

Just recieved a Tanaka M700 AICS from someone on these forums.

Its standard (pre restriction) and came with 3 mags. One mag shoots fine, perfectly consistent.

One mag leaks all the time, and the other leaks when its shaken.

Is this a problem with the temperature or the mags? Anyone know how to fix it? They seem to be leaking from the nozzle on the top, rather than the filling valve.

Any help will be appreciated. :)

Ry.

its probably due to a degraded O ring in the gas release valve part.

in itself not a big problem, they are a bit fiddly to take apart, but once you know what you're doing its easy stuff.

new o rings should be pence from a place like B&Q or a plumbers merchant.

Update on the leaky mags...

One of them seems to have fixed itself some how! lol

The other one is leaking quite badly from the back of the magazine (where the lever is pressed by the firing mechanism to release the gas). I've tried tightening the 4 screws holding the panel in place, but it seems like its not sealing. I guess it needs a new O-Ring.

well, set the hop first....

dont look through the scope. look down the side of the rifle and get the trajectory set properly, you'll be able to see it with whites (you wont with the others).

once this is done, you can either bore sight it (by removing the bolt and looking down the barrel) and moving the scope to roughly the same place, or shoot it, and see where the shots land, and move the crosshairs to suit.

Once the shots are falling on the scope picture, then fine tune to get them dead centre.

thats about it.

Archived