Marushin MP40

snowman

Ok, for skirmishers it'll be of no interest as it's not an AEG and it fires 8mm BBs, but for some Marushin's GBB MP40 will be of great interest and it looks as though it'll be here any time now!

marushin_mp40_1302.jpg

Check out airsoft-news.eu for details.

Price doesn't look too horrific either.

Cheers.

Yeah- get the Marushin MP40 for show, buy the AGM (And an extra as a spare) for go ;)

I wonder though if this will be one of the "Export" models that are supposed to be green gas ready :)

Slainte!

-G

becasue they are tooled up for it? becasue they have made a coice as a company to do this (like say kawasaki makes motor bikes and not cars. WHY not? they dont want to)

6mmwas a random chocie as was 8mm. many things like this are apaprant in engineering.

like the way american cars are LHD as henry ford decided that the americans would not be able to change gear with the left hand as most are right handed

or the way in which all PC mice are right hand dominant despite convention saying you should use the left hand for the mouse (according to an ex teach of mine()

I have absolutely no problem with 8mm guns, don't really see why people complain about them.

My old carbine shot hard and accurate. I'm sure it would have shot further with 6mm, but it was reaching perfectly acceptable distances for it to be a good marksman rifle...

Definately loving the new trend towards full auto gbb full size smgs and rifles marushin is taking- its about bloody time someone realised the potential for this part of the market.

Like others, i'm not happy with their choice of calibre, but i'll try and back up my opinion.

8mm bbs are usually harder to get hold of, more expensive and heavier than their 6mm counterparts. This often means that you'll have a lower fps than a 6mm to try and keep the power down, hence less range. To keep the range down, you'll often have to use 134a, which is annoying as with the "invention" of propane as an airsoft gas, its often more expensive. Not only this but eventually i'm hoping to make the switch to JUST propane to keep things simple.

Anywho, i just wonder why marushin didn't make this in 6mm, along with their garand. I think they'd increase their sales by a fair bit. If it did 328fps on propane/green gas with 6mm bbs, i'd imagine that a lot of people would buy one.

Anyway, having handled the marushin carbines/garands, i'm guessing this will be very well made and a nice little piece of kit :)

[...]8mm bbs are usually harder to get hold of, more expensive and heavier than their 6mm counterparts.  This often means that you'll have a lower fps than a 6mm to try and keep the power down, hence less range. [...]

What he said :)

You get 500 8mms for the price of 3000/5000 6mm's (depending on where you shop)!

Anyway - it's nice to see someone hasn't given up on the GBB SMG market :)

What he said :)

You get 500 8mms for the price of 3000/5000 6mm's (depending on where you shop)!

Anyway - it's nice to see someone hasn't given up on the GBB SMG market :)

Anything that avoids spray-and-pray and emptying 400BBs in one go is welcome in my book ;)

Surely it wouldn't be too hard to convert an 8mm gun to 6mm???

like the way american cars are LHD as henry ford decided that the americans would not be able to change gear with the left hand as most are right handed

Wrong, as the Germans built the first cars and decided to make them LHD :P you crazy Brits reversed it for whatever reason!

Wrong, as the Germans built the first cars and decided to make them LHD :P you crazy Brits reversed it for whatever reason!

We didn't reverse it. It's tradition in days of olde you'd ride your horse on the left hand side of the road, if there was trouble coming you'd pull out your sword (with your right hand) and have a better chance to fight - much easier to swing a sword without a horse in the way :)

Anyway I'm sure the price of 8mm BBs will drop when more people start to buy into them. However the price of 8mm BBs might need to drop before people buy them...doh.

If it's as crummy as the M2 with gas in the mag and a lower than real capacity then it will be as popular, nil.  The chinese one is great, and for the ridiculously low price, it's an impulse buy.

*OPINION ALERT*

!Warning!

These are the personal opinions of the poster, and in no way should detract from the enjoyment that a more centered, objective person may experience by owning this product.

!Remain Calm!

This is a Gas Blow-Back Airsoft weapon that uses 8mm BBs! Do not attempt to use 8mm BB ammunition in your real Firearm. Do not operate this equipment while: Asleep, Swimming, or while operating a motor vehicle.

!Be Aware!

...Form your own opinions based on facts and personal experience

:D:P;)

Slainte!

-G

Imagine half the blowback and none of the noise. Marushin is about 15 years late and 2mm too big on this one.

Oh, and my opinion on the M2 comes from first hand use. It is a lame duck and 15 rounds in a 30 round clip is not accurate. Gas in mag just makes it unusable to anyone that wants to do more than shoot cans in the yard. It's a nice build but so is a deact, and it's about as useful.

This is about the same from what I see, but you go ahead and buy one to see if it has an accurate mag capacity and doesn't seize up halfway through the mag from ice.

Asahi is still the superior MP40, 20 years and counting.

Archived