Ye Olde Airsofte

PenGun

If modern "replica" guns are banned then maybe we could go the Napoleonic route with single shot flintlock airsoft pistols firing mini-moscarts and muskets firing grenades...

I think they would be classified as curios. You can buy ancient pieces or display replicas with no legal hassle because they are so old and are not considered offensive (even to the most avid anti-gun nut).

Might be good laugh too, volley firing at the enemy from...15 yards :o

You could have airsoft cannons too, firing thousands of rounds in one go :P

I think the horses and uniforms alone would be worth it!

Airsoft cavalry for teh win!

But pre-18 something weapons aren't covered under the firearms laws iirc, so it should be possible to do anything with them...

edit- Having said that, various types of gun pre-1919 are exempted from outright bans (http://www.dyfed-powys.police.uk/publications/firearmsLaw.pdf), but require certification if you want to fire them. Whether or not that exempts them from being converted etc, or if a deactivated one remains legal to convert is another matter.

In conclusion, ignore me. :D

Yeah... I can see it now...

[Two lines of men approach within 20 yards to the sound of drums.]

[One side aims and fires with a very disappointing multiple twang sound. The blues don't move]

Reds:"Oi! Take your *fruitcage* hits! All of you, that volley hit at least 7 of you!"

Blues lieutenant:"Weapon hits don't count! Sargent, fire artillery!"

[a small cannon discharges a giant 40mm moscart shell raining down BB's on everything for miles]

Reds:"Bastards! Right... Cavalry charge!"

Blues:"They are not taking the hits! Right, men attach bayonets! Knife-kill squadron... charge!"

Lex: *fruitcage* this!"

[he pulls his patriot]

[bURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! - the patriot lays down 420 rounds in 8 seconds then jams]

:rvbteam:

making a bic pen gun is not illegal. and making a flintlock of pre 1870 from scratch will be legal so long as the power is below one foot pound.

IIRC it's illegal cos you are "disguising" a projectile weapon as something that is not obviously a weapon.

Hmmmm, pre 1870 airsoft? I'm up for a Remington cap & ball jobby (I've a thing for octagonal barrels). A nice 'Pepperbox' derringer wouldn't go amiss either. I suppose you could have a gas powered flintlock and have some flash powder in the pan for extra effect before the gas launched the BB. Dunno how you get a matchlock to work though.

what about a longbow or crossbow with built in replica arrow, pull the string back, release, BB shoots out of the end of the arrow,

ooh or those who just cant live without full auto, wonder if that crossbow from Van Helsing. would that count?

I know a police officer who is in dog section, he enjoys making ex-biros into devices capable of launching pellets using lots of wangling, should I report him to his section leader? And if I did, what sort of punishment could he expect...? :P

well if the powers that be *fruitcaged* up and told us we were not aloud to use replica guns, i for one would go for the same tactic i use if for what ever reason none of my guns are firing . . . throw the damn bb's with your hand!, just get large handfuls and start chucking them at someone who is daft enuf to be in range of your throw!

there is some weird sensation when you do this though, kinda takes you back to the mud/food/clay fights you had in school

Archived