TRMR - Tactical Reloadable Maritime Ready BFG

faramon

I can't see this? So I shall post it up .. a pants wettingly lovely looking BFG available on the market:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kh7NdDB2_U&feature=youtu.be

and I don't know who else has them for sale but since the video is by JD airsoft I shall link to them:

https://jdairsoft.net/trmr-impact-grenade

And a copy of the part of the blurb that matters:

Mechanism / Technology:

The T.R.M.R. is an ergonomically designed reloadable device that utilises a twist to arm inertia recoil firing system. This allow for safe, fast reloading of the device without the need for levers and pins as used on conventional hand deployed devices. 

Features:

Twist to arm safety system (The T.T.A.S. system is the safest and fastest system on the market rendering the device 100% safe until armed). 

The fastest reloadable inertia device on the market. 

No pins or levers to lose because of the T.T.A.S. system Inertia recoil firing system I.R.F.S. (allow for successful discharge of loaded munitions on contact with the deck or hard surface from a drop height of 50cm, 19 inches).

The I.R.F.S system will not discharge its munitions on soft flammable materials avoiding ship fires and vessel destruction. (Applies to normal T.R.M.R. deployment heights for discharge).

Manufactured from aircraft grade aluminium and stainless steel. Hardened and hard anodised to Mill Spec standards Multi munitions base system (Allows the T.R.M.R device to be loaded with a verity of munitions for varying mission applications).

The T.R.M.R is 100% submersible and salt water resistant.

Quick detach equipment mounting system for carriage.

The TRMR device comes with the .209 Shotgun primer adapter as standard

So basically an extremely quick to reload BFG ..

As this is what went through my head:

http://i.imgur.com/TK9hz.gif

.... I am jumping in straight away here and ordering one, will let you all know how it goes.

Anyone got one or stuff to add .. and as per usual in case I some how missed this topic existing (I did have a look and search) then banish this to duplicate news area.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks similar to the ohshiboom grenade, but without a pin and a lot uglier (imo), I'd guess it's made by TLD since it's JD Airsoft who've got them first (they have contacts with the owner of TLD iirc) and the carrying options mentioned in the video which seem similar to what was in the original TLD GR-20 aggressor manual in the option accessories section.

More expensive than the ohshiboom by a couple of pounds, uglier and only marginally faster to reload, I'll be sticking with extra ohshibooms myself.

Still, more choice can't be bad if it's a reliable product.

I've been putting off buying a pair of impacts, but these look very promising. The twist-to-arm system is very cool - what would be cool too is an egg-timer styled grenade; twist to select the 'tick time', and throw. I like the style, the not-having-pins-to-lose, and general look of it. Let us know how you get on, faramon.

I have been testing one and it's great . Much safer than my oshiboom as there is no possible way for it to go off with the safety applied (oshi can go off with the pin insert if dropped on the right angle from the rig)

Much faster to reload and yet to have a failure to detonate .

9mm and 12G can be bought seperately  although I have found the primers are about as loud as the 9mm but a lot cheaper to throw 

The 12G is awesome but I cannot see many sites allowing those these days 

The hard anodising is fantastic and they fit in my 40mm grenade pouches perfectly 

The lack of pin is great too :)

.209 Shot shell primers are the only consumable yeah, they're marginally quieter than a thunder b, still loud enough to make your ears ring in a small room though. All of that is based on using primers in a different BFG with a slightly different end-cap so the sound may not be identical but it'll be loud enough that people will notice it.

As for woodland/fire risk, I don't think it's that big an issue, all BFGs produce a certain amount of burning gas when they go off, I've yet to see one set fire to anything!

ThunderBs are pretty widespread over here but what interests me about these TRMRs is the relative inexpensiveness of the consumable, the apparent reliability, and the speed and ease of setup. If I can get these over here to the US and can consistently get shotgun primer blanks ... this could be very cool.

Im a bit against using stuff made for real-steel use in airsoft. Video dont work so i assume this makes a loud bang.

If a real-steel "bang" goes off near me, im fully entitled to use my real-steel 249 buttstock as melee weapon against the users face till my ears stop ringing.

Ahh yes, i do notice a small mistake. Meant more real steel "ordenance"

EDIT: saw one of these "bangs" tested once, 30 feet or more away and our ears were locked for minutes. Owner wanted to use it dispite this untill certain 300 pounds plus -person mentioned where he would shove it if went off even once. Im sure he didnt mean a location his own body.

Concrete-room or some metal maybe in the walls to amp up the bang and we are talking permanent ear-damage very easy.

If you guys use something like these, please be carefull.

Im a bit against using stuff made for real-steel use in airsoft. Video dont work so i assume this makes a loud bang.

If a real-steel "bang" goes off near me, im fully entitled to use my real-steel 249 buttstock as melee weapon against the users face till my ears stop ringing.

In my testing, Thunder B is actually louder (untaped gen 1 cylinder) than 9mm blanks.

Thunder B is db wise louder when compared in controlled setting

Thunder B has a lower pitch of sound while blanks have a sharper pitch.

I'd rather get a 9mm blank thrown at me than a thunder B (especially those capped ends ones -they're much louder than the gen 1 cylinder)

I expect it's because they have no ferrous components an so won't corrode in a salty environment.

As for this being a 'real steel' bang, I think you're overestimating how noisy they are. I set off (accidentally) a 9mm blank a foot away from my head in a tiled bathroom a couple of weeks ago and while yes it was frickin loud it wasnt going to do any permanent harm.

The whole maritime ready thing made me chuckle.  I get the whole non corrosion aspect but surely if these are coming into contact with salt water, they're already in the drink and you can say goodbye.  Unless of course they're being used in flooded engine rooms e.t.c. or really windy days with sea spray.  But then again I'm not storming boats on a daily basis so what do I know.

Archived