New KWA Offerings at SHOT Show 2014

Brigg

So as news trickles out of SHOT Show 2014, it looks like KWA has a bunch of new things to show off this year.

First off is the Skorpion SMG. Many of us will remember that KSC had already showed this off earlier in 2013. So it shouldnt be surprising that KWA will have their own version. Unlike the one that KSC Showed off, KWA's model seems to have a larger magazine. (This might not be the case as it was a poor picture)

There is also a new SMG, apparently of their own design called the KME45C. This one is a bullpup SMG, almost like something HK would have designed in the HALO universe. It looks nice and compact though the stock seems kinda short to actually shoulder it.

One unexpected thing to see from KWA is a GBB MP40. I wouldnt have thought this would be KWA's style but I would be more then happy to have a good working MP40 gas blowback that isnt mostly plastic, ala the Marushins.

The KZ75 Select fire machine pistol is also a new one. The type that takes a spare magazine as a vertical grip. Seems interesting, Though I would be slightly weary about its durability given how their current M93R Machine pistol seems to break so easily.

Also at the show are all of the pistols, sans ATP Auto, that KWA said were going to be released back in 2012. the Colt M1911a1, the Makarov PM, and M945C.

Its nice to see some of these new designs and models from KWA. However, given how KWA hasn't bothered to release most of the models they showed at SHOT 2012, I cant really get too excited over any of it. I imagine the release dates for these range sometime between next year, and when hell freezes over.

Pictures can be seen on AirsoftGI's facebook page here:

https://www.facebook.com/airsoftgi

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally some news on the VZ61, info board says it accepts 21 and 40rd magazines.  Hopefully they'll put out a 1st version CZ . . .

EDIT: just found this teaser for the VZ61:

Video

Unfortunately no mention of a rof adjuster. . .

KSC Mentioned it. heres one of the pics:

http://hyperdouraku.com/event/toygunfesta2013/images/13.jpg

No way to know if it actually works but i would kind of assume thats what they mean.

Where. Is. My. Mother. *fruitcage*-ing. Makarov!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem, anyway yes so a select fire CZ-75 huh, now that is interesting. The M945C also piques my interest though I just wish KWA had better hop systems, they are such decent guns but just fall a bit flat on the shooting I find.

Still given that if I had a M945C or Makarov it would be great for a backup to have on me I don't mind so much on those models.

'FireKnife'

Where. Is. My. Mother. *fruitcage*-ing. Makarov!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem, anyway yes so a select fire CZ-75 huh, now that is interesting. The M945C also piques my interest though I just wish KWA had better hop systems, they are such decent guns but just fall a bit flat on the shooting I find.

Still given that if I had a M945C or Makarov it would be great for a backup to have on me I don't mind so much on those models.

'FireKnife'

Just have to say, I have seen the word piques used on some threads lately and I never knew it was piques and not peaks / peaked. Always good to learn something new :D

Or can they both be used ? :o

Is it a UK / US thingy ?

Sorry for grammar OT!

Pique is correct, peak isn't.  (Peek is even more incorrect.)

Etymology is Old French.  Pic.  A sharp point, hence English pike (as in lance, halberd, etc.).  Peak (as in mountain) is also derived from this, but represents a different etymological branch.

Piquer (Fr.) means to spike, to poke, etc.  Hence (in English) a piquant sauce is a tangy, spicy one.

Pique (v.) means to stimulate (in phrases with interest, curiosity, etc.).

I'm sure FN will have a field day with this post.

This times a million

Someone that is on my side, yay. Though I must admit at least with TM they don't have an actual functioning model AND a page on their website that states they are coming soon with full pictures and product title <_<.

Ah well perhaps it is actually going to be here before Christmas 2014 :P.

It is if it's used as an allegory to my mega boner for that VZ61.

Well I don't think the M945C gives me a stoner (Scottish colloquialism, not a 'stoned' human) as it isn't a TM but I would be glad to see it and see the Makarov at last.

'FireKnife'

Ive been waiting for that Makarov since the day they announced it. I even got to hold and fiddle with the prototype when KWA went around doing visits to shops here in New York, along with the M1911a1.

That was in 2012 and I was told then that it was only a few months away. Considering that they had an apparently working prototype way back then, I dont see what the hold up is. It was even up for pre-order on many of the online retail shops. And then KWA just didn't deliver.

The M1911a1 makes even less sense considering how KWA already had a whole line of 1911's already on the shelves with the Mark series. mags were already common and all of the internals minus the hammer were already being manufactured. And they would already have molds for the externals from their old 1911a1 NS2. Theres no reason that should have taken longer then a few months from the idea to the release.

Thats why I cant get too excited about kwa's new stuff. It just seems like a bunch of hot air.

Thats why I cant get too excited about kwa's new stuff. It just seems like a bunch of hot air.

This seems to be the answer then. I mean at least other manufacturers showed it step by step not 'here is complete working prototype' #wait two years# 'here is complete prototype, erm we haven't figured out how ti make more than this one' :P.

Even the fabled wait of TM designs pales in comparison to this :(.

'FireKnife'

great news finally a makarov :)

Don't get your hopes up. They announced that at SHOT show 2012, showed off the prototype at retailers across the country, and preorders went up at some online retailers. And the gun never released.

Heres a link http://kwacentral.com/shot-show-2012/

So yeah, dont hold your breath.

One would assume that KWA's desire to push the Kriss Vector and ATP Auto out, means that they more or less overlooked everything else, unfortunately.

Heres hoping they dont have some other obscure, incredibly niche project blocking the other releases this year. (I am gonna be so disappointed if they come out with that crappy looking Mega Arms thing before the Makarov)

(I am gonna be so disappointed if they come out with that crappy looking Mega Arms thing before the Makarov)

The Mega Arms rifle is already out in Asia, tough I don't know how much KWA has to do with it besides using their M4 mechanics(offically its a PTS product).

Knowing KWA tough we gonna see those new weapons for the next two shows and still not gonna get them(just look at the time when they first show their AKG and the actual release date).

Well, the pictures they show of it say "Manufactured in Taiwan by Yih Kai" so, while KWA might not be putting their name on it, their parent company (Or OEM maybe) are the ones making it. Which means less production space for KWA and KSC to produce other models.

Archived