GBB MP7 Clone / (Or WE?)

Atsalakotos

Update: Fully disassembled. found fixes for rotating outer barrel and mushy trigger.

The outer barel has retainers to keep it from falling out but has no retainer to prevent it from rotating.

Fix: dremel or file out a small thin strip, then super glue a roll pin long wise. Basically creating the retainer.

The mushy trigger problem. Measuring tolerances. I found that the paint or finish on the trigger box that holds the trigger is a hair to thick. And pins holding the hammer and sear assembly are stiff.

Fix: I opted to just wear it in with continually use but found shaving of the paint and metal in my box. Better to just strip the paint off the trigger near the pin and contact areas to the trigger box. Also, oiled the entire assembly. Now the gun is running smooth.

Full-auto cool down. Still cannot find a fix for this to make it more efficient. I seems that the valve knocker keeps the mag valve open too long causing it to cool down faster than other gbbrs due to gas expansion.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I was wondering that too, surprised they were selling the small rice 7, I couldn't find it on there with their search.

Thanks for the dissemble update, even though it's working itself loose, I think I will remove some of those paint and give it a polish, hopefully that should get rid of the problem once and for all. As for barrel rotation, I can't say I have noticed it yet.

I thought WGC were only selling the SMG8?

They had it listed as the New Wave MP7. But they took it off their site a few days after I ordered mine. I emailed them because I was afraid they wouldn't send me mine since it wasn't on there site anymore. They emailed me back saying they would, but they were forced to take it down because of Umarex. Apparently since they were capable of having trades added to the body of the gun, they would have to enforce a fee for selling "counterfeit real steel firearms" without proper licensing. Hopefully, this does not spread on to other stores, I wouldn't mind picking up another. I ran some test on the metals used for the sears and hammer set. New Wave seems to be using nicer materials for their trigger group. The metal is slightly dense and also gives a little, sort of like it flexes. It should last longer than the average WE trigger assemblies. When crushing a small sample of the hammer sear, it did not break in planar, or flat thin pieces, similar to graphite. It broke apart in somewhat crystalline structures, more common to quartz. I can confirm however that they did use some sort of ferrous material as fragments of the sample were easily picked up with a magnet. Nonetheless, I think the New Wave MP7 is a decent buy. The gun is cheap and most of the assembly could be made out of better materials easily as the trigger group looks like it could have been cut out of rectangular blocks rather than pressed.

Apparently since they were capable of having trades added to the body of the gun, they would have to enforce a fee for selling "counterfeit real steel firearms" without proper licensing.

Silly Umarex. With that logic anything with a hard surface could be made into a "counterfeit real steel firearm" with adequate amounts of double sided tape and logo/trademark cutouts. I ought to send them an email of my H&K matching silverware and dinner plates.

I'm not surprised though, since WGC is the official distributors of Umarex licensed VFC stuff, they have a better reason to conform to them, but they will never be able to stop the other stores from selling it, the slightly dodgier ones such as Jkarmy... shootercbgear.. airsoftglopbal etc... 

• 2 weeks later...

The help prevent the back stock plate from exploding off, I cut down an AEG spring and slid it down to the end of the bolt guide rod. It helps cushion the back plate from the bolt. 30K rounds put through and still running strong. You can also cut longer lengths of springs to push the bolt back faster also to increase ROF and felt recoil. In stock form, my gun is shooting 15 rps. Max distance cut while still maintaining bolt lock gave me an average of 17 rps. This functions as sort of short stroking like on the hi capas. The max distance without bolt lock, still allowing the gun to load, gave me 25-30 rps depending on the temperature. This mod should be used with caution until replacement parts come out. A plus is that my gas efficiency allowed me two full mags on semi and one and three quarters mag on full auto on a continuous dump. temp was 15C

• 1 month later...
hitmanNo2, on 09 Apr 2014 - 01:21 AM, said:

Wall hanging is one thing I would not worry about a WE not performing flawlessly at lol

:D

Nah, but I also wanna shoot it every now and then, just not go to games with it.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I still can't give any useful comment, I took it to my last game and shot it at long distance for the first time at nothing during breaks, maybe went through 3 mags worth of BB in total, all I could say was the hop was off by default, and I couldn't be bothered to even turn it on to see how it would have done, seems to shoot straight (in terms of left / right). Only got one mag still, and it worked pretty well in terms of cool down on a warmish British day. It's still in one piece, not broken itself yet (it'd be hard to break itself by sitting in a bag for months)

It's definitely nice for garden plinking, but mind you you will have the same mushy trigger we all have to begin with (which works itself loose after a while, or you could do as advised above where you sand down some painted edges). And for what it's worth I sold my Tokyo Marui MP7 for this and happy with the decision so far, it kicks hard, looks nice, and seems to shoot pretty decently, so without any experience in how it does in game, I'd say so far it's a good plinker. 

Archived