KWA Shot Show 2016. Mp40, Colt Python

Brigg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Either way, the internal design of the former KWA GBB Vector is the property of KWA. The problem is that if Krytac or whoever decides to make a GBB Vector again, they may well have legal problems with KWA if the internals are at all similar.

So unless they reach an agreement over it, I wouldn't expect to see another GBB version soon.

In other news, Airsoft GI answered on Facebook that the KWA revolvers are indeed metal, so that's good. The look of them screamed of HW plastic to me. And another cool thing, is that the speedloaders are in fact real steel 357 speedloaders. I think that's be a first.

Can't find it now but I swear there was an Apple Airsoft or Iron Airsoft Vector mag at EBAir, something like $80 for a pack of three, shipped.

Just got a couple from Evike.  They like to spit back when filling, and one has poorly cast feed lips.  So much so that it almost always triple feeds BBs, jamming the bolt.  Cosmetically they look very good--virtually indistinguishable from the KWA mag.

$36.00 each

KWA confirmed at shot show mp40 will be full auto only. But if the ROF is as slow as the real one it wouldn't be hard at all to let off one round at a time.

Meh, skip then.

I like to pull the trigger fast like on a GBB pistol, if that's how it'll be, for sure it'll be going full auto :\

I wonder if anyone will make a semi auto sear for it. If the internals of the kwa mp40 are anything like the real one, then it should be possible.

Would've been nice if KWA had included a hidden selector switch somewhere though. It really does limit its usefulness, as a cqb weapon is usually limited to semi at cqb fields.

supprised krytac are not making there own GBB Vector

I have a feeling that Krytac (owned by Kriss) has no interest in making a GBB, at least not in the moment. If Kriss could have legally stopped KWA from manufacturing Vectors, I would bet they would have succeeded by now. 

Forgot all the legal . I think a Vector AEG addresses the airsoft market a lot better than the GBB does, in terms of cost and practicality. 

If you think about it... the Kriss Vector AEG would be a direct competing product to the KWA Vector GBB. I doubt most airsofters would buy both, considering the prices. What you guys think?

I have a feeling that Krytac (owned by Kriss) has no interest in making a GBB, at least not in the moment. If Kriss could have legally stopped KWA from manufacturing Vectors, I would bet they would have succeeded by now.

Forgot all the legal ######. I think a Vector AEG addresses the airsoft market a lot better than the GBB does, in terms of cost and practicality.

If you think about it... the Kriss Vector AEG would be a direct competing product to the KWA Vector GBB. I doubt most airsofters would buy both, considering the prices. What you guys think?

People will buy both.

The way kwa does things is why I don't care for them at all.

Release new gun, for 1 year then your Sol.

When it comes to the FAO on the MP40, even if it does shoot at a slow rof, I don't think it will be allowed at any fields with semi auto limitation because of the definition of FA used in the insurance contracts. The insurance contracts may vary from place to place, but I know one field near me wouldn't allow it because of the definition they used in the contract (I worked for them and was able to read it).

Well, if one wants a select-fire version, all you need is to make a MP41.

Take the MP 40, add a fire selector and the MP28 wood stock. Presto. Very much unkown and rare WW2 weapon...

I'll be waiting for this one to be released,

:)

Kwa don't make the vector anymore, they had to stop. There was a thread on here about it and a member on here had all the details to boot. But for the life of me I can't remember the members name. . .

Well, if one wants a select-fire version, all you need is to make a MP41.

Take the MP 40, add a fire selector and the MP28 wood stock. Presto. Very much unkown and rare WW2 weapon...

I'll be waiting for this one to be released,

:)

The Mp41 was a very different weapon internally then the Mp40 (And actually *was* a Schmeisser, unlike the mp40) The tubular receivers and mag wells are the same, but In order to make an Mp41 you would have to completely custom make the entire fire control group, as that portion is taken from the mp28 as well.

Its probably doable, since the mp28 fire control unit is a very straight forward, simple design. But it would still be a lot of machining. One good thing is that the kwa is going to be open bolt like the Mac-11 AKA: No hammer. That means you could actually do this since the valve striker is separate from the fcg. It really doesnt matter how you hold back the bolt, as even releasing it by hand would fire the gun.

People will buy both.

The way kwa does things is why I don't care for them at all.

Release new gun, for 1 year then your Sol.

You realize that KWA were legally barred from manufacturing Vectors, right? Kriss Arms or whatever their name is pulled KWAs rights to make it. So go blame them.

The exact details I'm sure can't be disclosed for legal reasons, as is usually the case with these things.

However, point being, KWA didn't just stop making them to scorn their users. It was the result of litigation. The fact that KWA continue to stock replacement parts and magazines should be proof enough that they weren't looking to hurt the users.

Archived