Maruzen APS SR-2

sturgis

so what happens when a APS2 sniperrifle and CA870 are left alone in a dark room, while intoxicated?

Their ###### lovechild, the SR2

maruzen_sr2_0106.jpg

from airsoftnews:

Price for this eclectic mix is 20.790 Yen ( 126.72 EUR), weight is 1900g, length 1073 mm.

an odd looking thing...from first seeing it to writing this topic, i have gone from "WTF is that lol?" to "Actually, that's kinda nice..." :unsure:

Maruzen be messing with ma mind lol

I thought we swapped out M4 pistols grips and stock for "sniper" grips and stuff. So is this where all of the extra parts go?

The only thing I like is the bolt, it's small and out of the way. Otherwise it's the fugliest gun I have ever seen.

At first glance all I could think was "uuugh!" after looking at it a second time, I realized that my initial response was correct.

What...you dont want a tactical entry sniper rifle?

With all the responses being "fugly", i'm a little wary to say it looks alrite.

What im more interested in however is how it performs. If maruzen have updated the old APS-2 internals this could be a contender for all the VSRs out there.

Im guessing it is not based off a real gun in any way, shape, or form, yes?

EDIT: Now I look again, I would REALLY want to put an aftermarket stock and grip on it. The ones pictured do ruin it.

Aside being seriously retarded looking, I guess it's been built for specifics rather than re-enactors/everyday airsofters in general. The features seems oriented for competition shooting. I.E. very short bolt lift, ambi bolt design, adjustable/customisable buttstock and pistol grip, quick detatchable bipod and very small framed-body.

I guess it has its own place for some, although not for everyone.

Is that an ambidextrous bolt handle in the pictures? Might be a good thing for left-handed shooters, then. Probably easier than converting a VSR, and in a comparable price range. I'm not exactly enthralled by the appearance, but if it's a good functional rifle, I suppose it'd be interesting to see a bit more variety.

Maybe it'd look better with a solid stock and a tapered barrel.

If I wanted a gun to fit in a suitcase, like a hitman or whatever, I'd snag one of these, chop the stock tube down, and add a folding stock.

Yes.

-Vic

How will you ever fit this in a suitcase, even with a folding stock?

This rifle makes no sense, not that it really matters in the airsoft world. It's certainly different.

Archived