PEQ-15 with Laser

chas

These are just pre-modified Vanaras ones, looks like?

Could be. Mini laser pointers don't take up that much space... Could've easily modified one of those to run off the stored lipo (maybe?? I'm not sure)...

Eh cool, but I still want a really functional one by G&P or maybe VFC could step up their game and make a truly amazing working repro? I've always liked VFC externals more than G&P....

I've got an IR laser, a visible laser module, and a white light I'm trying to bodge into a VFC PEQ15 at the moment... I'll post pictures *if* it works out.

now that ive actually studied the link, maybe i will pass... i want a dedicated laser box, not a modified battery box. as stated above, something like G&P would make, a 99% replica of the real thing, like their PEQ-2a, which was fantastic.

how does the real peq-15 operate? no pigtail switch? i havent used one yet...

-Joe

This is just a moded Vanaras replica PEQ-15, the color looks light on the tan model because of the pic lighting. I believe the laser is just the cheapo Chinese made ones-I'm not even sure if the windage/elevation can be adjusted. The down side is the pigtail switch design and also you need to pop the PEQ open to change the batteries, which shouldn't be too bad. I don't mess with li-po batts. The VFC replica PEQ-15 has a little more accurate detailing compared to the Vanaras one. The real one has a small rectangular control panel with 2 push/click activated switches on it, it does mount on a RIS/RAS rail.

If you want pictures of the real thing to compare the replicas against, there's no better (literally, you could not ask for better) than:

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=140228

It's also super easy to see how they work from those photos too. Clearly marked zeroing dials for both the IR and visible laser, an operational dial for selecting combination of IR and visible laser and what output level (with the highout settings blocked by a removable screw), and a pushbutton fire switch.

Apparently there are a lot of different switches available for it:

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums...ead.php?t=19072

And there are also different versions, I've seen pictures of a few which looked quite a bit different. Not drastically, but like the difference between a different versions of a SCAR, subtle changes which detail minded people can notice.

Whatever the case; I'd like to see one faithfully replicated with a reasonable price, IR laser, visible laser and a decent LED illuminator with IR filter. Run it off 3 123A's (or even a small LiPo) and you'll get good power, good runtime and something awesome... until the next toy comes along.

Archived