WE KnightHawk

L4byr1nth

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(copy text posted in the WE Novak Next thread, paste)

It's pretty silly though to have all these re-traded WEs calling themselves as Novak or Wilson Combat or Knighthawk(I think thats the next one). 1911 is a pretty basic gun, so many people make it, and all that really seperates from one to the other is the sight, the trades, the grips and the controls. If you can't bother to make those right before you call them by their specific type, why really bother to go out of your way and get it licensed.....

RM since you can copy and paste, SO CAN I!!!! LOL

Because they can sell more (You know, make more money) , and some people are not over complicating gun nerds and just like to look at neat markings and have a cool case. Personally, I like the look and wouldn't mind paying for it.

(copy text posted in the WE Novak Next thread, paste)

It's pretty silly though to have all these re-traded WEs calling themselves as Novak or Wilson Combat or Knighthawk(I think thats the next one). 1911 is a pretty basic gun, so many people make it, and all that really seperates from one to the other is the sight, the trades, the grips and the controls. If you can't bother to make those right before you call them by their specific type, why really bother to go out of your way and get it licensed.....

Strategy seems to have worked for WA, wouldn't you say?

And here I thought fish scale slide serrations were hard to swallow. Though for what little licensing fee WE has been churning out, they're saving loads on the R&D (or copy pasta) by keeping to the simple 1911 which has an almost infinite number of iterations. While it may look dull and boring to some (like how some would complain "not another armalite") those who appreciate it will be delighted to have the correct trades of a very specific build they like. I don't particularly like this one, but if they stray towards making Bob Chow replicas, I'm definitely buying.

Anyone know when its coming?

Pretty nice looking pistol although that photo is heavily shopped. Will be interesting to see what the quality is like in hand. Im excited that its supposed anodized which is a definite step up from the painted 1911's currently ruling the market.

looks pretty accurate to me, thumb safety off maybe?

My comment was aimed more towards the Novak Next model. The KnightHawk looks like a pretty close copy. Doing a quick comparison it seems the thumb safety, slide catch and the checkering on the front strap are wrong. Then theres minor stuff like, grip texture, extra marking on trigger guard, lanyard loop on mainspring housing and wrong colored barrel bushing and spring plug. Of course those last few things are pretty minor, so overall its pretty good.

Archived