MAD BULL Landmine blue print

madbull

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so your using a modular "lower" with either a paintball or BB "upper" ? smart way of saving parts ;)

The main points for a landmine should be it needs to be as durable as possible, its going to get buried and such, so it needs to work in bad, bad conditions, wet, dirty, ect. Second to that would be cost.

I cant really see how the firing system works, it looks like you need to step "right on" that button in the middle in order to fire it, with an optional saftey pin through it, can you see any easy modifications to allow it to be tripped via tripwire as well as being stepped on?

It would also be nice to have some kind of internal valve screw to let end users adjust the power output.

Surely screaming weasel is right, the mine would have to be immensely powerful to fire a BB through top soil and still have it spread out over the desired area.

What about taking a leap out of saving private ryan / band of brothers book. They wanted to be able to realistically blow people up without maiming there actors. They did it with just compressed air.

An inch or 2 of dirt on top, charge a chamber with, green gas for instance, and the dirt becomes the projectile. People could jump, sit, land on it as much as they like without risk of injury. Everyone nearby would just gets covered in mud.

Although it would probably just bubble and pop in wet mud.

A couple of things.

1. I agree with wege, the bb's or pb's should be angled out. they would hit more people that way.

2. It looks as if the trigger is a reverse spring... i think that it is extended, not compressed, so it looks like if you pull the pin the thing goes off... correct me if im wrong here.

I was going to say the same thing...

It needs to be:

1. Durable

2. Gas powered (but not dangerous)

3. Concealable

4. REUSABLE!!!

That is all I can think of now.

Would it be possible to have it shoot a burst of air out and then the bb's? Air to clear debris and the bb's for marking. It would have be done fast though.

The firing mechanism seems to work like this:

1. Pin is removed

2. Pressure is applied to the dark top part (someone steps on it)

3. Dark part comes down and lets the ball bearings come closer to the center, releasing the white part to go up opening the valve.

So basically the valve is a copy of the Moscart firing system. Looks promising, especially if the valve and seals are strong enough to handle CO2. As you know, Moscarts have a separate steel collar with a groove for the bearings. Aluminum is too soft and the bearings would surely bite into the metal.

I'd also think that the mine needs a larger gas tank or it should fire a reduced amount of BB's. I'm also concerned about the gas flow, as the channels leading from the gas tank to the BB's look pretty narrow.

It should be easy to construct a trip wire mechanism on top of this mine, but it would be useless because the mine blasts up.

-Sale

First the STAR l85 and now this, Great! :)

firstly, make it , it is a good idea.

you dont allways have to bury the landmine in dirt, if your plaing in dead leafy floor (like me) you can just cover with a few leaves, and Im sure the BB's will go through a dead leaf.

Also, I think you should make it with a camo paint scheme ( just a bit more concealable) instead of bright green (if that is your chosen colour)

Looks like a dam good idea to me, the only 2 point I would add are

1, The diameter of the unit looks to be quite small, so basically when you step on it your whole foot would cover it?

2, it would be better if the top of the unit was square as the current design is asking for dirt to get into the BB chambers. As for burying it surely you would just cover it with a few leaves?

A note on the angled barrels is a good idea but looks like they have already thought of that as there is an O-ring on the outer diameter, that presumably will act as a major hopup unit, sending the BB's up at an angle.

Can't wait to see one of these in action

I think the idea of just firing gas out making dirt and bits fly everywhere is a good idea (as Cpt Nemo pointed out)

It would scare the hell out of whoever stands on it, and stops the problem of the bb's getting through the dirt...as there are none!

If it was a good price i would deffinatly buy 1 or more

And if bb's were used...surely most of them would just fire out into your boot?

EDIT : just saw Maddog beat me to saying this

:)

.:SWAT:.

I think that this is a very intresting concept, an if goes to production, i would definatley buy one.

But i do agree with you guys, that it has to be Re-usable, as people do not want to spend the money on somink you use once, unless they were the price of a small pyro.

I personally would like to see one that is designed on an actualy claymore, is full metal on the outside so that it is durable, an would like to see it inflict pain onto he recieiving end :D .

GREAT IDEA !!!!!!!!

I think the trigger should be designed to fire one the pressure is released.

i.e. You step on it, it activates, you step off of it and it fires.

(Like the training mines the US military uses.)

I also agree that the trigger area needs to larger, and the holes should be angled outward.

Archived