BB comparison

sirrith

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to add something about the KSC perfect .3s. After laying them down on a tower to go through and look at them I had to throw out 15 of them because they had nipples and or were disformed but the others were great thought you all might like to know that if you are using KSC .3s you would prob ably want to go through them and pick out the bad apples.

Thanks, I think I will try a pack of them then.

Cheers for all the help :)

EDIT: seen comment below, would having higher power make them not as good...sorry for being a n00b

depends. 350fps is fine for .25's. going up to 400 and up though you will find them to get pretty inaccurate.

Personally, I suggest you use GUARDER 0.28g from firesupport for a great general purpose pellet that won't break the bank. I used to like 0.30g as my general purpose weight and have tried lots of brands. I favoured Elite Airsoft 0.30g as a good economy pellet.

I found KSC 0.30g "Perfect" to give poor results, but maybe my bag was full of the "duds?"

Turns out the trial I did on page 1 was not SUPER GRAND MASTER pellets. They were only "Grand Master" pellets with tolerences of +/- 0.02mm (SGM have +/1 0.01mm).

Hopefully this coming season I will get chance to do some better tests.

Good Hunting ;)

Ok, thanks for telling me that, Last question, what is the best accuracy 0.3g bb available at a reasonable price I know the guy a few posts up said Xtremes but I have had bad experiences with them in the past (0.25's) but if you all think I should go with them so be it.

Degicons?

well as bushman said, a good general purpose bb is the guarder .28. (NOT g&p though, those are terrible) however if you want a .30 i would recomend the ksc .30's. i have owned a fair amount of them and never had any problems. however after reading the above i am beginning to think maybe they have gotten careless?

anyway, i would not recommend the digicons for the simple reason that they suk. i have heard good stories about the .36 and .43 special order ones, but i have used the other types and have not found them to be worth the money. supposedly the white .30's are amazing out to about 100ft in a good fps sniper rifle, but other than that they are useless.

o, and sorting them wont help. i tried checking my .36's by runnin them down a .01 barrel, and still more than half turned out to be bad.

I wouldn't put Guarder .28s in my VSR. They've about the same performance as G&P .28s.

White straight .36 is better than both by a narrow margin.

They all suck at 50 meters compared to SGM. :(

I'll try to hand pick some washed white .36s w/ precision scale and micrometer for an accuracy test.

Great now I am really confused, also the postage price wolf charges for the guarder 0.28's is outragous! £9.49 !

I might just pick up a bag of blaster 0.3's...but I don't want to waste my money on rubbish.

There is always these like someone already said (the bag at the bottom, 0.3's)

Do you think I should get those.

Sorry for asking I just don't want to spend a fortune nor do I want rubbish.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: £20 with postage + VAT

2nd EDIT: lol just read bushmans post again and it says buy the guarders from fire-support, must have missed that, hence why I looked at wolf.

Trasher, what group size do you get with those ammo types at 25 and 50m?

What barrel and hop rubber do you use? What power is the rifle?

Must say, I am also keen to put some SGM through the M40a1 (2roykit) and see what its capable of in calmer conditions. Funny how I had written them off years ago only to find i had never actually used them :o oops. (I had the black box instead of the red one).

I'll hopefully get out for some tests sooner rather than later.

Good Hunting ;)

Trasher, what group size do you get with those ammo types at 25 and 50m?

What barrel and hop rubber do you use? What power is the rifle?

I posted my results earlier, but here is the gist of it.

- Firefly hard, Laylax 430mm tightbore, 3 Joule (rifle #1)

- Firefly hard, Stock Marui 300mm barrel, 3 Joule (rifle #2)

- Prometheus hard, 590mm tightbore, 2.5-2.8 Joule (rifle #3, SVD)

- .29 SGM

- indoor shooting range

- 25m: 4-7cm groups

- 50m: 15-17 cm groups

The GP, Blaster, and Guarder .28 and .30s produced much wider groups (over 25cm) at 50 meters and much more flyers than the SGM. White straight .36 was extremely accurate up to 35-40 meters w/ the VSR hop, but accuracy at 50m was bad. The AEG type hop (Atoz SVD) was unable to stabilize the .36s.

I posted my results earlier, but here is the gist of it.

- Firefly hard, Laylax 430mm tightbore, 3 Joule (rifle #1)

- Firefly hard, Stock Marui 300mm barrel, 3 Joule (rifle #2)

- Prometheus hard, 590mm tightbore, 2.5-2.8 Joule (rifle #3, SVD)

- .29 SGM

- indoor shooting range

- 25m: 4-7cm groups

- 50m: 15-17 cm groups

The GP, Blaster, and Guarder .28 and .30s produced much wider groups (over 25cm) at 50 meters and much more flyers than the SGM. White straight .36 was extremely accurate up to 35-40 meters w/ the VSR hop, but accuracy at 50m was bad. The AEG type hop (Atoz SVD) was unable to stabilize the .36s.

what about those extremes from airsoft scotland (link in post a few above)

Have any of you tried the siis 0.28s or 0.30s they have the same tolerance as the sgms 5.96+-0.01. I haven`t had a chance to properly test them at distance but indoors close up they seem as good as the sgms. For anyone in the uk airsoft warehouse has them for £7 for 1000 which isn`t as cheap as the guarders but alot cheaper than the sgms. Although they have them listed as the G&P but they send out the siis. I think the reason the g&p aren`t as good is due to the fact they are 5.94+-0.02 so i think the smaller diameter lets them down.

I am not saying diameter is the only thing that decides wether a bb is good or not, just letting people know of another option. After that they can decide for themselves wether there are any good or not. I personally think the siis bbs are just as good as the sgms although as i said i haven`t throughly tested them side by side at distance.

Have any of you tried the siis 0.28s or 0.30s they have the same tolerance as the sgms 5.96+-0.01. I haven`t had a chance to properly test them at distance but indoors close up they seem as good as the sgms. For anyone in the uk airsoft warehouse has them for £7 for 1000 which isn`t as cheap as the guarders but alot cheaper than the sgms. Although they have them listed as the G&P but they send out the siis. I think the reason the g&p aren`t as good is due to the fact they are 5.94+-0.02 so i think the smaller diameter lets them down.

Thanks for your advice.

Are they these ones?

Yes that is them, you get them in 1000 rd bag`s of the 0.28 and 800 rd bags of the 0.30. They also do 0.33 but they aren`t as good, the 0.25s are very good though if you are using a lower powered rifle and they come in bags of 3000 so work out very cheap.

I wouldn`t even consider the idea of putting those glass bbs into any of my rifles and i defiantly wouldn`t shoot them at someone. I didn`t read the review perhaps they are only intended for target shooting but still it seems like a very stupid idea to me.

Yes that is them, you get them in 1000 rd bag`s of the 0.28 and 800 rd bags of the 0.30. They also do 0.33 but they aren`t as good, the 0.25s are very good though if you are using a lower powered rifle and they come in bags of 3000 so work out very cheap.

I am using the JG BAR 10 so I think I will go for the 0.3's. Its either them or the Xtreme bb's.

I think I will go for the SIIS's

Can anyone give a group comparison for those glass BBs vs say, Guarder .28g and SGMs? I know the review says they're more precise, but I was wondering about the numbers.

I'll never put any glass BBs in my rifles... Stupidest idea for a BB, ever. :death:

Archived